Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.9)  (Read 20740 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.1)
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2013, 02:52:57 am »

More than fine. Past acceptable, even. Heck, it may even go beyond good, all the way to "thanks, that's great".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.1)
« Reply #151 on: August 27, 2013, 09:47:31 pm »

New version here

Still beta as hell, but I felt the need to release something. Still requires DFHack r4, but you can get an idea of the magic system in an elongated fort (if that's even possible to play at this stage). Please tell me of any errors in code.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.4)
« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2013, 12:21:39 am »

You buildings lack a few tags. name, color, labor and hotkeys.

[NAME:Temple to Lolth]
[NAME_COLOR:7:0:1]
[BUILD_LABOR:MASON]
[BUILD_KEY:CUSTOM_X]

How does "Take someone as a slave" work? Some sort of automated makeown that runs on captured invaders?

GLASS_CRYSTAL_WAR, GLASS_CLEAR_WAR and GLASS_GREEN_WAR do not have the ITEM_WEAPON ITEM_ARMOR and so on token. I do use normal glass in the glassforge to make these items directly. I wanted to keep the normal forge clean of glass, and make all glass related items in the specified glassforge. So you create glass bars that cant be used in the forge.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2013, 12:37:55 am »

It's mostly makeown, but it transforms the taken creatures into drow first. It's not automated.

Okay, hehe. The temples and such are currently placeholders, though the mage's guild and slave workshop aren't :X

patryck

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 06, 2013, 03:49:49 am »

Do you know if this mod works in the new version of masterwork? It looks like fun and I want to try it out.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 06, 2013, 03:51:42 am »

Try it out.

patryck

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 06, 2013, 02:42:14 pm »

I tried it and it did not seem to work. It may be my mistake. I downloaded it, unzipped it put the raws in the raw folder, and put the scripts in the script folder. I then ran the masterwork settings.exe, generated a gaia world, tabbed to the civ choice screen, picked one and embarked.
It wasn't drow so I abandoned, tried again with each of the other civs and none of them were drow.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 06, 2013, 03:10:21 pm »

There's nothing in the settings for them at this point; you have to manually select them in the embark screen.

patryck

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 06, 2013, 05:03:16 pm »

Made a new world and it worked. I guess that the drow just died out in world gen on the previous world.

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 06, 2013, 11:58:17 pm »

My suggestion? A cartoony logo like the other civs! seriously though, maybe make females rarer than males (if males are gonna be cannon fodder, I only really read the first four pages). This will also keep the populations grow slower(not counting migrants).
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #160 on: September 07, 2013, 04:18:44 am »

Hehe, the Logo is really not that important... I just took a picture from google/the d&d wiki. Hard to find cartoony things that fit the same style as the others.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

patryck

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 07, 2013, 10:46:23 am »

When playing I found that not all the reactions were available in the glass furnace(no trap parts) and the screw press(no compress peat). Was this deliberate? If so were they moved to other buildings?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 07, 2013, 12:01:26 pm »

No and no :P The reactions are from a few versions back.

FengYun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 12, 2013, 03:43:04 pm »

Any news? Will you add something with that cool creature spawning script?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 12, 2013, 04:19:06 pm »

I already *made* something with that creature spawning script about a month ago, hehe. I actually do have to wait for DFHack-0.34.11-r4, though, because it relies on syndromeTrigger.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17