Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: The Banners of Heart: ☼Masterwork the Fortress☼  (Read 34129 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: The Banners of Heart: ☼Masterwork the Fortress☼
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2013, 09:35:52 am »

ajr, ILBane, Gamerlord:  added you to the turn list in post #2 :)

Navatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2013, 08:05:59 pm »

Its a succession fort... so a well planned and designed fortress it is not. It will be even worse after I finish...

Close to a 100 dwarves and a barely equipped militia, no military training ground... should be fun. Should be able to get it done by the weekend.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2013, 09:07:59 pm »

Updated first post.  8)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Navatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2013, 09:17:49 pm »

Journal of Navatar, Captain of the Guard

Early Spring, 45

I am Navatar the First, Legionnaire and newly promoted Captain of the Guard of Masterwork the Fortress. I am the first to have undergone the rigorous training to become a legionnaire in the newly built military academy and have been set the task of bringing this Fortress into military shape.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Firstly, supplies.  1000+ units of booze, 1000+ units of food: Check.

Secondly, equipment: Fail.

Quality Weapons –
5 bloody battle axes, I really don’t want to know how we got those, but nice to have in the armoury.  2 steel battle axes
Quality Armor –
30 steel breastplates, 5 steel mail shirts
1 bloody helm of Armok, 3 steel helms
Only iron greaves, gauntlets and boots
1 bloody shield of Armok, some iron shields.

Well, that’s a dismal failure. Time to put the lazy smiths to work and smelt all the ore to make steel. We are in desperate need of equipment to equip the lads.

Late Spring, 45

Work progresses on the previous overseers many projects. Perhaps a quarter of the rooms he carved out have been furnished and work is ongoing on the sealing the cavern project. A cave crocodile disturbed the masons, forcing the squads to be sent in to guard the scared little fools.

Elves have turned up to trade, and shortly after one of our squaddies is ambushed by a sizable force of goblin bowthings.  The Axedorf takes one look at the opposing lasher and turns tail and runs back into the gate which is promptly shut to allow the rest of the squads to assemble.

The battle is bloody, but we drive off the ambush leaving 17 dead goblins and 3 in the cages.

Summer, 45

Nothing much to report, the furnishing project continues, the cavern has been completely sealed. Guild training progresses with the fort now hosting 36 fully trained guild members of our 129 adult population.

I still haven’t figured out where people are storing things, but things seem to be kinda working.

More squads are forming, I now lead a squad of legionaires, while Meph’s squad has become guardsmen. With gold running low, the marksdwarves and the javelin tossers might have to wait for academy training until another vein can be found and more coins smelted.

Late Summer, 45

The Hill Titan Deer Stonewood has come. A mud web slinging humanoid. The civilians fled inside and the squads assembled. Trembling in fear they faced the great beast, who in an anti-climactic fashion proceeded to spew webs all over the entryway and bite one of the lads on the helmet repeatedly. The annoyance lasted a minute before one of the lads cut of his mandibles with his dagger and stabbed him in the eye.

Obviously not fearing the titan, the diminutive gnomes turned up and brought with them an invasion force of a dozen orc bowmen. Letting the gnomes inside I order the fort sealed up so we can clean up the mess by the last invader. Ready to face the orcs, the bridge is dropped yet the orcs do not take the bait, instead content to sit around a fire trading stories.

Taking the battle to them, the new recruits do not perform too well. Two of them fall to the volleys of the orcs arrows before battle is joined and the orcs are driven off, leaving two dead orcs. Two dorfs dead, two orcs dead – not a very good performance.

Navatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2013, 11:38:12 am »

Autumn, 45

A rather uneventful season, dwarves came to trade and some of our thieving cousins decided we were easy pickings. The roving band of a dozen plus thieving dwarves managed to kill 2 of the dwarves outside before the squads were assembled and they were killed or driven off. We lost another pair of recruits in the engagement, killing 7 of their number in return. I feel we are getting a little better at this whole combat thing, but our loses are still too high and our equipment not the greatest.

