Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 45

Author Topic: Dominions 3 Round 14- Interdimensional Madness! (Game Over. Everybody Died))  (Read 56494 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Dominions 3 Round 14- Interdimensional Madness! (Game in Progress)
« Reply #405 on: August 02, 2013, 06:21:18 pm »

I don't know if I can win but I can certainly persist. I have fallen into the playstyle I use in Magic the Gathering. I live, I live and am a wall. You may kill me but it won't ever be easy. You may kill me but it won't ever be short. You may kill me but I will take my own pound of flesh from you. You may kill me but I will do the unexpected and surprise you. I don't lie in diplomacy, I don't really know how to go from being in second place to winning. In the end though I know how to survive. In MtG if its more then 1v1 I will generally end up being in second place because I am just too hard to kill when there is someone else to worry about. I am somewhat disappointed in you, Alkhemia, for I don't see why you would want to attack me as you probably have easier targets. Oh and Mrhappyface, I spent maybe a few percentiles of my mage power on you so far. My capital might be able to stand against a sieging army on just mages repairing the walls.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 02, 2013, 06:33:09 pm »

Well...I wonder who will win? Your ancient chinese secrets or the combined powers of Terminator, Predator, and Kindergarten Cop!
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #407 on: August 02, 2013, 07:03:46 pm »

Well I don't know what your trying to do there but I think your not my biggest threat.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 02, 2013, 07:43:38 pm »

So what happens if 3+ civ are in the same providence?

Say Ulm and me attack Akhier capital at the same time.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 02, 2013, 07:50:54 pm »

So what happens if 3+ civ are in the same providence?

Say Ulm and me attack Akhier capital at the same time.
You end up with two battles, whom vs whom seems to be determined randomly, until there's just one left standing. Pretty much the same what happens during arena championships.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 02, 2013, 07:55:48 pm »

Then your army will probably get wiped out by Terminator or Commando. But I don't want that, since it'll be a pain in the butt to deal with the political fallout.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #411 on: August 02, 2013, 08:12:32 pm »

I like how you assume you will be able to just take my capital like that. Your taking my outer provinces which I basically gave to you. Alkhemia probably can take it after one or two sieges but I don't know if you can crack it quite that easily. Like I said, my mages alone may be able to repair the walls faster then you can take it down.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 02, 2013, 08:16:55 pm »

I never said I'd take your provinces. Just wipe out anyone who goes outdoors. Siege engineers are pretty handy though.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #413 on: August 02, 2013, 08:25:56 pm »

Huh, that might work...

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 02, 2013, 08:39:14 pm »

I do apologize for consistently getting my turns out last, or near to last. Between my job and the micromanagement it takes some time.

How I miss the logistical morass that was EoFS...

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 02, 2013, 08:47:57 pm »

Ouch.  :o
That certainly was a painful battle, Tien Chi.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 02, 2013, 09:10:32 pm »

There we go now I can see stuff now to find poor Ashdod.

Extra:huh you are really hard to find the AI is still alive as well and there are some indi stuff in the top right
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 09:22:31 pm by Alkhemia »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #417 on: August 02, 2013, 09:16:53 pm »

Ouch.  :o
That certainly was a painful battle, Tien Chi.
   Yeah, you took three units I did not really want to lose. Also how well would you say I did in that fight? I have never really been this far into a game. I know the front line of water mages did not work out that well with your iron blizzard spell eviscerating them but the back line was not as bad as I thought it would go. This was actually my first time using a communion as well so what was your opinion of my use of that?

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 02, 2013, 09:21:53 pm »

While the cold protection blessings I had came into effect, your cold attacks were still rather painful to endure. Iron blizzards/darts did a good job, but still. That surprise Doom at the end had me smiling. A rather nice farewell present.  :)
If I did bring in one of my SCs though, it might have ended much faster and much more in my favor.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 09:23:40 pm by Mrhappyface »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 02, 2013, 09:28:12 pm »

Oh I see Ashdod is dead  :'( Rest in Peace
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 01:13:23 am by Alkhemia »

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 45