Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.9)  (Read 20755 times)

Oyahbah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.1)
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2013, 02:31:57 am »

ah ok i gened a new world, apparently all teh civs died out when i made a desert world. weeeird.

hey im decent at spriting, if u want a free sprites for drow and their classes i can take a whack at some stuff....
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 02:33:30 am by Oyahbah »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2013, 02:51:23 am »

Dude. Spelling. Grammar. At the very least use a spellcheck.

Oyahbah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2013, 12:22:00 pm »

any1 has teh sprite sheet for races what is eaach square size???

edit::

HEEEEY!:

why doesnt ur mod use these?? how can i add my own custom art for teh drow or races???

is there a guide somewher???
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 01:03:10 pm by Oyahbah »

Urist McEngraver

• Bay Watcher
  • I like german.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2013, 02:54:45 pm »

Well done, Putnam, I'll try this out (most likely I'll laze off and won't) and rant about any tiny bugs I find.
Also, if you've got wooden furniture in the dining hall, you have some big issues anyways.
This is Dwarf Fortress, not the Fluffy Wambler Express.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2013, 04:12:40 am »

I'll download it and have a look.

Oyahbah, cant decide if you type in total haste from a mobile phone that has autocorrect "the" to "teh", or if you try to annoy people.

Putnam, you asked about the curch of dark depths:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Really only works with the new tileset I made. Will be realsed in a couple of days. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Oyahbah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2013, 05:16:07 am »

teh way i speak is from teh homeland.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2013, 05:34:53 am »

What homeland?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2013, 06:14:12 am »

What homeland?
Obviously a land where having an extra chromosome is the norm.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2013, 10:45:53 am »

[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_MONSTER] => remove it. Its an old reagents for the colosseum, and you probably dont want to create steel caged monsters in your forge. ;) It uses changelings now, that are pastured on the colosseum. I saw you use the colosseum as well, so the drow should be able to embark withchangelings. Otherwise you can buy them or make them in the warpstone lab.

"vermin-eating pet" => I like that name adjective. Might borrow this for dwarf/kobold/(possible orc) mode.

!NOALLTOY!TOY:ITEM_TOY_EVIL1]
!NOALLTOY!TOY:ITEM_TOY_EVIL2]
!NOALLTOY!TOY:ITEM_TOY_EVIL3] => leftovers. Can be deleted.

All the ITEM_EVIL_# => Feel free to rename the tags/IDs. Probably gets confusing in the reactions after a while, I was lazy about it, because they are only really used in the one entity file. Or make new items if you like.

[CURRENCY:COPPER:1]
   [CURRENCY:BILLON:5]
   [CURRENCY:SILVER:10]
   [CURRENCY:ROSE_GOLD:20]
   [CURRENCY:GOLD:50]
   [CURRENCY:PLATINUM:100] => ironbone and bloodsteel coins?

"i find these fascinating but they do not exist!" => it this your comment? Its about the old magic ammo, which I removed. It was pre-interactions and pre-projectile expansion. I added small blobs to cavern 1, blobs to cavern 2 and greater blobs to cavern 3. 5 types, and they had a special gem as an itemcorpse. Hunt in the caverns for the blobs, get special gems, make special ammo with it. It had an inorganic metal with a syndrome that melts at body temperature, and affects creatures when hit and stuck in. Very unrelyable in comparison to new possibilities. Therefore removed.

The disabled "PERMITTED_REACTION:BLOCK_BOULDER" reaction would crash the game, dont activate it.

Saw the bloodwine. Guess drow dont have alcohol-dependant, but you can make other drinks that count as alcoholic, but dont look like it. I made juices and tea for example for the kobolds. They also have access to booze, but get negative effects from it. Dont know how you want to treat your drow. What you can do: No normal brewing reactions (disable the vanilla one by some material template toggling), then add alcohol dependant, and add alcohol tag to other things, like blood. Suddenly all drow are blood-drink-depenant, and you need to brew bloodwine to keep them happy. Could also be done with british people and a tag on tea. Drink tea = happy, drink water = unhappy. Or americans and coffee :P Just an idea of course, and it would mess with having multiple races in the same world... but drug-addicted drow, maybe a fungus that only grows underground, that sounds like fun. Cavern lvl2-3 plants that you must find first, so your guys get unhappy along the way, till you manage to dig deep enough for their comfort. :)

YESDISEASE[PERMITTED_REACTION:HERBAL_MIX]
YESDISEASE[PERMITTED_REACTION:WARD_PLAGUE]
YESDISEASE[PERMITTED_REACTION:WARD_PLAGUE_DEATH]
YESDISEASE[PERMITTED_REACTION:WARD_PLAGUE_BLIND]
YESDISEASE[PERMITTED_REACTION:WARD_PLAGUE_SLEEP]
YESDISEASE[PERMITTED_REACTION:WARD_PLAGUE_NOSLEEP]
YESDISEASE[PERMITTED_REACTION:WARD_PLAGUE_VOMIT]
YESDISEASE[PERMITTED_REACTION:WARD_PLAGUE_STERILE]
YESDISEASE[PERMITTED_REACTION:WARD_PLAGUE_HULK] => not entirely sure if this is a good idea. The diseases only source are special dwarf migrants, so you wont get any outbreaks anyway. The feature was disliked heavily and I pulled the plug on it, at least till I come up with a better version. I currently have the diseases still in the mod, but very rare, and they subside naturally after a while.