Winter, 45

Well the horde of unicorns the previous overseer ordered seem to be doing their job, which seems to be of standing about staring at me with their funny little horns. Traded with the boys from the mountainhome, they didn’t bring too much of interest but I did buy all their cages of little sprites, changlings and toolkits. I really aught to figure out what they are for…

Late Winter, 45

To date it has been an uneventful season. Work progresses completing the half-finished tasks of the last overseer and trying to organise the forges. The Great Magma Forge is continually in use now, with the metallurgist continually producing mithril from silver and steel and the crucibles melting the concrete blocks into slade and obsidian.  Yet it doesn’t seem to matter how many slag pits are built, the slag continues to build up in the workshops, slowing the overall progress. 

Drow traders have arrives, looks like a good opportunity to offload some of the rather heavy concrete and stone bins somebody ordered made by the hundred. As the haulers stagger their way to the depot, Talanic goes mad and rushes off to claim a forge. Orichalcum, zircons, raw glass, shellplate, sapphires, silk, more glass, rock crystal… what the hell is he doing? He has created Hidesound, an Orichalcum Guardianplate Armor, worth some 248400 dwarfbucks.

Ambush, the thieving deep drow bastards are back. The alarm is sounded, but the smith taking a stroll by the great cage traps is quickly run down and gutted like a little piggy. Rallying the troops we grab our kit and make to the front gate at pace to wait for the enemy to charge us. Ink for some reason isn’t content to wait and runs on out the front gate alone at the enemy. Thankfully he is fully clad in steel with a volcanic breastplate and his guardsman training enables him to stay alive until the cavalry arrives. A human thief was caught in our charge, but he lost his head to a backswing of me new axe. My first actual kill!

The battle is a rout, it has taken all year but the squads can finally fight off a single drow squad without loss. Ink got cut up a little, but he took down three drow before the rest of us arrived and killed another 2 before they fled.

The season is now at an end, and with it is my command of this place. It is time to hand the reigns to somebody more willing and capable. I did not really achieve much, merely completed some of the task my predecessor had set. I feel satisfied that I enforced guild training on most of the useful workforce and have instituted a policy of military training for the peasants and using them to replace the numerous losses our squads suffered this year.  Talanic has become a master armorer and is now employed full time at the magma armory to upgrade the volcanic armors produced by the lesser smiths. Soon we will be a force to be reckoned with.

The Save http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7694

Took a little longer then planned, had to take an unexpected trip... But all done now.

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2013, 12:53:12 pm »

Im sorry~ you need to delay me, too.
 I need to go out with family up north, vacation, where there is no internet, im sorry~
EDIT:
Ill be back for #8~9 or so, im sorry... fhak.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:55:37 pm by Gavakis »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2013, 01:39:32 am »

TheMaster, are you up for the turn, since Gavakis is on vacation?

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2013, 11:10:32 pm »

I will try and begin my turn by Friday, I have a busy schedule.

EDIT: Yep, Friday is when I can start.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:19:06 pm by The Master »
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2013, 04:09:47 pm »

beginning my turn now!

EDIT: GOSH DARN IT! I have to delay until saturday now! CURSE YOU COLLAGE!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 04:54:11 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2013, 12:32:26 am »

Yeah, I always hated collages as well. So much work putting all these pictures together... isnt it Saturday today?  ???
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2013, 07:11:34 pm »

AAAAAAAAND, I have no time for the next week thanks to a massive world war II history project. You guys might as well skip me. Sorry about this!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2013, 09:17:32 pm »

I wrote Enisea.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2013, 02:12:13 pm »

Feel free to add me to the bottom of the list, summer vacation will have started for me by then.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

enisea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2013, 06:28:01 am »

My name is Scourge Riftproliferate. I have seen this place rise from a remote volcano in the hills to it's today's glory. I'm the chief miner, I have craved this place from stone and clay, and now I'm in charge.
I'm not really experienced, so I'll try to do something simple. I'll set up some workshops and try to make legendary dwarfs, masterwork furniture and so on.

Granite'46
-- Some sauropods have reverted to a wild state! They are in cages. I am worried about giant drowspiders in the dining room.
-- Bought some new animals from the drow.
Slate'46
Felsite'46
The elves have come! Now we own a firebird.
Is there no lever to close those bridges? We lost our doc and a mechanic to ashlander bowdancers!

Note to self and everyone else: Hate and Crater are not in the jewelers guild because of the female jeweler bug.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 07:40:29 am by enisea »

ajr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2013, 08:03:48 am »

Oh yes! My turn approaches!  Mine own! A Mine of mine!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20