Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Magicmaker Alpha 0.9 Update(2013.11.25)  (Read 25472 times)

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
Re: Magicmaker
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2013, 09:13:08 am »

So this is surprisingly addictive. I honestly had plans for those 3 hours, and the next few...

Sadly it slows down to a crawl if I go for more pyrotechnical spells; guess it's only so far you can go with a shitty Acer laptop from 4 years ago.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2013, 09:13:38 am »

Hehe, a Soul Contract has 0 health reduction on my wand.
Free extra power!

I have found out more efficient ways, and now I have a wand of trailing sparking fire murder and a spell that can be summed up as "destroys everything". This game is super addictive. I'll totally buy this when you have to pay for it. Hell, I'd even pay for it in this state.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 11:14:41 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2013, 11:37:58 am »

Sadly it slows down to a crawl if I go for more pyrotechnical spells; guess it's only so far you can go with a shitty Acer laptop from 4 years ago.

I duno if you know this or not, but if you don't: You could try talking to the Artist guy and remove some of the visual effects from your spells. It might look less awesome but it should run better.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2013, 01:45:06 pm »

So yea...found my broken combo to use in a spell, Chaos, Lightning Rod, Mana Drain, Split Projectile(if you dont have a 4 slot spell or high rank lightning rod then dont bother). Then you equip mana shield and health regen onto robes, wand use for teleport(multiple cast and teleport, use enhancement).

The thing with fire is each enemy on fire does an aoe check to catch other enemies on fire, Fun alternative is poison and lightning rod with a strong amount of stealth on robes.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2013, 02:05:16 pm »

I love the bosses in this game and the fact they they vary at least slightly between degree levels. The ones on associate/bachelor are fairly easy (imo) but the difficulty goes up after that.

EDIT: Oh yeah, also, is it just me or are the level layouts random each time you enter? It seems that way, but maybe not.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 02:11:23 pm by freeformschooler »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2013, 02:12:52 pm »

I remember the archaeologist saying that he couldn't simply give you a map showing the locations of the gems because they were in random places. It makes sense that the levels would be at least pseudo-random.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2013, 02:18:32 pm »

They're pretty random, yeah. The levels themselves seem fairly random and parts of the bosses seem to choose from a pool of available parts (which can mean that one boss fight wrecks you, but doing it again at the same difficulty results in a cakewalk. The mouth core on the forest boss is a particularly good example of it going easier, and the hammer on the castle one the other direction.), so you've got a pretty good chunk of variability. You also get new gimmicks/monsters coming in at the higher levels of the maps (forest master includes fairy queen, castle master starts throwing those goddamn books at you, etc.).

In other news, I did eventually manage to drop doctorate castle. It is goddamn miserable, even with abusing arguably buggy weapons (spider silk + optic lens + homing + dig) due to those damned books. The lower parts of the map in particular tend to end up freaking lousy with books flying every which way after a fairly short period of time. S'pretty unpleasant.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 02:21:50 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2013, 02:56:08 pm »

They're pretty random, yeah. The levels themselves seem fairly random and parts of the bosses seem to choose from a pool of available parts (which can mean that one boss fight wrecks you, but doing it again at the same difficulty results in a cakewalk. The mouth core on the forest boss is a particularly good example of it going easier, and the hammer on the castle one the other direction.), so you've got a pretty good chunk of variability. You also get new gimmicks/monsters coming in at the higher levels of the maps (forest master includes fairy queen, castle master starts throwing those goddamn books at you, etc.).

That makes sense. I noticed the Forest bosses that stayed in one played were remarkably more easy than the ones whose cores moved around.

Meanwhile, Blade+Beam makes the most hilarious combinations.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2013, 03:02:07 pm »

This one deserves to be dotted.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2013, 03:29:02 pm »

SKY JOUSTING

I JUST NEED A LITTLE MORE STICKY SLIME also sorry for spamming the thread, I'm done now.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2013, 03:31:59 pm »

I found a pretty cool basic-level spell: String + Rock + Crystal Ball. Goes through walls, homes in on enemies, and the trail from the string can be murder. The trick is to aim the spell so that it orbits the enemy rather than hit it directly.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2013, 04:26:41 pm »

String+Explosive powder can be devastating.  When the string falls, it blows up in a glorious chain reaction.  I like fear too, it disables turrets and  monsters for easy kills

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2013, 05:15:27 pm »

This is fun! My favorite spell so far is Illusion Dust + Explosive Powder + Ninja Sword + Philosopher's Stone, using a wand with two each of Rift Crystals and fairy wings. Teleport in, explode everything, and teleport out.

I find using MIRV volleys of Illusion Dust + Explosion Powder + Seashell + Crystal Ball amusing. It's not the most powerful, but it has the virtue of "explosions everywhere."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2013, 05:18:00 pm »

SKY JOUSTING

I JUST NEED A LITTLE MORE STICKY SLIME also sorry for spamming the thread, I'm done now.

How did you make that gif?
It's FEF, not FEOF

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2013, 05:24:11 pm »

Now that I have plenty of rank A stuff, its fun messing around
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16