Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Magicmaker Alpha 0.9 Update(2013.11.25)  (Read 25471 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Magicmaker
« Reply #165 on: May 04, 2013, 11:41:41 am »

Man this game is fun.
I currently have two characters: One is the character I was going to use for March of the 7th Platoon, and the spells are based off of Fire Emblem shaman spells- my wand is a soul contract a philosopher's stone and a rock (called Flux) and my spell has a level D Ectoplasm, a level C Vampire Tooth, and a Level F Fairy Wing- my health bar never gets too low. (this is Nosferatu)

My other character is a knight-ish dude, with a lightning-rod and philosopher's stone robe that lets me take a lot of damage, with a Level C Ninja Sword and level D Illusion Dust (and I think like a philosopher's stone). IT IS. DEATH. SHOTGUN- I do over 200 damage with each of the three projectiles, and if I hit with all three I can do like 600 something damage with only three materials and nothing above C. Also a Rock-C Fire Crystal-Ton of bricks wand that I shoot through walls and burn everything to death with.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 04, 2013, 01:11:29 pm »

Every time I've tried downloading this I get a 'Network Error'.
Has this happened to anyone else?
I've never had it happen before.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

elci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Elci on youtube
« Reply #167 on: May 04, 2013, 01:54:11 pm »

amazing game, thanks everyone for keeping this topic alive so we can discover this gem.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 04, 2013, 02:00:25 pm »

I had some thoughts as to how they could better balance the game for eventual release: use RPG elements!

• Instead of getting two dozen materials each stage, you should only get a few in the treasure chests at the end.
  • Once you get the materials you want, you spend exp to increase their ranks. No more buying A-rank materials with just a little gold grind!
  • Wands, robes, and spells only start with 1 slot. You get more slots, again, by spending exp.

With these mechanics, you would no longer have an uber-death machine after the first stage.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 04, 2013, 02:40:19 pm »

It's easy enough to make an absolute monster... I'd like to see what interesting results come from people doing restricted runs.

Like, the pinball build isn't something that would really come up intentionally, unless its effects were already known.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2013, 03:13:53 pm »

... thinking on it, some sort of "All random" mode might be... interesting. More specifically, either it would auto-randomize all your stuff when you enter the level... or after every shot. Robe would fluctuate on a timer.

Probably default to highest rank material you have instead of just choosing from any of them, but that'd be the limit of sanity. I think it'd be... beautiful. Completely insane, but beautiful.

Or... better yet, a "wonder" material, which itself does just that. Changes after every use.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 04, 2013, 03:19:01 pm »

Or... better yet, a "wonder" material, which itself does just that. Changes after every use.

Might work as an Artifact, actually. Casts A-rank spell effect in the desired direction, but who knows what it actually will be?

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 04, 2013, 05:36:35 pm »

Might work as an Artifact, actually. Casts A-rank spell effect in the desired direction, but who knows what it actually will be?

Casting speed up, MP cost down but you end up with spells with 4 random materials of the highest available one you have? Sounds delightfully chaotic!
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 04, 2013, 09:36:25 pm »

ok, to fix the continue forcing full screen bug you just need a valid save game in every slot, can be done by copy/pasting data from the first one to the other two.

if it was a material, I think it would work best as having that slot be randomly chosen from that tier of material,  so four A-rank could be very chaotic, but fairly hard to get legit.

now to get a spell with a lot of materials on it, for science, because reasons.

EDIT:  well, that was my wand I added a lot of stuff to by randomly changing zeros to ones.  crashes the game when I try to edit it.  not sure what all got added, rock, chaos butterfly, kncokback effect, illusion dust and homing thing I know are on it.

and I now have a spell with probably 8 random effects on it,  if people want me to I can put up my save here, is unstable when you try to edit it though, but this is understandable.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 10:33:23 pm by bluejello »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 05, 2013, 04:58:14 am »

The thing with the "wonder" element, I have an idea for it's ranks. Grade F "wonder" can only use grade F materials, grade D can only use up to grade D materials (if there's no grade D material it'll use a grade F one), etc.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 05, 2013, 07:22:11 am »

This game, is amazing.
I have a spell doing over 200 damage a second.
Enchantment,
2 B level Noxious Spores,
2 D Level Philosipher's Stones.
I own every boss ever.
I also cannot live without my wand having a teleport spell on it now.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

cibo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 05, 2013, 10:54:30 am »

Anyone know how to unlock 3th & 4th spell and 2nd wand slot?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 05, 2013, 11:02:57 am »

I made myself invulnerable by putting two of those "Redirect damage to mana" [Philosopher stone?] on my robes.  Then I equipped the artifact that increases your invulnerable time after being hit.

Now I just run around like a mad man stabbing people with my sword.  :D

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 05, 2013, 02:17:21 pm »

Anyone know how to unlock 3th & 4th spell and 2nd wand slot?

I believe ways to get those are not implemented yet.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 05, 2013, 04:15:56 pm »

But are they unfathomable if you are traveling at them?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16