Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Magicmaker Alpha 0.9 Update(2013.11.25)  (Read 25486 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magicmaker
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2013, 07:49:03 pm »

Sorry S was just a quite type reaction.

I am really used to there being an "above A-rank"

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2013, 08:05:34 pm »

Don't believe any of the levels are biased toward particular material types, though.
I'm not sure that's 100% true, but the bias isn't noticable. I seem to find more Blood Contract and Shade Spirits in the Castle, and I'm pretty sure I see more Fairy Wing drops from the Forest(not from the fairies, however). I could be wrong and there is no bias, since the drop rates I'm seeing could just be that part of the random range.

That said, it would make sense(possibly added in a later version?) for some monsters to drop some materials more often, such as fairies dropping wings, spiders dropping silk, etc.

Actually its size increase becomes really valuable if you combine it with a chaos butterfly.
... which is very pretty, but fairly useless :P
Bigger beam = bigger hitbox, I think. Also, about the butterfly, it does more damage every time it changes direction.

I've found that Beam+Rock(particularly A-Rank) can cut through nearly anything. It's worth remembering that beams still calculate distances the way normal shots do, meaning that a beam with a low-ranked Rock effect will only go through so much terrain. I think I'll need to test whether adding a shot-speed boost to that will make it go through more dirt, but since I already have A-Rank Rock, it's unneccessary.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2013, 08:10:05 pm »

Rock is nearly impossible not to use in the early game since every boss is surrounded by platforms. Making it very difficult to hit them without.

Unless that changes later on all my current spells use rock.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2013, 08:18:32 pm »

Rock is nearly impossible not to use in the early game since every boss is surrounded by platforms. Making it very difficult to hit them without.

Unless that changes later on all my current spells use rock.
Exactly why I use beams. They can shoot through platforms going down as well as up, while projectiles can't go down through platforms only up.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2013, 08:30:21 pm »

How do you get a forth slot on a wand? I've done all the quests and beaten each level at all difficulties.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2013, 08:31:17 pm »

Go into the vault

Oh I read that as spell. nevermind I have no idea
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 08:35:14 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2013, 08:35:41 pm »

Which chest? I opened all of them, and got a forth spell slot as well as the artefacts, but no forth wand slot. Now I think of it, there was an invalid item in the first desert chest. Was that it?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2013, 08:37:35 pm »

Which chest? I opened all of them, and got a forth spell slot as well as the artefacts, but no forth wand slot. Now I think of it, there was an invalid item in the first desert chest. Was that it?

Hmm I got an invalid quest item from the main castle. Hmmm

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2013, 08:39:34 pm »

The main castle one is a hat. Tis a mystery what the desert one is though...
It's FEF, not FEOF

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2013, 08:41:56 pm »

Hmm I got an invalid quest item from the main castle. Hmmm
I think that's meant to be a hat that you will need to collect in order to add it to the character customisation later in development when not all customisation items are available at the start.

FAKEEDIT: What he said. :P

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2013, 09:25:05 pm »

I decided to try a limited material challenge run, to see if I could. One single F material to one equipment for easy difficulty, Only Fs save a single D in the next, then Ds with a single C, and finally Cs with a single B at the doctorate level. Things were going well enough, until I got an invalid quest item instead of my wand upgrade.

Near as I can tell from a few brief resets, it's random whether the first vault chest from the desert is a wand upgrade or an invalid quest item.

Converting 0s to 1s in the save file didn't unlock or upgrade anything, but I did get the keys to open the rest of the vault.
Spoiler: Spoilery contents (click to show/hide)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2013, 09:40:09 pm »

That one was the wand upgrade for me. Wait, did you take the first desert quest before getting it? I dunno if they would affect it.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2013, 09:52:12 pm »

That one was the wand upgrade for me. Wait, did you take the first desert quest before getting it? I dunno if they would affect it.
I can't remember, so no help there. I might try mucking with the save file, see if I can activate it or find out why it didn't work.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2013, 09:55:57 pm »

Here's a weird bug: If you play the game in a window, and then go to the Continue screen, the game automatically forces itself back into fullscreen. Kinda annoying, because you have to re-enable the window and pick the proper resolution every time you start it back up again :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2013, 09:59:11 pm »

Here's a weird bug: If you play the game in a window, and then go to the Continue screen, the game automatically forces itself back into fullscreen. Kinda annoying, because you have to re-enable the window and pick the proper resolution every time you start it back up again :/

Yes. This is the most annoying bug IMO.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16