Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Ebentijenta: Masterwork Kobold Community Camp (Be 'Bold!)  (Read 12130 times)

Nyalathoteps_Cousin

• Bay Watcher
  • I wish I'd spelled my name correctly...
    • View Profile
Re: Ebentijenta: Masterwork Kobold Community Camp (Come Claim a Kobold!)
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2013, 04:35:42 pm »

@Meph: Maybe it could give combat skill boosts at a higher rate than normal training?
Every time you post an update I am sad because the timer on when another update will be made is reset.

Goddamnit its like crack and I've been injecting it straight into my eyeballs.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2013, 05:29:50 pm »

Hehe, bring a kobold into the fighting pit, 50% to dies, 50% chance to get 5 points in combat skills. That sounds like it would fit nicely into the theme.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nyalathoteps_Cousin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2013, 05:50:43 pm »

Hehe, bring a kobold into the fighting pit, 50% to dies, 50% chance to get 5 points in combat skills. That sounds like it would fit nicely into the theme.

I'm not above a bit of a gamble.
Every time you post an update I am sad because the timer on when another update will be made is reset.

GatorFace

• Bay Watcher
  • A face fit for a reptile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2013, 08:36:51 pm »

And sure thing!  I'll add you to the migrant list!  Any gender preference?

I'll take either gender, though a girl with the name Gatorface is amusing to me and thus preferable.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2013, 10:57:43 pm »

The fear of food running out weighed heavily on the kobolds as they began their first summer in Ebentijenta.  Though the stocks were high for the moment almost all of their meat was from the jack rats they had been slaughtering to get bone weapons.  Thus the task was begun to hunt (and possibly recover the corpse of) the giant badger who had fallen down into the lake far below.  The camp set to work building a grand stairway downward from which to throw bolas at the horrible beast.  Before it was finished though, there was a cry of good news.  Migrants had arrived.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ralnya Chinabjebebi: Wave One, Blowgunbold

Splinter Chabenochinema: Wave One, (Future) Swordsbold
He is married to Janonty Rustlunch who migrated with him to Ebentijenta.

Banante Onaneldabentane: Wave One

GatorFace Ontonohobons: Wave One, Farmer

Obaba Abem: Wave One

The camp had expanded to 12 kobolds, seven of which were actively part of the military.  DeepBlue immediately put BrokenMind in charge of the ranged kobolds who came to call themselves the Wanderers of Heaven.  With this newly created squad the decision was made.  It was time to hunt some badger.

The construction continued down, down, down to the water far below.  Eventually they were there and the combat began.  Kalras and Ralnya arrived first, the shaman stabbing the giant badger while Ralnya completely ignored his newly given equipment and simply began punching it upside the head.

"Ralnya!" shouted Kalras as she stabbed the giant badger in the leg.  "Get blowgun!"  But Ralnya simply let out a laugh and punched the badger in the head hard enough to stun it.  Kalras and Ralnya danced about it on the edge about the river, stabbing and punching until Splinter arrived as well.

The badger attempted to flee up the stairs, but it was caught off from above by Splinter and DeepBlue standing shoulder to shoulder.  From below Ralnya, Kalras, and Brokenmind pushed it forward.  As with all kobold battles, it did not end quickly. 

In the end, Kalras held aloft her spear, snarling out, "This over."  She stabbed down, piercing through the skull and bringing the badger to a slow, gurgling halt.  Through luck, military prowess, or the will of the gods, no kobolds were harmed.

The meat stocks were now slightly more comfortable, but another problem had been found.  Drinks.  Luckily, there was now an expert in matters of plants who could rectify this problem.  GatorFace got to work building a distillery and getting plants.  Zata helped out with the process, though her experience was much more towards cooking than brewing.

A shriek of fear came from north of the camp across the bridge.  Mephistophelia had been at the north wall gathering clay when she found something.  One of the twisted cousins of kobolds had come to the camp, doubtlessly to steal from the hardworking kobolds within.  The call to arm came and the hunt was on.

As the kobolds charged into the night, they found a second thief!  All of the troops would be needed to ensure this threat did not continue.

Unfortunately, Brokenmind, as is her custom, was much more interested in firing potshots at nearby giant flies.  Then something caught her eyes in the shadows.  Another thief stood nearby with teeth bared.  She flung a bola and it slapped around the scum's buttock.  "Fire their butts!" she cried out above the shrieks of terror from kobolds on both sides.  Tin glanced over with confusion on his face, but then lowered his gaze and fired true at a different kobold thief's backside.

