Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.9)  (Read 20759 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.1)
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2013, 05:38:49 am »

Between controlled transformations to multiple targets, a random transform and creature spawning? Yep, that does sound extremely awesome.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2013, 05:38:54 am »

State of the mod:

Shit, sorcery's going to be way more DnD than I expected, to the level that I actually had to include the license for 3.5 in the mod to be safe. Anyway, as of right about now, I've gotten most of the level-up code done for sorcery. The other four interaction-based magic schools are going to have to wait until 34.11r4 due to reliance on a plugin (syndromeTrigger) that isn't released yet.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2013, 05:52:02 am »

Sounds good. I assume spawnunit is in the mix as well? And what are you trying to do with syndrometrigger?

Any work done on building designs or the simpler reactions/industries? Any help needed? I love building design, if you are interested. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2013, 04:10:02 pm »

Sounds good. I assume spawnunit is in the mix as well? And what are you trying to do with syndrometrigger?

Yes. Also, with syndrometrigger, I'm... building the entire non-sorcery magic line and a bit of the sorcery, too. For example, Summon Monster requires spawnunit to be done through an interaction, which is syndrometrigger.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2013, 05:05:24 am »

Outline time!

Sorcery is an incredibly complex system that basically ports Dungeons & Dragon's entire sorcerer class (with a kind of mix between D&D and other spells) into DF. Monthly, you may be bothered by a sorcerer leveling up; this will present you one or more spell lists, which you may choose a spell out of (Creating a sorcerer presents you with 6). Each spell will be usable once a day. Every sorcerer can be made unique, and it's up to the player's choosing. At rank 20 (leveling up takes much, much longer than in vanilla DF; a sorcerer will be level 20 at 35 years into a fort), sorcerers will essentially be gods, able to change form into another creature at will (the player gets to choose the creature, natch) and even create items from scratch. All of this isn't without risk, of course; the form change will cause... problems with clothes, of course, and the item creation costs that sorcerer's experience points.

All I can think up at the moment.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2013, 06:45:04 pm »

An update: I've scrapped sorcery entirely upon realizing that it's too complex for what ends up being 1/3 of a magic system. I've also combined the "destructive/constructive" things into just one school each and replaced sorcery with elemental magic.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2013, 06:53:03 pm »

An update: I've scrapped sorcery entirely upon realizing that it's too complex for what ends up being 1/3 of a magic system. I've also combined the "destructive/constructive" things into just one school each and replaced sorcery with elemental magic.
...wait.... Wuttt....

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2013, 09:10:16 pm »

I try not to show it, but sorcery was making me go insane.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2013, 09:38:40 pm »

That happens to people that meddle with dark magic.  ;)

Any help I can offer with the more mundane parts, designs/workshops, raws... those things?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 15, 2013, 10:03:11 pm »

Yeah, some sort of "shrine to Lolth" building would be nice. I can't make buildings that aren't in ASCII, and I don't want to release a learning mod (for Masterwork).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2013, 11:23:51 pm »

You cant make buildings that arent in ascii?

Have you tried http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=54004.0 ?

I love working with it, so I can easily whip up some designs if you want. You do mean just the building file, yes? If you give me a list of names and maybe the desired size (altar to lolth, is that a 3x3 thingy, or a massive, important 15x15 temple? ;) ) I will have a go. :)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2013, 09:20:49 pm »

Here's a thing that shows what I've done.

Removing sorcery stepped me back quite a bit, tbh.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2013, 07:38:46 am »

Like I said in the post above, if you give me a list of names and the general idea behind each building, or at least the rough size, I will gladly do the building designs.

EDIT: I remember that you once said that drow should have no armor and only use dodging and such for defence... ehm... how do you want to do that? Giving them no armors is good, but only to the point that they trade or kill something that has armors, then they will put it on.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:42:30 am by Meph »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2013, 01:48:17 pm »

Hehe, that's true. I've decided it's a bad idea, so light armor can be manufactured. I could probably do it by making Drow size 75000 or something--too big to wear any other civ's clothes.

Anyway, yeah, something like the current three-tier dwarven religious building system (familiarity is good!), but... evil. Shrine of Lolth, Altar of Lolth, etc.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2013, 01:49:55 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In the spoiler are the building files. Or at least the designs. :) Didnt knew about the buildmats, hotkeys and such, so I only did the graphics.

Here a screenshot:

Hope the design suits the mod. :)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17