Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 45

Author Topic: Dominions 3 Round 14- Interdimensional Madness! (Game Over. Everybody Died))  (Read 56530 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 Round 14- Interdimensional Madness! (Game in Progress)
« Reply #465 on: August 09, 2013, 07:36:34 pm »

Well I'm back home for what it's worth.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 09, 2013, 07:38:31 pm »

Welcome back!

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 09, 2013, 08:24:58 pm »

So I was wrong, this isn't the Cold War, it's WW1! Darn you Allies and your horrible Afro-Franco-and er...Squido alliance!
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 09, 2013, 09:38:01 pm »

Thanks for welcoming me back!

Anyway,
I've got some fight in me left but this game is definitely a loss.  Still it could be worse for my 3rd dom3 multiplayer game (excluding sub rounds) and assuming round 12 doesn't peter out, I might have a chance at winning that with my huge Ulmish armies.

Also many lessons have been learned this game.  Aggressive behavior is generally rewarded and I turtle too much.  Mass battle spells are more important than plain evocation like I generally employ.  Communions are great but not if you can't get them to go off right before losing the mages casting the big spells.  Don't mind hunt with your pretender unless it has immortality (even if it has really high astral)
Sure thing peanut man!

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 10, 2013, 12:19:04 am »

Darn, looks like another victory for Pillazo.
I damn you all! I brought you gifts from my forge yet you repay me with vengeance! Trust not in your crude fetishes of spiders, or your alien knowledge of stars, or the fiery evangelizing of your false priests! May your spears and snap and may your swords rust! May your shields be broken and your armor sundered! May your cauldrons crack and your pots leak!For Ulmish steel will triumph, if not in life then in death!  I curse this world and its sundered planes with holy revengeance!
BEWARE THOSE WITH THE MEMORIES OF ICE.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:37:06 am by Mrhappyface »
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 10, 2013, 06:18:11 am »

Don't mind hunt with your pretender unless it has immortality (even if it has really high astral)
You must have missed that sage I had teleported in that battle together with John Holmes' trolls. Mind hunting where a 3 Astral mage is present is a certain ticket to the madhouse.

Darn, looks like another victory for Pillazo.
Pillazo tinkz u giwe up t00 eays.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 10, 2013, 09:08:00 am »

I'd say about a 98% chance of a Palazzo victory. But Palazzo's path to victory allows me to have a bigger empire and more experimentation, so it seems preferable to a Mrhappyface path to victory. I can, of course, always be bought, but it would be a steep price indeed. If I had attacked Palazzo with Ulm, then that might have given 98% chance of Mrhappyface victory. It's not the best position to have to act as a spoiler between two superpowers.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #472 on: August 10, 2013, 10:41:27 am »

Well bad luck guys. My computer blew its power supply so 2 to 6 business days till a new one. It should arrive early next week but until that happens I won't be able to do much of anything as the computer I am using to post this doesn't have Dom3 on it. If people don't mind I would like a postponement till I can get my computer back up on its legs.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 10, 2013, 11:49:01 am »

Well bad luck guys. My computer blew its power supply so 2 to 6 business days till a new one. It should arrive early next week but until that happens I won't be able to do much of anything as the computer I am using to post this doesn't have Dom3 on it. If people don't mind I would like a postponement till I can get my computer back up on its legs.
I certainly wouldn't mind. My usual hour long turn has turned into two hours two due certain developments.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 10, 2013, 11:59:41 am »

That fine I've been busy with TI3 so i've been distracted.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 10, 2013, 12:37:04 pm »

I have no problem with that.
Sure thing peanut man!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 10, 2013, 01:52:06 pm »

I'll postpone the turn shortly.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 10, 2013, 10:50:30 pm »

So how many troops does the Bottomless Soup Pot supply to your troops I made 2 of them for my army but I'm not sure if t enough for a army of 500.
found it + 100 supply

So let see who is lucky on are next turn.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 11:01:08 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 13, 2013, 01:03:10 pm »

Um, is Alkhemia back yet? It says the game is starting again in 12 hours.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 13, 2013, 01:07:25 pm »

We're waiting for Akhier here. In another thread he said his computer is still out of order, so I suppose the situation calls for another extension.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 45