Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.9)  (Read 20752 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.00)
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2013, 08:37:01 am »

change name to indentured servant . problem solved.

really liked the feature, -.-

what exactly did these concubines DO that made them so controversial?

Concubines are basically sex slaves. That is a big part of the problem.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2013, 11:32:44 am »

Funny thing is that no one ever mentioned them the lasts months, but "oh noes" they are removed... lets all talk about them now. And now, with all the other races in development, everyone is like: Put slaves to goblins, no reaves should have slaves, no drow should have slaves...

We both knew this ^^ To quote Toady:
the only time it is ever going to be an issue is if somebody reports it, in which case I'd probably ask you to remove them.  So it's either leaving them off, and having somebody bringing it up (which could be awkward), or adding them, and having them removed (which could be awkward).  He he he.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2013, 11:48:32 am »

change name to indentured servant . problem solved.

really liked the feature, -.-

Mod them back in yourself.  problem solved! :)

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2013, 05:07:59 am »

Of course drows should need INDOOR tag for almost all buildings and very strong cave-adaptation problems as you already proposed elsewere (with actual vomiting problems and malus to combact when outside).
No reason to complain about vomiting immigrants or vomiting embark drows, it's just for the time they need to enter the underdark fortress. (plus I readed on "Toady to do list" somewhere that actually underworld embark+depot+immigrants could be possible in the future).

Of course, for other ideas and suggestions, you can download and read D&D manuals like Underdark and alike.
I have a complete collection I can upload for you if you want.

Drows are very slavery-related, and could have sorceres that summons daemons or things like that.

Drows should be limited in their metal industry. Bloodsteel and variants is the way to go.

I would say another thing: only slaves can dig? drows don't? My main D&D character for 3 years was a Chitine: http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/2364/chitine.png
That is basically a 4 handed slave half elf half spider that can grab on ceilings and walls and is used for mining by drows.

Do actually a [climber] tag exist in the raws ? like a spider that isn't [flyer] ?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 05:48:21 am by Nokao »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2013, 08:36:55 am »

There is no [INDOOR] tag for buildings. Climbing is coming next version.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2013, 09:46:12 am »

There is no [INDOOR] tag for buildings.

Maybe I did explain myself bad, because actually in dwarf mode beds MUST be built indoor, so there actually is some restriction ? I'm just saying that all drow things should be build inside, because they hate sunlight.

Climbing is coming next version.

Great! Will it work also for pathfinding of a playable races?
It would be great to see a "vermin-monster" race like Starcraft's Zergs, and D&D-fantasy-DF speaking, Neogi are perfect.

Neogi are a Slavist race like Drows. Also Chitines that I already quoted before.
They are also a very good choice for Dwarf Fortress, they are gnome-like inventors, magic item users and greedy artifact collectors.

But they can co-exist alltoghether as underworld evil civilization: https://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/168_webofchains.jpg
Your mod, choice.

bye !

p.s. remember that illithid / mind flyers always rule, in the end, a step before daemons and chtulu and God.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:20:16 am by Nokao »

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2013, 12:31:53 pm »

If I'm not incorrect, all of the currently "indoor only" buildings are hardcoded that way.

Dwarf_Eater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2013, 01:02:22 pm »

I'd like to see for some more advanced workshops "living" buildings. I know that it'd be impossible now, because there is no dfhack utility for that, but it'd be great to have living workshop demand bringing food (reaction with no products, running automaticly with some delay). That way meat industry would be more important, as for drows it would be pretty normal, as they need lots of blood for their bloodsteel industry running, so leftover food would be consumed in some degree :)
but there's also an alternative of drow only specific pets, something like huge tick, leech or mosquito milked for blood

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2013, 01:35:51 pm »

Would it be possible to create a pet caste of some creature which would require sustenance (other than grazing), but which could be shorn/milked for some product? Or is it only members of your civilization who require food and drink?

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2013, 02:55:43 pm »

Would it be possible to create a pet caste of some creature which would require sustenance (other than grazing), but which could be shorn/milked for some product? Or is it only members of your civilization who require food and drink?
No it's possible. Mountain gnomes drink your booze, tigermen eat your meat, and pandas eat bamboo.

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2013, 02:57:47 pm »

In the same way, or just to be annoying and then leave? Do they need the sustenance, or is that just a !!FUN!! thing?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2013, 05:55:35 pm »

Gnomes do it due to one of the CURIOUSBEAST tokens, tigermen due to CAN_LEARN, and pandas due to SPECIFIC_FOOD.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2013, 03:24:31 am »

Finally un-busy and can work on this!

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2013, 02:09:54 pm »

Huzzah!

Oyahbah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2013, 08:09:05 pm »

got an idea for Drow, master summons, they can sacrifice Drow wizards for giant spider monsters that can be chained at the entrance , maybe u can feed them corpses.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17