Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Ebentijenta: Masterwork Kobold Community Camp (Be 'Bold!)  (Read 12124 times)

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ebentijenta: Masterwork Kobold Community Camp (Come Claim a Kobold!)
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2013, 05:05:59 am »

I will take Bonini, call him brokenmind.

Lets see how many months he survives.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 01:23:23 pm »

@Tinsplint: You got it!  Tin, by the way, has a badass goblin tattoo.

@DeepBlue: Done!  She may be nervous, but she KNOWS she is nervous.

@Broken: Absolutely!  What would you like Brokenmind to do?

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 02:55:12 pm »

A ranged fighter, please. Use the weapon you think fits better.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 08:52:25 pm »

You got it!  Always nice to have a ranged fighter in the crew!  Helps with winged creatures.

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2013, 09:55:27 am »

Bold me friends. I'd prefer a male melee bold with decent atts.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 11:55:40 am »

We've got the male kobold on the front page if you're interested in him!  Otherwise, I can put your name on a list to save for the first migrant wave!

In actual posting-news, I'm playing now and expect to get a post up today!  It's length will depend upon exactly how much I get to play rather than trying to chunk it into seasons like previous runs I've done.

Also, the third post is now updated with information on the gods of Ebentijenta.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:18:52 pm by CaptainKobold »

DeepBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2013, 01:51:44 pm »

That's a pretty angry sea-goddess! Maybe we should make a pond and pretend it's the ocean so she doesn't send any vampbolds our way.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 01:56:05 pm »

For months the shamans of The Father of Shanks prayed and sought signs for where they might build the next grand kobold tribe.  Fear gripped the hearts of the kobolds, fear that the gods had abandoned them.  But then there came a prophecy from Shinto Spraysnaked himself of a fertile land of rivers and mountains with a perfect island of smooth, good land between two rivers.

Tin lead his crew in search of this island between rivers until through the blue grasses of the mountains on which they climbed they saw it.  The future home of Ebentijenta.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Immediately the kobolds set to work building the things they would need.  Trees were immediately chopped down and a butchery, tannery, carpenter's workshop, leather worker's shop, craftsbold's shop, and bone chippery were set up.  Four of the fifteen jack rats were quickly sacrificed with prayers to Shinto for leading them in his wisdom to this wondrous land.

“DeepBlue!” yapped Tin with a wave of his paw.  The spearbold dropped the wood she was carrying and came over curiously to where Tin was standing with a little gathering of sunshine berries.  “Good land,” he pointed out nervously kicking at the ground.  DeepBlue nodded in agreement and reached out to the berries asking, “What plant for?”  Tin scratched at his tattoo for a moment, breathed in deeply, and pushed the berries into DeepBlue's hands while babbling out, “DeepBlue-hunt-leader-wear-berries-at-ear.”  He then promptly gave a strict salute and scampered off to get back to work leaving DeepBlue smiling at her berries.

Though the camp was young it was now ceaselessly in motion.  Kalras crafted the bones from the fallen jack rabbits into two bolas throwers and two pointy spears, though she lamented leaving behind her machete.  Tin moved about the camp fastidiously keeping some distance between himself and DeepBlue after the awkward encounter he'd had previously.  When Ebabim the carpenter found him standing at the edge of their plateau staring out at a cliffside some twenty feet away he asked, “Tin?  Tin think?”  Tin shook his head quickly and scowled, “Tin plan.  Tin plan clay.”  Pointing across he gestured to the massive wall of clay, perfect for a growing kobold camp.

After a long moment of considering Ebabim nodded and clapped Tin on the shoulder.  “Ebabim bridge,” he explained seriously before going off to grab a couple of planks of wood.  Unfortunately, the wood wasn't quite long enough to pass the gap.  He frowned and grumbled out, “Ebabim bridge more.”  Construction began on a bridge to make the process of gathering outside resources easier.  Then came a mighty roar from across the bridge.  It seemed that across from the plateau things were not so peaceful and safe.  A giant badger boar glared at the construction.

In time the badger left and Ebabim returned to work building the massive bridge across to the huge, red clay wall.  The moment it was done the kobold camp set to work gathering clay and soon they were able to build a sleeping den before getting to building their dining hall.  Ever watchful over the needs of the gods, Kalras set up totems honoring them next to the bridge.

Spring faded into summer and the building of the walls for the dining hall were nearly built.  The entire tribe was dedicated to the building building up the clay as best as they could.  Though it certainly wasn't the prettiest kobold building ever made, it would hold and be a buffer against the sun.

“Hunt soon,” suggested Mephistophelia as she worked at building mechanisms for traps, her own personal specialty.  Brokenmind nodded at this with a frown on her face.  “Hunt big,” she muttered with a shake of her head peering over the gap at the giant badgers still milling about, “Smaller hunt better.”  Mephistophelia nodded at this and then offered a weak smile, “Smaller hunt better.  No food worse.”

Yeah, she's really not exceptionally pleasant!  We've got an interesting situation going on right now where there's a giant badger that I believe is stuck in the water (or too stupid to get out?) and I think it's preventing the animals from cycling through.  There's going to need to be something done to try to fix that, but it'll certainly not be safe!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 02:29:51 pm by CaptainKobold »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2013, 02:18:27 pm »

It probably can move because of the current and it's alternating between drowning and being on dry land.

Also wish I had seen this sooner. May i request once more duty as a humble swordbold named Splinter?

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2013, 02:33:02 pm »

Oooh, that could very well be.  I'll see if I can take care of it during the summer.  For a while I thought some water snakes were going to kill it, but now they are leaving it alone.

Absolutely, Splint!  We should have some migrants soon and then we'll get you all set up!  Splinter will likely have to start using something other than a sword though as machetes are rather difficult to make early game.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2013, 02:58:57 pm »

So gimmie a sword-shaped stick in the meantime so you won't have to retrain me. :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2013, 03:10:31 pm »

unless wells can be built that high above the water source.
Yes, but the bucket has to be lowers and brought up all the way. It takes longer os just make more wells.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 04:22:42 pm »

@Splint, I'll see what I can do!  Maybe I can even trade for a machete sometime soon...

@Meph, Seriously?  I had no idea it could be built that high!  I'll get a couple of those made and our water needs should be pretty well met on a more or less permanent basis.

I'm also trying to decide whether we should go with a setup where the plateau becomes inaccessible as an emergency plan or a setup where the kobolds go to hide underground.  Obviously the underground area would be somewhat simple in this case.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2013, 04:57:17 pm »

Could do both if time and supply permits.

Ravenous Space Kobold

• Bay Watcher
  • May all fall to the glory of the kiwi bird!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2013, 07:38:23 pm »

Can't wait to see what happens next!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8