Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.9)  (Read 20734 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: [DROW] Discussion and Suggestions (v0.00)
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 08:51:57 pm »

I don't think the Drow should have Orc allies. The orcs already have the Deep Drow as allies.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 08:53:16 pm »

1. Maybe later. That would require DFHack magic, which, while certainly under my jurisdiction, is somewhat time-consuming. Definitely good, though.

2. Oh hell yeah.

3. Of course.

4. Probably going to come up naturally, hehe.

5. That too.

6. Yep.

7. Probably gonna happen.

Vorsh99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2013, 10:04:27 pm »

got a few more

Effigy Masks]

Drow can gut the dead and make war masks from their flesh to instill panic in invading forces (yeah....)

Torture Pikes]

same premise but placed outside entrance of settlement, requires corpse of one non drow humanoid to create.

Drow mushroom farms?]

One thing I know for sure about Drow is they subjugate, they subjugate everything thats not Drow.

Kire93

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2013, 10:09:49 pm »

Man this sounds like it will be amazing!  Ptw

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2013, 10:10:05 pm »

Effigy mask: ...preserved as ancestor portraits and were displayed on ceremonial occasions. Such masks were usually modeled over the features of the dead and cast in wax. This technique was revived in the making of effigy masks for the royalty and nobility of Europe from the late Middle Ages through the 18th century.

That does sound interesting.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2013, 10:22:09 pm »

Post Exterminated. Please delete someone!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 11:04:05 pm by lwCoyote »
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2013, 10:26:13 pm »

I find your post fascinating :P

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2013, 10:57:23 pm »

It occurs to me that I put it in the wrong place.. for some reason I misread the title as "general discussion".. I'll go ahead and delete it and repost it somewhere else, heh.
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

SuicideRey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 04:20:35 am »

Perhaps give them a new material like orichalcum for orcs? It should be purple~ and perhaps have some sort of poision abilities. Maybe make them have a faster cave adaption? :3 This is the best I've got, sorry if something similiar was suggested I only read some of the last posts. xD
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 04:22:40 am by SuicideRey »

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 08:15:22 am »

Putnam never disappoints, ptw.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2013, 02:50:31 am »

...I always wanted to make a shade/shadow armor that only gives boosts to people underground.

This, clearly. Double bonus points if you can apply this to weapons somehow.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

anomaly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2013, 10:32:51 am »

I will be watching this thread with interest.  I am not such a huge fan of the cave adaptation quirk but I understand the drive to make the differences between playable races more pronounced. 

Beyond just the evilness etc. of drow society I believe drow have a special connection toward the forbidden secrets of the world.  To that end I believe they should receive a special adamantine smelter where they can stretch adamantine supplies by alloying it with other mundane (but rare and valuable) materials.  And, perhaps, a small chance of prospecting more raw adamantine with some kind of ritual.

They also enjoy thrills and games of sport, perhaps of a more violent shade.  A gambling hall or arena where drow bet on events and get rewards would be appropriate.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2013, 09:38:04 pm »

quick summary of drow, mostly for meph and people that didn't read the drizzt series (not the original triliogy its -literately- called the dark elf trilogy)

the drow are a highly religious society the highest ranking members of their society are priestesses

males are generally cannon fodder soldiers, the few highly respected males are mages or weaponmasters

females are generally stronger than males and are generally priestesses, those that are not are shunned (but still higher than males)

slave labor is perfered to normal labor (goblins orcs magical creations ect)

spiders are excessively holy, most males arent even allowed to look at one in the eyes

ALL drow are trained in weapons nearly all male are fighters / rogues

all drow have innate magical abilities, usually a focus makes them stronger - basic abilities are faefire (lights up an opponent) globe of darkness (exact words of the text)  and limited levitation.

society in drow - is controlled chaos. as in . its not "against" the law to murder someone, its against the law to get "caught" murdering someone anyone that breaks the peace is punished, harshly (theres only one real punishment, death)

drow are a survivalist race. if their side is loosing a battle they will happily join their attackers (if they are drow. which is the most common form of enemy most face) having drow loose a battle with another sapient race is generally unheard of. they don't really play around in open warfare. (unless your as badass as drizzt of course)

they are generally "small" in number but fierce, while uncaring for one another but know if they need each other to survive (or win) they will use each other for selfish gain.

for instance in the intro for drizzt he was born mid battle to his mother (matron Do-urden) high prestess of the whole familys house and was going to be a sacrifice to their deity (lolth) for increased favor while they murdered a whole house family far up the ranks in the society. (under the cover of magical darkness.. no one saw it happen.. so its like they didnt exsist anymore :)

not sure how to translate this well for dwarf fortress, goblins and orcs would do the manual labor while males would do the meaningless crafting. while the females would lead society would do the high end crafting. all drow would be excessively tallented in martial skills.

no tantruming allowed in drow. - adamantite is their generic metal - like elves and their mithril - somehow starting in the cavern level would be "realistic"
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 09:54:27 pm by Fairin »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2013, 09:54:20 pm »

Haha, that's great! I didn't know about the weapons and spiders.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2013, 10:01:34 pm »

So we're talking DnD Drow, and not the older works Salvador based them on?  For the most part, everything is the same or similar to the original Drow save for the spider worship.  Beauty and the perfection of the Drow form was the thing Drow strove for.  Disfigured Drow were generally slain.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17