Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.9)  (Read 20742 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.4)
« Reply #165 on: September 12, 2013, 04:29:51 pm »

Then let me ask the other way around: Any boring raw-stuff, like basic underdark life, reactions and buildings, which dictates the biggest part of their playstyle?  :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 12, 2013, 06:06:52 pm »

Not much, yet. That's my next step, though.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 22, 2013, 03:09:43 am »

Guess what I'm working on again in earnest.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #168 on: October 22, 2013, 10:31:59 am »

Final Fantasy Fortress? :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2013, 03:38:50 pm »

Only 3 spells are from final fantasy :P

Right now, I've decided to shove soul magic aside so I can actually get some work on interesting non-trivial things done. Like poisoning.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2013, 03:47:14 pm »

I could write up the clay stuff, a drow embassy and the workshop to unpack the custom tradegoods. All races need those, and it would take some workload of you.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 24, 2013, 04:54:12 pm »

Okay.

Right now, I'm trying to think of things that could be done with crystal "batteries" that have a certain amount of charge in them. Enchantment a la Elder Scrolls?

Ooh, that could work, I think. Have the user pick in a menu between a few syndrome effects, place them all into a syndrome-made-from-scratch and place that syndrome into the raw syndromes list. That's kinda... wow, though, but I think I can handle it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.6)
« Reply #172 on: October 25, 2013, 02:03:41 am »

Yo, got a new release up.

EDIT: Fuck it.

My current game plan in general is to make Drow have things that literally no other mod has, maybe even that no other mod has use for. Near every niche is filled by other Masterwork playable races, so I'm filling the batshit niche. Drowfort--let me be honest--is where I do my moonshots, my out-there ideas that don't fit anywhere else. Also, I find it funny that the serious-ass grimdark drow are the ones that I dump my TTGL crap onto.

And that's why v0.7 is going to be all about the menu screens. Let's see what I can do with the idea of "custom enchantments".
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:16:29 am by Putnam »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #173 on: October 25, 2013, 11:44:16 am »

Sounds interesting. :)

I did some designs for the buildings. Here some thoughts on them:

The chandler, metallurgist, kiln, pottery, brick oven and crematory would be the same as in dwarf mode. Make candles/torches for Rendermax, make Alloys, dry/extract stuff, make pottery, make bricks for megaprojects, burn items to ash/coal to make space.

The stables would feed grazers with mushrooms only, because I assume that most drow pets are belowground monster. The feeding station could be a smaller version. Either both, or only one... feeding station to feed meat to giant spiders and the like. One could make pets grazers that require food that does not actually grow anywhere, this way you can simulate a carnivore getting hungry, and your drow have to feed it. Easily manageable if the grazer value is low enough. Grazing pets could also require specific food, the cavern moss, this way you dont have surface animals, but rather break into the first cavern for your pets.

Emissary is the Embassy, and the Hoardmaster is the Trade Storage. First one calls caravans and sieges, second one unpacks special tradegoods, maybe does some in-fort trading. Emissary could also use your new scripts for converting invaders, but I'd rather say thats something for magic/late-game-tech.

Slag, Ore and Gem grinder take on the role of Slag Pit, to clean up slag from smelting, the Ore Processor to refine the ore before you smelt it, and gem-powders, which could be used for decorations, colors, glazing and the like.

Glassblower makes simple items from glass that are missing in the glass furnaces.

Slaughterhouse butcheres the custom itemcorpses I had to add, for the megabeasts and sentient invaders.

Boneshaper makes items from bone that are missing in the craftsdrow-shop.

Beast Kennels could train warbeasts, like the dwarven version, but without the armoring. Just skill increases, an early building.

Alarm lever/siren/whatever, simply runs the siren script.

What do you think? Do you like those, because I can easily do the reactions/inorganics for them, its mostly using dwarf-mode stuff. Its all basic fortress life stuff, and I'd be happy to help, that way you can focus on your scripts and testing. :)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 25, 2013, 02:53:32 pm »

Yeah; heck, for the most part, the already-existing reactions can be used.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #175 on: October 25, 2013, 04:03:21 pm »

Almost. I'll make copies with unique IDs, I dont want different races to use the same reactions. It causes nothing but trouble when I change dwarven alchemy to a new system, but orcs suddenly lack alchemy... or the pottery... so drow get a REACTION_DROW for everything.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 25, 2013, 04:04:07 pm »

k

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 25, 2013, 07:26:04 pm »

You should let Drow use slaves, to feed carnivorous pets, one most important and exploitable thing about drows, they donīt have much ethics like most other races.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 25, 2013, 07:43:46 pm »

Drow already do use slaves, but... that could work, I think.

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 25, 2013, 08:02:17 pm »

Add an reaction.

Use Slave to feed beast.

Or

Add a reaction in the Butchery

Butcher Slave.

choppa dat  hummie dem fed da big monsta!!!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17