Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Ebentijenta: Masterwork Kobold Community Camp (Be 'Bold!)  (Read 12131 times)

Tinsplint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ebentijenta: Masterwork Kobold Community Camp (Come Claim a Kobold!)
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2013, 08:31:14 pm »

I like both ideas: I would make the plateau inaccessible first, and then make holes to hide in at a later point.

GatorFace

• Bay Watcher
  • A face fit for a reptile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2013, 08:52:13 pm »

I am partial to the idea of an above-ground clay tunnel system for plateau access, myself. It's like having the underground on the surface! :)

Also, I would not mind getting 'bolded as a gatherer/farmer of some type.

DeepBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2013, 09:49:59 am »

I like both ideas: I would make the plateau inaccessible first, and then make holes to hide in at a later point.
I'm with the awkward berry-giver  ;)

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2013, 11:26:24 am »

Ebabim and Tin would suit me, if Tin is not claimed I'd prefer him.

Maverick would be the name.

Tinsplint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2013, 01:41:48 pm »

I'm with the awkward berry-giver  ;)
Who probably doesn't even realize you're interested yet   ;D The Nervous wreck with poor empathy with a nervous wreck that tends not to openly express emotions, it's an interesting combination to say the least, they're very similar. I was going to write something on this but I'm finding it very hard to get in character  :P

Beenoc

• Bay Watcher
  • To live, one must first be born.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2013, 03:49:48 pm »

PTW, I'll claim a 'bold when the next wave comes and I see what I have to choose from.
This is a dwarf. It is decorated with dwarfiness and menaces with spikes of Brit. Engraved on the dwarf is an image of a dwarf digging a hole. This relates to the digging of a hole by Honeydew the dwarf in 2011.

I was the deceased vessel through which dark magick was done and Necrothreat III was created from the ruins of my old forum posts: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118805.0

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2013, 09:49:53 pm »

@Splint, That is quite true!  It's always nice to have two backup plans, especially given that Masterwork has many things I'm unfamiliar with.  Also, I believe this is my first time in a Joyous Wilds so there's extra stuff I don't know the strength of!  Oh, and Splint should be a male?

@Ravenous, Thank you very much!  Hopefully I'll be getting a post out tonight or tomorrow (early).

@Tinsplint, Making the plateau inaccessible is definitely something that could be extremely helpful.  I guess the question in this case would be whether bridges are too-high-tech for kobolds.  Perhaps I'll run a quick poll.

@GatorFace, Hmm... that could be very interesting, plenty of traps and areas kobolds could shoot through.  And sure thing!  I'll add you to the migrant list!  Any gender preference?

@DeepBlue, Yeah you are! 

@Mav96, Tin is actually Tinsplint here, but I'll set you up as Ebabim and update the post!

@Tinsplint & DeepBlue, I don't know if it's somehow involved with life-span coding, but I feel as though my kobolds always fall in love WAY earlier than my dwarves do.  The way I figure in terms of personality is just kind of go with something if you feel like writing and then I'll pick it up!  I like to occasionally grab something from their sheet, but other characterization comes first for me.

@Beenoc, Sure!  I'll maybe send you a message when I'm the migrants show to let you know selection should happen!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 09:51:49 pm by CaptainKobold »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2013, 12:54:41 am »

I care not which I am genderwise.

On bridges: Given the crazy weapon traps they can make I'm sure simple bridges are within the bounds of kobold intelligence.

Nyalathoteps_Cousin

• Bay Watcher
  • I wish I'd spelled my name correctly...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2013, 01:55:37 am »

What the heck, put me down on the waiting list as Ralnya (koboldish enough?). Doesn't matter what profession or gender so long as they get put in the military.
Every time you post an update I am sad because the timer on when another update will be made is reset.

Goddamnit its like crack and I've been injecting it straight into my eyeballs.

Tinsplint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2013, 10:27:34 am »

I don't think they're really too high tech. After all, if it wasn't for the whole mechanism/lever requirement a raised bridge could be something as simple as a few Bolds pulling on ropes to raise it then tying it off. If you don't want to go the bridge route I would suggest getting some trap spiders, limiting access to the plateau, and then trapping the access points heavily.

If you go that route tin would probably invest in some sort of simple fighting pit for those who want to be blooded against the beasties. Not that I think many Bolds would volunteer but a group might be coerced into doing it.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2013, 10:29:11 am »

Yeah, A bridge in the way dwarf Fortress presents it could end up just being a fallen tree, raised up by ropes.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2013, 12:31:52 pm »

@Splint, Sounds good! We just got a migrant wave so you'll be int he next update which should be coming out late tonight!

@NyalathotepsCousin, Sure thing!  Pretty much anything is koboldish enough to my mind.  I'll get you a military bold!

@Tin, That is quite true.  And kobolds are able to make mechanisms, so there's not a whole lot of reason not to.  I'll just ensure that the lever is placed right next to the bridge for realism's sake.  Of course, that also makes pulling up the drawbridge an amazing terrifying heroic endeavor, but that's life, I suppose.  Whenever the merchants come about I'll look into trap spiders, though I'll have to decide how to set it up so it doesn't ruin productivity.  I always like the idea of a gladiator pit, especially if we can give it some kind of a religious connotation.  Perhaps it can also be a temple to Chonans Ampsobinchimpsa, Goddess of Lust, Depravity, and Games. 

@Oreosome, Should probably keep it a thin amazingly scary bridge then!

Tinsplint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2013, 01:15:39 pm »

@CaptainKobold As it should be, despite how ineffective it can be I like adding a little flavor to things with stuff like that. As for traps without limiting productivity; have to think on it some more. The solutions I'm coming up with right now seem more like Human solutions than Kobold ones.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2013, 01:20:36 pm »

I can do a gladiator pit as a workshop, I do have the colosseum in dwarf mode. But I dont really know why kobolds would fight each other/other monsters... I wouldnt know what kind of reward/reaction the gladiator pit should have. And I probably wouldnt call if "gladiator something" because kobolds+gladiators is something that just sounds weird. Fighters pit, Kobold Arena, Rancor Cave Pit ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tinsplint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2013, 02:58:23 pm »

@Meph: Blooding grounds, Proving grounds etc. While most Kobolds wouldn't fight each other or monsters there are those that learn to thrive on combat. Could give them a temporary fearless tag? Have some fun with it and give a random chance for the Bolds that come out of it go berserk from the fear and being forced to fight in there. That second one would probably need more input, I tend to like double edged swords myself but some find them very tedious.
As far as the traps goes, I believe that air sign Kobolds can't be snared by webs, I do believe that means that they can clean the traps that aren't currently in use if needed. Of course that would mean you would also need to be able to limit who can access the traps at any given point.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8