Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Magicmaker Alpha 0.9 Update(2013.11.25)  (Read 25505 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Magicmaker
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2013, 03:32:51 pm »

How does one modify the save file?
Looks like the savefiles are plain text editable, if not exactly clear what everything does. I imagine turning a lot of the 0s in higher numbers would result in the mentioned shenanigans.
I would suggest Notepad or Notepad++ then, Dark. The first one because its already there and the second because it has line numbers.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2013, 03:50:19 pm »

Someone matter to share the pinball save? (unless that's forbidden for some reason that I'm not aware of)
Also, I'm using Sublime Text 2.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2013, 03:51:07 pm »

So how about them INVALID_QUEST_ITEM_NAMEs?

Also PTW.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2013, 03:53:18 pm »

So how about them INVALID_QUEST_ITEM_NAMEs?
Extremely annoying.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2013, 03:54:49 pm »

I find it funny how this thread alone is probably more active than the entire Magicmaker forums.
Also, having fun with the savefiles gave me at best a perpetual supply of Grade D Chaos Butterflies (a total of 8, because it stopped soon after).

Nothing else.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2013, 03:59:55 pm »

I find it funny how this thread alone is probably more active than the entire Magicmaker forums.
Poke the dev to look over here?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2013, 04:03:14 pm »

Someone matter to share the pinball save? (unless that's forbidden for some reason that I'm not aware of)
Also, I'm using Sublime Text 2.
I didn't see anything forbidding it, but if it's forbidden and someone notices, PM me or note it in the thread and I'll remove it. Any case, I think this is a pinball save for your perusal.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2013, 04:21:16 pm »

I'm finding Propane Nightmares awfully appropriate to play in the background with this thing.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2013, 04:55:13 pm »

As far as editing the saves go...

1 1 0  "Magic Wand" 4 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0
                    Illus.Dst CrystlBl  Expl.Pwdr LghtngRd  HarpyFthr OpticLens SlimeHeartEvrCldIce

There's a few more I pinpointed, but they're way later in the row. Didn't get a chance to test all of them since people showed up at work.  :(

Generally speaking, it goes from A downward and every 5 is a new mod. I haven't tried going above 4 yet, and having too many seems to break the game. You can also unequip them, from left to right, by talking to the wand guy, removing them, keep the changes, talk again, etc.

Ed. Also, that batch of numbers in the middle right before "1 1 1  "Magic Spell"" seems to have something to do with your inventory. Set it all to 1 and you'll have one of each mod. Maybe artifacts too, but I don't have the archaeologist open on this save.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 04:58:13 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2013, 05:41:44 pm »

My Magic Maker got corrupted on the first save.

I am going to wait a while before I try this game again. It seemed to have potential I just don't have that much time.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2013, 05:58:17 pm »

My Magic Maker got corrupted on the first save.

I am going to wait a while before I try this game again. It seemed to have potential I just don't have that much time.

For people with corrupted saves, this might help.
Quote from: Developer
It looks like this is an issue with character customization not saving properly. I don't know how soon I can fix this but I will get it done as soon as I figure it out.

For now, you can work around this issue by opening up SAVEFILE in notepad, and deleting the twelve numbers in line 7 before the E. (Keeping the E is important, or else the game will lock up) This will reset your character appearance to the default look, and the game should load properly.
Worked perfectly for me.

It's well worth trying to get it to work in my opinion. It's fun putting together random combinations to see what sticks. (I seem to be awful at that... most of my spells are painfully weak.)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2013, 06:11:12 pm »

Well here is a trick for some things

Wands do not sacrifice health or mana so they can get direct enhancements so don't be afraid to attach some serious firepower to it.

As well beware that some spell effects are unhelpful or are only useful in combination with other effects.

Also yeah that fixed worked.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2013, 06:12:45 pm »

I don't know what I did, but my combo of Lightning Rod+String+Dust+Explosive just murders stuff, even things it's nowhere near pointed at. Mind you, the String(called Spider Silk ingame, why are we saying "String"?) and the Lightning Rod are both A-Rank, and the Illision Dust and Explosive Powder are B-Rank.

I think the trails left behind by the String(called Spider Silk ingame, why are we saying "String"?) also chain-lightning, meaning each bit is basically a floating mine.

Sadly, I can find naught but F-Rank Lens.

Well here is a trick for some things

Wands do not sacrifice health or mana so they can get direct enhancements so don't be afraid to attach some serious firepower to it.

As well beware that some spell effects are unhelpful or are only useful in combination with other effects.
Fun fact, Laser effect on a wand gives you a continuous attack beam.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2013, 06:17:18 pm »

I've been using that orbital shotgun of spider+silk+crystal ball for tougher enemies, and a Chaos Butterfly + Slime Heart + Explosive Powder + Optic Lens for dealing with crowds
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2013, 06:33:07 pm »

Fun fact, Laser effect on a wand gives you a continuous attack beam

Semi-continuous.

There are short pauses of no damage.

Sadly, I can find naught but F-Rank Lens

Find the recipe for a lense by disassembling one. Then create one with higher rank ingredients.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 06:35:23 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16