Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.9)  (Read 20732 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.6)
« Reply #195 on: December 08, 2013, 02:39:58 am »

Understood. Like I just posted in the studed with patches thread: Next mod update will be with r4.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.9)
« Reply #196 on: December 08, 2013, 04:34:32 pm »

Here it is.

I count this as releasable, but I'm tentatively keeping the version number at 0.9.

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 08, 2013, 08:43:59 pm »

can you give a summary or put it in the first post about everything new/innovative/strange?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 08, 2013, 08:50:23 pm »

Let's see here...

1. Sacrifice! Sacrifice animals, invaders or citizens (!!) to get some material goods. Sacrifice is risky--the invader, animal or citizen sacrificed is 100% random!
2. Slavery! Grab some caravaneers or something, put 'em next to a slave workshop, work 'em.
3. Magic! New skills for each magic (invisible skill, unfortunately) and plenty of cool spells that aren't possible without DFHack.

Aaaaaand I forgot something with that release. See why I tentatively titled it 0.9?

EDIT: Fixed that forgotten thing.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 09:07:02 pm by Putnam »

Theosophocles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 08, 2013, 10:04:19 pm »

I feel like I discovered this mod at the perfect time. Bring on the Underdark!

Theosophocles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 09, 2013, 05:47:53 am »

Having tried it, i'm not sure if it's working properly for me. Beyond the toxicologists lab there doesn't seem to be any 'properly-Drow' workshops, such as the altars mentioned earlier. I tried it with Masterwork 4e, since I'm an optimist. Should it be working or do I need an earlier version? Thanks.
-edit. I use the Evil Swamps world gen.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 05:50:40 am by Theosophocles »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #201 on: December 09, 2013, 03:22:53 pm »

I will have a look and add the basic workshops and write a simple manual, once I am back in germany. But Putnam, you might have to fill out the bigger part of the manual.... the parts covering what exactly the scripts do. The rest I can read from the Raws...
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 09, 2013, 04:34:13 pm »

The scripts are more invisible to the player--I give an exact description of what they do in the VERB. If it's not there, it's in the TARGET_VERB, and if it's not there, it's in the ADV_NAME.

Simply put: fingerOfDeath kills a unit. No mercy. It makes them die of old age; if that doesn't work, they die of blood loss; if that doesn't work, they die of vanishing.

Demi allows you to decrease a unit's blood to a given percentage of current; cannot kill the unit. The in-game ones are 25% and 50% I believe.

Shapechange gives you a choice to change between any creature (within a given set of filters).

Summonmonster I didn't really get to, but it's just spawnunit designed for syndromeTrigger. Hell, I could just use spawnunit, so I don't know why I included summonmonster at all.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #203 on: December 09, 2013, 04:36:48 pm »

Yeah, but the overall concept of: You the player can make drow magic in workshop A from X, which will give the ability to do ''insert-stuff-here'', and the best way to use it is like this. Same for the slavery. The objects and buildings I can do, the non-dfhack reactions as well.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 09, 2013, 04:54:56 pm »

Ah, yes, okay.

You can give a drow training in magic using no reagents; however, they do spend about 10 months only able to make annoying spatters of water and/or dizzy themselves. After that, every month they gain experience based on their mental attributes and personality1. If they level up, they get new spells, and the game announces it:

"Drizzt Do'Mage has leveled up body magic to level 5."

Slavery is identical to hire-guard, except it requires chains instead of money and will transform the victim into a castrated "slave" caste instead of just making them join.

1The exact amount is 150*personalityModifier*attributeModifier; the modifiers are an average of their deviation in select attributes/traits.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #205 on: December 09, 2013, 04:58:13 pm »

Just had a look at your files... the buildings files are a bit butchered... no build labors, hotkeys, names... Do they even work? ^^ And do the drow have anything regarding the cave-adaption?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 09, 2013, 04:59:42 pm »

._.

whoops

that's a simple-ass fix, though

Also, I think no hotkey just defaults to no hotkey and no labor just makes "any labor" able to build it

And yeah, they have anti-cave-adaptation. If they leave the cave, they get dizzy and nauseous.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 05:02:54 pm by Putnam »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #207 on: December 09, 2013, 05:03:50 pm »

Any other plans, then the 3 temples, the mage and slave buildings? I have about 12 simple workshops written, I just need to add the fitting reactions. But anything else that stands out in a unique way? I remember this unique epic-drow critter that was posted at some point, and you said you wanted to make a fort of 200 drow have 1 of these on average... anything done with that idea?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.6)
« Reply #208 on: December 09, 2013, 05:04:41 pm »

Sounds interesting. :)

(Ok, 18, not 12, but still, basic things)

EDT: Draegloth. that was the name of the critter.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 09, 2013, 05:15:34 pm »

Yeah, those are a fairly simple replace job.

Oh, Draegloth. Good idea. Shouldn't take long.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17