Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Magicmaker Alpha 0.9 Update(2013.11.25)  (Read 25500 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magicmaker
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2013, 01:36:06 pm »

Wait, you can cast all those effects at once or in separate spells? I haven't unlocked the other spell slots and don't know how I would do so.

Normally, you're limited to 3/4 slots in which to equip effects. However, if you modify the save file directly, you can shove a pile of other stuff into it. I think I ended up with around 30 materials packed onto it before my game started crashing. (That is, the file flat out refused to load, or trying to view the wand stats caused a CTD.)

Ed. Also- Just want to say that I love your avatar, freeform. There's just something about its ambiguity that just grabs me. It's worse than a Rorschach.   :-\
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 01:48:27 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2013, 01:49:16 pm »

Mm... trying a random run. Keeps crashing on me, which is sad (and the only crashes I had, so far :(), but.

Most enjoyable thing so far? Slime heart/rock/stealth on the robe. Follow the invisible bouncing ball... of death.

E: Oh god, oh god, repulsor stacked wand + elasticity robe. I HAVE BECOME THE PINBALL WIZARD!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 01:59:45 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2013, 01:56:56 pm »

Ed. Also- Just want to say that I love your avatar, freeform. There's just something about its ambiguity that just grabs me. It's worse than a Rorschach.   :-\

I'm not sure how it's ambiguous (other than being a deformed stickfigure face), but thanks :P

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2013, 01:59:41 pm »

Picasso stickfigure face, full armored helmet (visor to the left, think Master Chief style), kind of a silly looking pengiun (eye up top, flipper coming around)... I've been seeing the helmet mostly, today.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2013, 02:04:42 pm »

holy freaking shit you turn invincible when you go fast enough

also you do damage

i just sonic blitzed a doctorate sandworm

life has become pinball perfection
Ask not!
Ask!

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2013, 02:19:10 pm »

holy freaking shit you turn invincible when you go fast enough

also you do damage

i just sonic blitzed a doctorate sandworm

life has become pinball perfection

Did you try that intentionally, or get that via randomize?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2013, 02:22:25 pm »

That was intentional, after getting an elasticity robe via random and then seeing if I could get it to bounce itself higher, and then noticing I was damaging the dummy while I was careening around the hub like a pinball on five different varieties of speed. It ended up with... that. Repulsion wand + elasticity robe. You never slow down, cannot be hurt, and one-shot (or at least one-passthrough) doctorate level bosses. It is utterly ridiculous.

Also one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen in a videogame. +1, magicmaker. +1.
Ask not!
Ask!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2013, 02:40:11 pm »

So you're saying you managed to find a metroid  powerup in magicmaker? That sounds a bunch like the Speed Booster.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2013, 02:43:46 pm »

... yeah, pretty much. Metroid had some cancellation conditions though, didn't it? This thing... doesn't. You never really have to stop.
Ask not!
Ask!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2013, 03:08:25 pm »

It did, but those let you explode things or shinespark, so it was less cancel and more continuer of whatever you were doing. If you stopped moving was the only real cancel.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2013, 03:15:54 pm »

This game is beyond fun, I downloaded it last night, playing it today.

But, how do I get more than one wand/spell?
I need to put something interesting here.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2013, 03:27:08 pm »

Wait, you can cast all those effects at once or in separate spells? I haven't unlocked the other spell slots and don't know how I would do so.

Normally, you're limited to 3/4 slots in which to equip effects. However, if you modify the save file directly, you can shove a pile of other stuff into it. I think I ended up with around 30 materials packed onto it before my game started crashing. (That is, the file flat out refused to load, or trying to view the wand stats caused a CTD.)

How does one modify the save file?

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2013, 03:28:04 pm »

I'm trying to download it but my laptop keeps giving me a network connection error message, any tips?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2013, 03:31:16 pm »

How does one modify the save file?
Looks like the savefiles are plain text editable, if not exactly clear what everything does. I imagine turning a lot of the 0s in higher numbers would result in the mentioned shenanigans.
Ask not!
Ask!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2013, 03:32:10 pm »

Oh dear lord

Frumple that thing you discovered is the most hilarious bug feature ever

I just beat the forest doctorate boss in 15 seconds by pinballing around it