Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Author Topic: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.9)  (Read 20738 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.6)
« Reply #180 on: October 25, 2013, 11:54:44 pm »

Testing reveals that custom enchantments aren't going to happen unless I have the lua write to a file, which brings up ethical/practical concerns.

(I.E it'll require admin permission if it's run in a folder that does so)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #181 on: October 26, 2013, 03:20:19 am »

I have the lua write to a file
Because my VB Settings.exe does never ever write anything into any files... I dont see the problem. I assume you want to change the syndromes in the save-raws with it?

Slaves are not really drow-style, from what I know about DnD. Slave-related stuff rather fits with the DF Goblins. At least as far as kidnapping and converting goes.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 26, 2013, 03:46:18 am »

Drow are crazy into slaves, AFAIK. I already have slaves.

Yeah, I guess you're right about the settings.exe. Writing some crazy syndromes custom-made by the user could be... fun, I guess, hehe.

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 26, 2013, 06:10:06 am »

I have the lua write to a file
Because my VB Settings.exe does never ever write anything into any files... I dont see the problem. I assume you want to change the syndromes in the save-raws with it?

Slaves are not really drow-style, from what I know about DnD. Slave-related stuff rather fits with the DF Goblins. At least as far as kidnapping and converting goes.

As an old AD&D (2 edition) player, I know Drows are slavers, in fact some of then slave one of my characters... he must be still in that mine forced to work for the drows...

I hate my DM...

Varyag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 26, 2013, 07:46:15 am »

Sounds like you got a good dm then, they should be brutal and unforgiving to keep the game interesting.

Nag him into letting you plan and play your escape if you want to continue playing your old character.

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 26, 2013, 08:04:14 am »

Sounds like you got a good dm then, they should be brutal and unforgiving to keep the game interesting.

Nag him into letting you plan and play your escape if you want to continue playing your old character.

In fact he is hardcore and brutal, he like a lot Ravenloft (is like playing DF next to a Necromancer tower), also he like as secondary world setting Dragonlance... At least my principal character is still alive and is the legacy vault and I can play it when I wish to play again AD&D.

The character than was enslaved by Drows was a Draketaur (if my memory donīt fail me now), cause they are terribly strong and are big, they were using my for digging their mines, and for pull heavy loads...  When the new chracters comes (other players), they were captured and striped by the Drows for work in the mines. The drows have in that moment, poison crossbows, shortshorts, their spells, and some wounding whips... I tried to make a riot when they pick the food for all the slaves, all were hungry and I find vs anyone than were trying to steal my soup cauldron, when I pick the cauldron the Drows were laughing their asses off. Then Y thwow a pair of skinny slaves and them behind those projectiles, I throw the cauldron fill with hot soup behind.

In the ruckus we was trying to disarms and killing or escaping from the Drows. Well at last that was not ending as intended and some falls death (by stupid actions), and my character falls unconscious, at least not dead... they killed other for create resistance and they let me alive because me >10 workers.

I can write a long thing of stories about my adventures. But that gonna get time. :)

Blightedmarsh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 02, 2013, 05:18:23 pm »

Drow are VERY Highly strung ...competative ...and chaotic ...and murderous.

This could translate in DF terms as being....

Highly strung:  harder to please and having more tantrums.
Competitive: They want the best stuff and hate it when another noble has better holdings.
Murderous: This would mean that they are more prone to fell moods, they get greater pleasure from slaughter and are less unhappy when a friend or kinsman dies.

===========================

In game terms what I would see the biggest danger to drow being other drow.

When they go on a tantrum they would go berzerk but snap out of it after a few kills.

When a noble is upset over a lesser having better stuff rather than shutting herself in and starving to death she would take up her blade and go out and slaughter the offending noble then calm down.

Nobles could demand weapons and more and better personal guards. They will try to rack up a big kill count and go out hunting and raiding.

Personal hate between nobles. Nobles who hate each other may try to kill each other with the involvement of their guards. Nobles won't shouldn't try to attack when they are out matched .

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 02, 2013, 05:30:23 pm »

I can't mod AI behavior, so that's a bit difficult.

Blightedmarsh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 02, 2013, 05:49:31 pm »

Could you change the weight of effects of things like kin loss, slaughter, tantrum ectra? Or is the the AI a complete black box?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 02, 2013, 05:53:45 pm »

Can't change thoughts, either. Complete black box. I can only change personalities around a bit. It's already set up so that friendships should be an extremely rare occurrence if they happen at all.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 04, 2013, 02:43:55 am »

k

I just realized no that's not a good idea. Patches for systems that are copied over? Also have to be copied over.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 04, 2013, 02:44:40 am »

How is this going?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 04, 2013, 02:45:50 am »

Lolth. Priestery. That should be about it left to do.

To be exact, I just got done with the script and rock for summoning Lolth. First, it checks if Lolth is already there. If it does, well, it stops the script but doesn't stop your priest from dying (lol). After that, it checks your priest's skill--it adds 5% per skill level, up to a 100% chance at legendary+5. If the check fails... your priest still dies (lol). If the check succeeds, you get a gigantic spider god. And your priest dies. What a schmuck.

I've much more sacrifice-based stuff, oh yes. Shrine reactions are based around animal sacrifice, altar around prisoner sacrifice, temple around citizen sacrifice.

EDIT: Yeah, the places aren't going to be that limited. Shrine is based around non-sacrificing (and therefore very risky) reactions. Altar is based around animal and prisoner sacrifice; animals are worth more. Temple is based around citizen as usual.

Here's a sample of a shrine reaction:

Code: [Select]
local unit = df.unit.find(...)

local rando=dfhack.random.new()

local roll=rando:random(20)

local result=roll+dfhack.units.getEffectiveSkill(unit,df.profession.STRAND_EXTRACTOR)

if roll==1 then
dfhack.runscript('immolate')
elseif result>=20 then
dfhack.runscript('growcrops')
dfhack.runscript('grow')
dfhack.runscript('regrass')
elseif result<=6
dfhack.runscript('extirpate','all')
else dfhack.showAnnouncement('Your prayer failed, but Lolth had mercy this time.',COLOR_MAGENTA) end

The reaction code itself is impertinent. It's a prayer reaction.

It rolls a D20. If a 1 is rolled, that's a critical failure. It burns every single plant on the map. If it isn't a 1, it adds your priest's prayer skill to the roll. If that result is more than or equal to 20, all crops, trees and grass on the map will grow. If that result is less than or equal to 6, they'll all die. If the result is between 7 and 19, it'll do absolutely nothing and tell you so.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 04:09:27 pm by Putnam »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #193 on: December 07, 2013, 01:00:45 pm »

Nice to see updates. Is this all based on r3 or r4?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 07, 2013, 02:27:29 pm »

It's been based on r4 since its inception.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17