Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 45

Author Topic: Dominions 3 Round 14- Interdimensional Madness! (Game Over. Everybody Died))  (Read 56565 times)

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 Round 14- Interdimensional Madness! (Game in Progress)
« Reply #585 on: August 26, 2013, 08:37:16 pm »

Did you see the battle of Donnermark? The first decisive loss for either side, with me on the losing end.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 26, 2013, 09:35:51 pm »

It was but a tactical victory, and not a crushing one at that. Whether or not it'll translate into any operational gains remains to be seen.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 27, 2013, 03:01:33 pm »

So says the evil villain that will evil villain his way to victory. I lost a good 100 gems in one of those ember lords! Granted he is only one of a number of SCs, but I don't see where I killed anything of great value of yours in return. And my precious vastness is gone like the wind. I expect the war will take a heavy toll on Machaka, but a heavier one on R'lyeh. Operation Kill Palazzo can't be too far off. That is where three super powers gang up on the most powerful nation until it's cut down to size, and this process is repeated forever, until Ermor comes back and wins.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 27, 2013, 03:53:27 pm »

Man, that vastness took heavy toll on 5mr(9 with antimagic) spiders.
On the other hand, the webbing held it in place until it was shot down by longdead archers. They had only 13mr total, and scored a few good shots without triggering blood vengeance. Either 13mr is enough to resist the effect on a semi-regular basis, or it's simply the case of reflected banefire damage not affecting the undead. In the latter case, the little buggers would appear to be a very cost-efficient solution to the age-old vastness problem.

Anyway, that battle went much better than I had expected. Turns out a single(!) 190gp Sorcerer+Skull Staff is enough to kill a tarted up Ember Lord. All he did was cast Bane Fire three times. Too bad he switched to skelly spam once he completed his script, or he just might have offed the other one as well.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 27, 2013, 04:11:08 pm »

Machakan Spider Silk: Strong enough to hold even interdimensional horrors!
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 27, 2013, 04:11:51 pm »

It got distracted by the pretty patterns.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 27, 2013, 04:14:21 pm »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure bane fire is going to be my undoing. Those ember lords have pretty good MR, defense, protection, and HP yet three casts and poof. If a script is set to target monsters, do you know whether abominations are targeted at the same rate as ember lords or other large commanders? I would much rather bane fire hit those. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 27, 2013, 04:23:26 pm »

Usually, they're targeted by strongest HP. That's why lots of people bring siege golems against blood nations that have infernal prison/claws of cocytos.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 27, 2013, 04:28:15 pm »

I don't know how the spell targetting works. I'd assume closeness had something to do with it? The first banefire landed on the othernesses, irrc. Then the Ember Lord conveniently landed a few paces from the Sorcerer, and somehow got his attention. Unless he was the target all along, and the first shot was simply a wide miss.

Usually, they're targeted by strongest HP. That's why lots of people bring siege golems against blood nations that have infernal prison/claws of cocytos.
Then, the abomination ought to be the target. And it wasn't.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 27, 2013, 04:50:23 pm »

HP is one of the factors for sure, since the AI doesn't throw around single target spells willy-nilly. Range is also a factor, as you said Palazzo.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 27, 2013, 05:01:30 pm »

Is there some comprehensive breakdown of the factors somewhere, Mrhappyface? I'd love to have a glance before Kebooo uses it against me.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 27, 2013, 05:04:36 pm »

I'd love to have a glance before Palazzo has a glance.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 27, 2013, 07:54:17 pm »

It seems to be based upon HP from what I got from the Invision forums. Now that I'm rewatching the battle, the abomination was beyond the sorceror's casting range for Banefire. Since the Ember Lord was the closest big dude, it got targeted.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 27, 2013, 08:19:50 pm »

Ok, so no more ember lords flying in behind the lines! They will march behind their abomination body guards.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 28, 2013, 07:10:34 am »

Whoops, I didn't mean for that ember lord to have a spell casting script. I also didn't expect an attack on Flamma Gate just yet. PALAZZO IS UNCONTROLLED AND TAKING OVER
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 45