Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Dominions 3 Round 13 - The Unlucky One - NationGen Edition - Il Palazzo Wins!  (Read 21915 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He might actually mean something by that. I do know the AI will generally attack provinces with the lowest PD.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

I assume with the size of his nation he probably had the money to pump the PD in any province bordering the AI. And me being me I had good PD because why not.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Bluerobin stalled twice in a row. Perhaps it would be better to postpone the current turn until he shows up.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh. Great. Apparently the turns I tried to submit this weekend from a different computer were sent to the wrong email address. I was wondering why it looked like I had a little too much money last turn. "Oh well" is quickly becoming my theme for this game.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uh-oh. The beginning of the end.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, someone had to throw the first punch. I may as well pretend I can get the upper hand on you by doing it myself.

Wonderful timing on the arena match, though...
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I get a 12h extension? I'll try to send the turn on time, but there's a chance I'll miss the deadline.

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile

No problem! I imagine that if anyone deserves some extra time for their turns, it's you. ;D I think this is the first time I've seen Perpetual Storm. If ever there was a time for it though, it's definitely now. It's too bad your own flying raiders are kept landlocked by it, too.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lol Ettles and Sardarm in Fenica. You guys need to do that more often.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah turns out the Reply to All button doesn't reply to all when it's actually going to be important.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Boy, have I learned something new. Astral dome also stops friendly spells from passing through. This includes cloud trapeze.
I wonder if it's the same with other domes, and all spells? Does it mean it's possible to fry your own mage casting gateway, for example?

Also, perpetual storm stops seeking arrows, in case you've been wondering why there's none falling from the sky.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:51:01 am by Il Palazzo »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

I actually stopped casting those because I have better use for the gems. As for the domes yes they do. Domes stops spells as described, period. There is no difference between whether its an enemies or yours. I would advise planning ahead and having a lab next to you capital where you can put your mages that need to cast spells that go outside the province as needed.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you saying you've seen outgoing spells stopped by local domes? That doesn't seem right. At least I've never seen that happen.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Huh I could be wrong let me check the wiki

Edit: Okay they don't stop spells going from the province but most of the domes do block all incomining spells. The fire dome doesn't but it also doesn't stop spells but rather damages the enemy caster.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 01:00:22 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good timing whomever dispelled the storm this turn. Dr Mendele's Surefire Attack[tm] on Ard fizzled catastrophically thanks to the suddenly flying Zmeies.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13