Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Magicmaker Alpha 0.9 Update(2013.11.25)  (Read 25497 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Magicmaker
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2013, 06:37:06 pm »

Alchemy crashes a ton for me, but I'm assuming its been mentioned already?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2013, 06:40:30 pm »

Same. I don't bother with it; if I'm looking for something, I just keep an eye on the shop.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2013, 06:42:04 pm »

It's working fine for me. It seems to be the only way to get optic (other than buying? maybe?) because I've never seen it drop once. Especially A-rank Optic.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2013, 06:45:58 pm »

I've gotten an A rank Optic from the Forest Doctorate.

Same. I don't bother with it; if I'm looking for something, I just keep an eye on the shop.

I think it's if you combo something that says is not available yet and fuse it anyways that causes it.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2013, 07:24:13 pm »

A rank optic from doctorate maps, yeah. A rank can only show up on master and doctorate levels, if you didn't notice the thing saying that, and they're still pretty rare on master. Don't believe any of the levels are biased toward particular material types, though.

I think I've bought a couple from the shop, too. Always check that place after a map run, once you've got some gold to spend. It's usually got at least one A or B rank material to offer. 500 gold a pop, but after a while (and especially if you clear out your inventory of C-F rank materials occasionally) you get so much it doesn't really matter if you're spending a couple thousand every other map or whatever.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2013, 07:24:41 pm »

I know that, I'm just saying I haven't found any rank of optic on any map :P

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2013, 07:27:22 pm »

I know that, I'm just saying I haven't found any rank of optic on any map :P
I found an F-rank Optic on my first map. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2013, 07:28:37 pm »

Mind you Optic in my opinion doesn't enhance. It is as good rank f as it is rank s.

There are quite a few stones that don't get better with grades.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2013, 07:29:55 pm »

Actually its size increase becomes really valuable if you combine it with a chaos butterfly.
It's FEF, not FEOF

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2013, 07:37:18 pm »

Mind you Optic in my opinion doesn't enhance. It is as good rank f as it is rank s.

There are quite a few stones that don't get better with grades.

Wait, there's an S rank?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2013, 07:37:57 pm »

Nope??
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2013, 07:41:34 pm »

Actually its size increase becomes really valuable if you combine it with a chaos butterfly.
... which is very pretty, but fairly useless :P

For damage, anyway. The way optic splits damage up and needs to focus makes it a pretty terrible candidate for chaos butterfly, unfortunately :-\ You almost never manage to get the full hit on something and are pretty much always going to be lagging behind what a non-beam butterfly shot is going to do. Somewhat more likely to do that fractional damage, but... it's pretty weak.

One fairly consistent chaos butterfly mix I've found is butterfly/spider silk/crystal ball/dig. Does pretty alright damage and still manages to land quite a lot of its hits. It's also quite pretty, with you firing out these filaments of death all over the place :P

Shame wands max at four, though. Adding pierce to that would murderize everything. Pierce instead of dig is pretty violent too, providing no terrain's around to interrupt the shot.

And yeah, no S rank. Only goes up to A. Might change in the future, but it doesn't look like it will going by the way the game's currently designed. A rank's probably enough, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2013, 07:44:58 pm »

... which is very pretty, but fairly useless :P

For damage, anyway. The way optic splits damage up and needs to focus makes it a pretty terrible candidate for chaos butterfly, unfortunately :-\ You almost never manage to get the full hit on something and are pretty much always going to be lagging behind what a non-beam butterfly shot is going to do. Somewhat more likely to do that fractional damage, but... it's pretty weak.

One fairly consistent chaos butterfly mix I've found is butterfly/spider silk/crystal ball/dig. Does pretty alright damage and still manages to land quite a lot of its hits. It's also quite pretty, with you firing out these filaments of death all over the place :P

Shame wands max at four, though. Adding pierce to that would murderize everything. Pierce instead of dig is pretty violent too, providing no terrain's around to interrupt the shot.

And yeah, no S rank. Only goes up to A. Might change in the future, but it doesn't look like it will going by the way the game's currently designed. A rank's probably enough, heh.

It gets a lot better if you add a slime heart since it bounces around to fill out an entire room and will extend into neighboring segments. I've found it's really useful for dealing with large amounts of enemies as I mentioned earlier
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2013, 07:47:57 pm »

Spoiler: What the christ? (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2013, 07:48:33 pm »

It happens, think I've seen it 4 times so far. Really fun fighting your way to the top if you get blown off the edge.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16