Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Dominions 3 Round 13 - The Unlucky One - NationGen Edition - Il Palazzo Wins!  (Read 21922 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Don't worry Il Palazzo, I am sure you can be peaceful without arms just as fine as you can with though make sure you stop the bleeding after we remove them. Not, mind you, that I can really do anything against you at the moment but its the thought that counts right?
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, toots. Got distracted showing my brother Kerbal Space Program.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Ve vill now Anshluss Maelmar, ja?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, Hoburg province defense is actually good for something.

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile

Well, Hoburgs are both very small and have average attack and above-average defence. It's hard to hit them and, with their sheer numbers, easy for them to hit you. Also Burburg's PD is apparently entirely crossbowmen armed with broadswords, which is hilarious and will murder anything that doesn't have a shield (like Nefurt's hawk cavalry).

Also, for those of you not in Round 10 (which is everyone but Karlito) - Round 10 needs two subs. I'll make this short; round 10 is an MA game, currently in turn 75, so squarely in the late game. It's a vanilla game, so no Zmeys or whatever.

Ermor has an S9 bless (for those shadow vestals) and is currently under attack from three different nations on two different sides of its empire (though some sort of clever diplomacy might be possible I guess). Your army is about three times larger than that of any human players. To be honest, Ermor is in decline, though it might be possible to pull it around. I'm really only asking because Ermor has a lot of tools that need a human player to be used properly.

Eriu has an E9N6 bless. They're currently only at war with one human player (and R'lyeh, who is about to go AI). I don't really know much about Eriu's capabilities. To be honest, Eriu's player basically coasted by on Thunderstrike spam and the occasional Sidhe Lord thug. I don't know what they have researched or what they can do, or their gem situation. you have one big army (that I can see) with your pretender, plus probably a crapload of Sidhe Lords scattered to the wind. Your position is probably not bad, but I don't know.

We also need someone to set R'lyeh to AI, since I'd rather not do it myself (due to the cheaty nature of looking at someone else's turn as another player), which will only take a moment.

Feel free to post in the thread or PM me if you want to take a look at either nation and decide whether they're for you or generously donate 60 seconds of your time to turn R'lyeh AI.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also Burburg's PD is apparently entirely crossbowmen armed with broadswords, which is hilarious and will murder anything that doesn't have a shield (like Nefurt's hawk cavalry).
Scuse me, they've got kite shields. Also Burburg PD has got small arbalests.

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile

It appears you are correct! :-[ For some reason I think I was looking for shields to be with the weapons, rather than the armor. To be honest, I think Arbalests are the weakest ranged weapons, simply because your goal is generally to have as many arrows in the air as possible (likewise, crossbows are usually less useful than regular bows). It looks like it worked out in Burburg's favor though.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In one case. Nefurt Hoburg PD is equally proficient at repelling Burburgun flying raiders when in sufficient numbers as well.

I agree with you with respect to the arbalests as well. Definitely less useful than crossbows would be.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Hmm, the crossbows of Nerfurt do have the advantage of shooting faster but the progression of getting them in PD is much slower then the Burburg's arbalest. In fact B has double the number of ranged PD because B has both units being ranged, the only difference is one has Protection 8 and the other has 9. Both N and B's progression for their ranged units is +1, +2, and repeat. Of course as mentioned B has both his basic units as ranged while N has a warrior with a strange progression. It goes +1, +1, +2, +1, +2, and repeat. The higher tier units both arrive at PD 20. B's second commander is a mechsquedo dude while N has a Hawk rider. B has soldiers and light soldiers and at a good rate. The soldier's are +2 every point and the light soldier is +2, +3, and repeat. N has stranger stuff though. There is a wolf lancer and a hawk cavalry both at a rate of +0, +1, +0, +1, +1, and repeat. Depending on the enemy I can see both sides being good at something. Against early game unit swarms B's all ranged early PD would be quite good while against smaller number of good units N's PD is nice as it has melee though only after you get enough points in it to effectively swarm a few enemy units at a time. The higher PD falls mostly in B's favor because of the stellar progression of his soldiers and light soldiers. Of course against a single unit I might side with N because of his flier swarm though honestly you need quite a high PD for that to be effective. Here is the info in numbers though sorry for the formatting of it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just so you know, that post was kind of scary to get as an email notification. Numbers filled my whole screen....
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That income graph is rather worrying.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kind of, except it probably indicates lots of overtaxing rather than permanent income. It's still potentially worrying for those at war with Il P though, because the money's going somewhere!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Is the answer "Into their faces in the form of pain"?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Likely!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh, the glassest cannon ever.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13