Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 45

Author Topic: Dominions 3 Round 14- Interdimensional Madness! (Game Over. Everybody Died))  (Read 56474 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 Round 14- Interdimensional Madness! (Game in Progress)
« Reply #375 on: July 29, 2013, 11:53:03 pm »

Ermor should cast Burden of Time or Utterdark that would be pretty cool.
Sure, just send me some gems for it ;D
I only have like 50 or so I need them to pump out Shuras and Horror Helms I wish I could find a site or 2 for astral pearls right now I'm stuck turning all my nature gems into them.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #376 on: July 30, 2013, 12:21:57 am »

So I have to ask. Why wavebreaker? I don't think my single sea provinces requires even that much to conquer. I must admit it is basically pointless at this time as I managed to dip my toes into the water just in time for all the water in the area to be taken.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 30, 2013, 01:47:32 am »

So I have to ask. Why wavebreaker? I don't think my single sea provinces requires even that much to conquer. I must admit it is basically pointless at this time as I managed to dip my toes into the water just in time for all the water in the area to be taken.
No idea I was just following the guide
Just stick them with a few magic items, like a Wavebreaker, Horror Helmet, Chainmail of Displacement, Winged Shoes, Anti-Magic Amulet, and Luck Pendant, and watch them go.

maybe I should just go with a bane blade or something
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 03:15:40 am by Alkhemia »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 30, 2013, 08:42:38 am »

Oh look, Rl'yeh is at the gates.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 30, 2013, 09:08:14 am »

You built the tower of Babel in my back yard and the charade had to end.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 30, 2013, 09:12:01 am »

Edit: So how easy is it to stop the big spells like Eye of God or Arcane Nexus I've only mess with Mother Oak and stuff vs AI and they don't really do anything about it
Basically, if you spend as many extra gems(above the base price) casting dispel as was put in casting the target ritual, then you have 50% chance of success.
Say, somebody casts, oh I don't know, Forge of the Ancients maybe. FotA costs 80 earth gems to cast. If the caster has put a total of 100 gems(extra 20) into the spell, then casting dispel with 45(+20 over base) gives you 50% chance of success. Each path level the caster has above the base requirement counts as extra 5 gems put into the spell.
All rituals, I think, are more expensive than dispel, so it's always easier to remove the ritual than it is to cast it. At least in principle.

I don't remember what is the gem difference that grants 100%* success chance. This information should be buried somewhere on the wiki or in the manual.

*iirc, there's also an open-ended die roll added to both the ritual and the dispel strength calculations, so there's always a bit of uncertainty there.

:o Large friendly casualties are expected when playing Ermor but that was impressive.
Cheers. We're just getting started. :P

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 30, 2013, 10:25:50 am »

And some just work right away right?
Say you use Eye of God then someone casts Fate of Oedipus then you just wasted a bunch of stuff for nothing right?
Kinda seems like most of the big stuff are just a waste of gems.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 30, 2013, 10:37:03 am »

And some just work right away right?
Say you use Eye of God then someone casts Fate of Oedipus then you just wasted a bunch of stuff for nothing right?
Kinda seems like most of the big stuff are just a waste of gems.
Well, it takes a turn to notice the global and then counter it, so in some cases it might be worth casting even for one turn(like with the Forge). With other spells, it's a question of whether or not you care all that much. Would you waste 75 fire gems(fate of Oedipus cost) to remove a spell that while useful, is not a game breaker?
With Utterdark etc., most of the players will usually pool their gems to dispel it, so unless there's a huge amount of extra gems put into it, one shouldn't expect it to last.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 30, 2013, 10:43:45 am »

So they are mostly just for fun and to let's say flex your power since if you can cast the big stuff you must have the power to back it up.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 11:57:13 am by Alkhemia »

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 30, 2013, 11:48:47 am »

It seems like my commanders are going out of their way to find new and exciting ways to get horror marked.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 30, 2013, 07:46:42 pm »

So many attacks was pretty cool I think all of the attacks on me failed though you did kill one of my Shura :( I'll have to make more this time.

Edit: Ulm that Iron Angel pretty sweet  :o
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 07:52:13 pm by Alkhemia »

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 30, 2013, 08:16:28 pm »

Oh, you'll be seeing more of them.  8)
Edit: Well not you, in particular Japan. I like your animes and sushi.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 30, 2013, 08:52:45 pm »

hmm no one is this game is messing with blood magic I would assume well maybe the zombie. 

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 30, 2013, 09:12:25 pm »

Blood magic is a harsh mistress  that demands payment up front and still won't let you lick her boots.

...what I'm trying to say is that unless your nation is pretty blood dependent it's not worth getting into. Also a real pain to find indie blood mages. LA Marignon I hear is a fantastic blood nation and I have yet to really try it.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 30, 2013, 09:18:26 pm »

Well Amazons are pretty good blood mages. They have random paths, so they don't require a lab.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 45