Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Magicmaker Alpha 0.9 Update(2013.11.25)  (Read 25473 times)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magicmaker
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2013, 11:46:16 pm »

I know it's an alpha, but damn they need to do some bugfixing. Minimizing crashed the game, and if the save is corrupted again I may just have to wait for a more stable version.

I recommend frequently backing up saves. At least, that's what I've been doing since my first save got corrupted.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2013, 11:47:16 pm »

The one in the chest above the artifact equipman.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2013, 11:51:30 pm »

Oh. I think it's supposed to be a hat or something, but you're not supposed to get it until partially through his questline. He'll comment on it once you get there as usual.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2013, 11:55:28 pm »

I know it's an alpha, but damn they need to do some bugfixing. Minimizing crashed the game, and if the save is corrupted again I may just have to wait for a more stable version.

I recommend frequently backing up saves. At least, that's what I've been doing since my first save got corrupted.
Last time the save corrupted, I was about an hour into it. I turned off the game and went to bed. Today, the save was ruined and I had to start over. And that was from me saving and quitting normally. What am I supposed to do, quit and make another backup every ten minutes?

Oh. I think it's supposed to be a hat or something, but you're not supposed to get it until partially through his questline. He'll comment on it once you get there as usual.
This time I waited until he specifically told me to get the chest, and it still contained an invalid item. Bugfixing is still required.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2013, 11:59:45 pm »

This time I waited until he specifically told me to get the chest, and it still contained an invalid item. Bugfixing is still required.

Huh. I dunno, it contained an invalid item when I tried, but he commented on it like I'd finished the task. "Just a dusty old hat" or something. Maybe just the text needs changed?

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2013, 12:08:49 am »

The wind, on the other hand (master+)... that can get you. You basically can't stay in the air when that's going, but there's a lot of platforms to make contact with to stop from being dragged along by it, so it's usually not too bad.
Turns out a diamond's knockback protection also works on wind, if it annoys you as much as it does me.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2013, 12:36:30 am »

What am I supposed to do, quit and make another backup every ten minutes?

That's what I'm currently doing :(

Hopefully it will be fixed by next patch, but until then see here for the forum post on their forum about the error and a solution that (sort of) worked for me (the save was still rather buggy though).
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2013, 12:53:49 am »

So many cool spell effect combinations! Only on D-Rank stuff, but Melodysprite is rocking a wand of Homing Terrain-Piercing Magic Missiles, and a Faystep AoE Teleport-Attack spell.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2013, 01:38:47 am »

Something this game could use quite badly: an actual set of options for video! There's so many glows and particle effects going on, especially in the forested areas, that it's eating into my already-poor framerate. I'd like to be able to turn some of them off, like the butterflies that seemingly nest all over the place in groups many dozens large.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2013, 06:20:20 am »

The wind, on the other hand (master+)... that can get you. You basically can't stay in the air when that's going, but there's a lot of platforms to make contact with to stop from being dragged along by it, so it's usually not too bad.
Turns out a diamond's knockback protection also works on wind, if it annoys you as much as it does me.
Also, crouching reduces the effects of the wind. It probably also works for the Mouth Core's vacuum attack, but I've never really tried. I prefer to just set it on fire and let that do the work for me.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2013, 11:01:39 am »

Last time the save corrupted, I was about an hour into it. I turned off the game and went to bed. Today, the save was ruined and I had to start over. And that was from me saving and quitting normally. What am I supposed to do, quit and make another backup every ten minutes?

Something this game could use quite badly: an actual set of options for video! There's so many glows and particle effects going on, especially in the forested areas, that it's eating into my already-poor framerate. I'd like to be able to turn some of them off, like the butterflies that seemingly nest all over the place in groups many dozens large.

If it's a CTD on loading your save, certain character customization options do that. (I managed to consistently crash it with a green beret, dark green tattered cloak, beady eyes.)  Opening the save in a basic text editor and erasing the text on a line that ends in 'E' resets your appearance so, if it's the same bug, you can get around it that way. (It's the 5th line or thereabouts; already been reported and acknowledged on the official forums.)

It doesn't change anything; just an invalid item name. (Already been reported and acknowledged on the official forums.)

Have you tried disabling some of the spell effects by talking to the NPC on the 3rd floor, above the wand guy?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 11:39:09 am by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2013, 11:07:14 am »

I get poor framerate in the master forest dungeon, and when entering the dungeon (butterflies)  Even a setting to lower the number of ... whatever you call the leaves and butterflies, background effect?  on screen at any time would help my framerate a lot

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2013, 12:47:52 pm »

For people with corrupted saves, this might help.
Quote from: Developer
It looks like this is an issue with character customization not saving properly. I don't know how soon I can fix this but I will get it done as soon as I figure it out.

For now, you can work around this issue by opening up SAVEFILE in notepad, and deleting the twelve numbers in line 7 before the E. (Keeping the E is important, or else the game will lock up) This will reset your character appearance to the default look, and the game should load properly.
Worked perfectly for me.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2013, 01:09:42 pm »

Oh my... I tried poking the save file a bit this morning and got some... fascinating results.

4x, Rank A (Crystal Ball + Illusion Dust + Lightning Rod + Magic Boomerang + Rock + Spider Silk + Seashell + Noxious Spore + Diamonds).

Specifically, I got a screenfull of fancy special effects, then my computer decided to self-immolate.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 01:12:08 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2013, 01:16:28 pm »

Wait, you can cast all those effects at once or in separate spells? I haven't unlocked the other spell slots and don't know how I would do so.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16