Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: When I was younger, I had a crush on a girl (Stupid things you've done yourself)  (Read 2827 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Don't worry; she's reading people's replies to my posts too ;D
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I was wondering where she went.

On-topic, I would need a small novel to list all the stupid things I've done. I still beat myself up for many of them, and I still do some of them. It's a good thing I'll never have kids, because they'd be screwed from Day 1 unless mom turned out to be super-amazing and canceled out my genes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

Stupid things ive done to myself... hrm...

Socially or physically?
cause i can't think of any social things at the moment (probs will later)

but physically, I was carving out a cool log house for my pet frog "Death Lord" all was going well untill my knife got caught oon a knot and i tried to force it and ended up stabbing my left hand down to the bone.
I was at my camp at the time (this was before i moved out to the country so camp was still what we did) so we didnt go to the hospital, just lots o gauze and lots of peroxide. still got a massive scar from it.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

I've done everything you've done, well, except the GameFAQs part.

I've had a crush on a girl, who's crazy intelligent and pretty enough. It went somewhat like the first part of your post, but I eventually said to my brothers that I had a crush. They then hacked my facebook account and checked to see who it was. They concluded she wasn't pretty enough to suit their standards and basically mocked me for it. They asked me why I didn't fall for that other girl (who was prettier, I'd admit, but she lacked brain power. I'm attracted to intelligence), and why I had a crush on that girl instead? I told them because she was smart and such, but they were just laughing at me.

I just gave up. It was an unconfirmed crush anyway, so I stopped. I became jaded, because my brothers can choose who they want to date and if I did, they'd make horrible fun out of me? F**king unfair, bros. It was stupid of me to say that, and have a crush on an idealized version of a person anyway.
I had a very similar situation about, say, a year ago. But with out the hacking. And I only have a sister.

Anyway, the best one I can think of off the top of my head would be me sticking a metal skewer into a socket. In my defense, I wore gloves. At first, it was actually significantly harder the I thought it would to get a electric current, leading me to suspect adults spent a lot of time imagining terrible things that could happen, regardless of likelihood (I still hold this belief). Anyway, After jamming it a decent ways in, I actually got it, leading to a massive electric current surging through the skewer and burning my hand through the glove.

Good times.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Since I have considerably more "when I was younger" time than most of you, it's only fitting that I have more stupid too.  :-\

Sadly, in some cases I only need go back a few months to find noteworthy poor decisions.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

Hey guys, can I join the high-five club too?

So, I have plenty of "well that was stupid" moments, although most of them I can't recall distinctly enough to mention or don't consider worthy of mentioning here. I can easily contribute to the relationship angst. Lemme get my notebook.

Another stupid thing is that I consistently misspelled eighth as eigth during the entire writing of ye olde text wall.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

If that girl's still around, un-hypothesize your thoughts.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

Im tired cause its late and i have trouble reading.
So i kinda skimed it.
And i think i get the jist of it. And that sufks duude..

Thats waay worse then me stabbing myself to make a suitable house for Death Lord.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Remember that there's always more fish in the sea. Don't get caught up in one until after you've caught it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Hey guys, can I join the high-five club too?
* Sirus high-fives the Astronomical Kitty
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile

So in other words I'm a coward, I know I'm a coward, I know that my rationale is idiotic, but I can't bring myself to care enough to do anything about it, and I'm completely passive in all varieties of relationship so it is unlikely that anything will happen outside of my own (lack of) initiative.
Hey me,
so I write without even remembering, now ?

PS: high five ... :/

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

I'd high-five, but I have a ethical obligation not to contribute to quote pyramids.

Remember that there's always more fish in the sea. Don't get caught up in one until after you've caught it.
This sounds like somehthing my grandfather used to say "The most important word in dating is 'Next'".
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 01:43:49 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 2 [3]