Library System => I simplified it a lot. Just copy+paste the new permitted reactions into it. Ink from dye is a thing now, and I got rid of all essays. Only books and notebooks. Many people found it too complex and I got the feeling that not many people use it because of the complexity.

[PERMITTED_REACTION:BIFROST_ => Has been removed for a reason. Thanks to your mentioning of the SPECIAL tag, I could make FrostGiants drop bifrost directly. I then added [ITEMS_WEAPON][ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED][ITEMS_AMMO][ITEMS_DIGGER][ITEMS_ARMOR], so people can just use it in the forge. Available for moods now, as well. :) I might do this in future for volcanic as well. A lot easier then writing an entire building with so many reactions, for something one tag in the forge can do.

[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_MITHRIL]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:SMELT_MITHRIL]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_COBALT]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:SMELT_COBALT]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_WOLFRAM]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:SMELT_WOLFRAM]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_TITANIUM]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:SMELT_TITANIUM]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_CHROME]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:SMELT_CHROME]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_SLADE]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:SMELT_SLADE] => have been removed for a reason. I made new, better reactions and put them into the crucible.

[PERMITTED_REACTION:WARD_CULT] => wards of armok only work against rare dwarven castes. No problem for the drows...
[PERMITTED_REACTION:SACRIFICE_GUARDIAN] => You want to spawn a guardian of armok?
In general, they probably shouldnt have the temples of Armok.

Creature: Feel free to remove [NO_SLEEP] if you like. I like the personality changes. :) A drizzt-easter-egg would be great ingame. :) And even if its just "listen to tales of drizzt" in the drow tavern or something like that. You can freely rename the professions as well, I just did some for the creatures that show up when you play other races, so traders, thieves, bodyguards. Caste system if all yours as well, can keep albinos or scrap them, doesnt matter.

Interaction: DROW_WEAKNESS_TO_SUNLIGHT_MW => maybe add a VERB:are blinded by the sun:is blinded by the sun ? Or something similar, just for people to know that they shouldnt be outside. Current setup would spam this every 5 ticks, but you could add a second interaction, longer wait time, no effect but the VERB.

Reactions/Items: " Daedra??? oh well" => Helm evil... scrap it. It was a rare easter egg, some bodyguards/traders wore it. With the long name not suitable for fortress play.

Again, feel free to change whatever you like. If something seems odd or is in the way, change it. It is much more work for you to work around silly things I did for the "trade/invader" drow, then for me to add some simply changes to the drow as is. I dont know if you realize this, but the Masterwork Orcs and Smakes Taiga-Orcs are two different creatures and entities. Same counts for the Masterwork Kobolds and the Kobold-Camp Kobolds. You dont have to carefully change the Masterwork Drow, you can write your own. When you play Dwarves, you will still have the old drow traders. When you play drow, the old drow traders are disabled, you you play your new race intead. In the end I want to have one world, several playable races, and all old races replaced. But that will take a while. I will tackle it when elves and drow are done, maybe goblins as well. I hope to solve the diggable soil/no stone for kobolds with dfhack... maybe it works. :)

I also thought about a custom DwarfFortress.exe (DrowFortress.exe, OrcFortress.exe, KoboldCamp.exe) for each race, and a custom fortressintro.wtf file. That would allow you to change the string dump entries. You could rename hardcoded things, vanilla reactions, crafts, professions and skills (like I did for Archeologist and Runesmith), BUT, and here comes the awesome part, it does not need a new world gen. You could gen a world with Dwarves and Drow. Then run DwarfFortress.exe to play dwarves, with runesmiths, but if you run DrowFortress.exe your main menu would look different (Play Drow Underdark), and have the skills renamed to... dont know, Spiderfarmer, Poisontester or Glaivemaker. Or Farmer to Underdark Fungifarmer... ;)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2013, 03:45:22 pm »

No, I do realize that. Thus why it's all in a separate file. Yeah, I was trying to not be too intrusive with changes, but I'm pretty sure I may be working with an old version of Masterwork, which is... whoops.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2013, 07:04:11 pm »

I have to say being able to play all of the different races within a single world would be pretty cool. Especially with the world persistence changes they are talking about for the next version of vanilla.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2013, 09:21:10 pm »

Dwarves and Orcs is theoretically already possible. Kobolds, not so much. Dwarves, Elves, Drow, Orcs, these should be no problem. Depends on any changes to important stuff, like inorganics, but I think both putnam and smake aim at using interactions and cave-adaption instead.

mattychan

• Bay Watcher
  • Less than dabbling DF Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2013, 12:28:35 am »

I have come to a conclusion... i have no idea what i'm doing  ???

Putnam i am not really sure how to install your mod
i blame Meph and his confusing folders

for Meph if you got the time to waste
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:30:19 am by mattychan »
If I ask a dumb question, please tell me. So we can bond over it.
Clearly egotistical. Moon Elves Rule!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2013, 12:36:58 am »

dwarf fortress/raws/objects

mattychan

• Bay Watcher
  • Less than dabbling DF Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2013, 12:46:06 am »

thanks sorry to waste your time  :-\
If I ask a dumb question, please tell me. So we can bond over it.
Clearly egotistical. Moon Elves Rule!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17