Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.9)  (Read 20756 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.00)
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2013, 10:05:14 pm »

We are talking Putnams DF drows here :P But I think having some clear guidelines from DnD isnt all too bad ;)

somehow starting in the cavern level would be "realistic"
I talked with expwnent about this, a possible solution would be a teleport of the wagon, all items in it and the 7 embark guys down into the first cavern, using a script that runs automatically once at embark. Migrants/caravans would still arrive on the surface though...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2013, 10:10:36 pm »

salvatore quite literately wrote the book on drow, at least the accepted version =P .. ebberron drow drive me nuts.

could you bring back the concubines for this one meph, but instead of dwarves make them goblin / orc  slaves? since they could be assigned labors in therapist they would work well for slaves

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2013, 10:16:42 pm »

No. Not because of the reason I stated before, but because concubines have been a dwarven caste. The orc/goblin slave you talk of would need to be a drow caste, which means that can become nobles, marry, give children to happy little drow babies, and normal drow parents have a small chance of giving birth to a orc/goblin slave, regardless on one of them actually being on the map or not.

Also, dont ask me, ask Putnam :P

I think the whole slavery thing is more for the goblin race plugin, since they kidnap people in vanilla DF anyway.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2013, 10:21:47 pm »

No, I like drow slaves.

Concubines... eeech.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2013, 11:37:34 pm »

stop getting all green in the face at the word concubines.. ><

i was meaning the creature file created for them. making "pets" that could do labor just like any other dwarf

except make these "pets" goblins and orcs" for the manual labor for the drow fort =)

they could be .. a "drow caste" but discription could read out as goblin... or orc

is there a no marry tag? drow arent into stable relationships with each other unless it benefits them =)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 11:40:08 pm by Fairin »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2013, 11:45:45 pm »

That would count under "slaves" :V

Also, yeah, I can't mess with marriage, unfortunately.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2013, 12:08:34 am »

Fairin, A: Toady forbid it, and B: A drow husband and a drow wife could give birth to an orc slave baby. Thats the two reasons it wont happen.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2013, 01:17:48 pm »

Fairin, A: Toady forbid it, and B: A drow husband and a drow wife could give birth to an orc slave baby. Thats the two reasons it wont happen.
Seriously, the community found ethical issues in embarking with concubines? Did toady really ask for them to be removed? Wow.... Just... Wow hahaha I always thought they're pretty PG.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2013, 03:56:28 pm »

Seriously, the community found ethical issues in embarking with concubines? Did toady really ask for them to be removed? Wow.... Just... Wow hahaha I always thought they're pretty PG.
It's not the community itself. It's that having concubines and such reflects badly on DF as a whole to those not of the community, and that's bad.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2013, 10:49:17 pm »

Also, I find them personally distasteful, so I say no-go.

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2013, 01:54:10 am »

I my self have no issue, if we're not going to have a problem with children having their eyes eaten out by undead thralls I don't see why we'd care about sex slaves, seems to me they make perfect sense; as far as the Drow go however I don't really see them having female sex slaves considering they are more of a matriarchy no?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2013, 01:55:22 am »

The matriarchy is pretty important and I'm not going into too much detail about why I find concubines distasteful.

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2013, 01:59:29 am »

Differ in life events and brain makeup, bothers me not.

Either way I don't think concubines make any sense for a Drow mod seeing as how you only theoretically need one male to impregnate a significant amount of females AND the Drow are matriarchal.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2013, 02:34:17 am »

change name to indentured servant . problem solved.

really liked the feature, -.-

layback

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2013, 08:00:54 am »

change name to indentured servant . problem solved.

really liked the feature, -.-

what exactly did these concubines DO that made them so controversial?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17