Squacking and yelping while clutching it's backside, the thief ran pursued by Kalras and Splinter.  They chased it about the mountain with pointy sticks ready letting out cries of rage.  Somehow it slipped away to snarls and cries of irritation from the chasing hunters.  Next time, Sadin thief of the kobolds.  Next time.

So concludes summer!  Things are going pretty remarkably well.  I'm falling behind a bit in terms of some production I like to get done, but that's to be expected with such a large military population.  Honestly though, I think the military population should help.  Having this many active military kobolds made even fighting the giant badger (who I expected some trouble from) really, really easy.  Also, extra props to Kalras for killing the very first animal!

Along with this update comes the new kobolds available on the front page, the creation of the Achievements and Honors (third post) segment, and an update to the gods.  It appears the migrants brought some more religion!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 11:09:06 pm by CaptainKobold »

Nyalathoteps_Cousin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2013, 03:59:22 am »

Oh wow. My first move as a blowgunner is to punch a GIANT BADGER in the head. This fort is so kobold.

Also, my 'bold likes to eat Lich Meal? Not sure whether to be proud or afraid.

Ravenous Space Kobold

• Bay Watcher
  • May all fall to the glory of the kiwi bird!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2013, 05:52:07 am »

Those military kobolds killed a giant badger without any deaths!
I thought they would die quickly, but it seems I underestimated them!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2013, 09:03:28 am »

but another problem had been found.  Drinks.
Kobolds are not alchohol dependant... they dont need alcohol to get through the working day.

Lich meal is like flour, its made from lich fingers, a plant the drow trade.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tinsplint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2013, 10:28:14 am »

While I am using a Bola (was actually expecting to be lumped in with the melee) I am very proud of the fact that little Tin didn't miss. This obsession with butts though requires further investigation.

GatorFace

• Bay Watcher
  • A face fit for a reptile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2013, 11:01:21 am »

So, Gatorface and Splinter are almost exactly the same in terms of personality and are married. Interesting.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2013, 10:12:28 pm »

@Nyalathoteps, Yeah, I'm not really sure why you didn't equip some kind of a weapon.  I had told you to equip a blowgun and had made sure there were blowgun darts available.  I'd categorize that as proud.  I'm kind of tempted to go through and bold the awesome things about each of the kobolds.

@Ravenous, I was absolutely shocked to be honest.  My intention had been to attack from higher than the badger could get to, but I had my understanding of water levels wrong.  It just hopped up and started trying to fight!

@Meph, I know they don't need alcohol, but I haven't gotten around to making a well yet.  I've been a little crazy just trying to get all oriented with the game again.  For now the liquid stores are back up though!

@Tin, Oh!  Would you prefer to be a melee bold?  I could certainly switch you over!  Yeah, it was an odd little spanking for the attempted thieves...

@GatorFace, I do constantly wonder about the marriage engine.  I'm just hoping some little kobold pups come around so that a year from now we have essentially a free migrant wave.  And any couple who produces an heir will get a family house!  Hopefully soon we will have a little town!

This season I'm putting some time toward defense (Mephistophelia will be quite busy with that) but am looking for other suggested projects!

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2013, 01:54:36 am »

Great write-up! Could I sign up as an overseer and be 'bolded as Goat (bone carver or something shamanic)? 
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Nyalathoteps_Cousin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2013, 02:53:20 am »

Projects, huh?

Are Bone Blocks a thing? If they aren't can they be modded in? We need giant bone totems for our shamans to meditate under.

Tinsplint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2013, 09:38:32 am »

Sure  ;) Pointy stick bold was my original thought for tin. That said if you like more ranged you can keep him ranged, Tin would fill whatever roll he thought the group needed most before he did what he preferred. I guess next time we'll have to spank harder  :P

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2013, 11:00:55 am »

Oooh I do love Kobolds :D is Obaba Abem still available? If so, I'd like to claim her, and name her Shiny Cog. I'd like her to be the equivalent of a broker and a manager. I don't know how many people will listen to her, but Shiny Cog's goal will be the shinification of the camp. We need colours! Shiny metals! Pretty gems!! More, more!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8