Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 911069 times)

Needs More Pickles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 5th August
« Reply #1185 on: August 05, 2016, 08:31:49 pm »

Was all set to settle into a bit of kobold camping, when I stumbled across a minor issue.  The option in the GUI to change group size and points and embark doesn't seem to be working. It seems to be automatically using the designated points from the world gen parameters and default 7 group size regardless of what I specify.

The group size settings aren't working at the moment because DFHack removed or renamed the variable they try to change. The points setting in the launcher doesn't work, but they can be changed with the points DFHack script while choosing an embark location.

dcj64

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 06, 2016, 04:05:14 pm »

I have downloaded the latest release a number of times and Windows defender keeps finding this trojan, Win32/Rundas!plock, I first noticed a problem with the utility Announcement Window, kept getting removed, not sure what is happening. I have run a system scan on my PC, no problems, only a problem when I download Masterwork?
Anyone else having an issue? I am assuming not  :-[

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 06, 2016, 04:36:08 pm »

PTW

Also: Given that Masterwork is two versions behind from vanilla, are those fixes and tweaks from these two vanilla versions particularly game changing or otherwise vital?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1188 on: August 06, 2016, 04:44:31 pm »

PTW

Also: Given that Masterwork is two versions behind from vanilla, are those fixes and tweaks from these two vanilla versions particularly game changing or otherwise vital?
no, the main change is that the new DF is 64bit.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 06, 2016, 04:52:32 pm »

so why do I crash when I try to play adventure mode using this?

EDIT:I turned it too vanilla graphics and color and adventure mode works now

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 06, 2016, 05:07:20 pm »

PTW

no, the main change is that the new DF is 64bit.

0.43.04 also had a combat overhaul that makes all those material properties you have in the raws matter.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 29th July
« Reply #1191 on: August 07, 2016, 04:06:35 am »

I'm also getting spammed with
Code: [Select]
...\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:116: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
...\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:116: in function 'getitemType'
...\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:126: in function 'handler'
...\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:166: in function 'equipHandler'
...\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:175: in function <...\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:169>

whenever an herbalist's inventory changes while carrying Sweet Galena (can't tell if it's plants, leaves, or both). I'm playing as Succubi, only a couple weeks into a fort. I also have Patreon Rewards unchecked in the settings, so I'm surprised to see the plants growing.

I think this is happening any time anydwarf picks up a fruit, of any type.  I added some debug lines and every time that error happens it is on a fruit (and I've not seen a fruit that doesn't give that error).  Oddly, other plants don't seem to hit that part of the code, so I'm guessing there is something unexpected with fruit that the script doesn't handle. It is keying off there being a subtype (fruit is itemType 55, subtype 2 in my game), but there isn't a subtypedef (whatever that is).

And the patreon stuff just doesn't disable properly with the launcher option (at least in terms of the smokeables).

Edit:  I've had it fire on capers, strawberries and a couple leaves now too.  All itemtype 55, capers are subtype 1, leaves and strawberries were subtype 0.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 04:23:47 am by arbarbonif »

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
  • I stream DF. People watch it. I'm happy.
    • View Profile
    • I'm streaming DF every now and then
« Reply #1192 on: August 07, 2016, 05:24:34 am »

On a sidenote, I've returned to streaming DF: Masterwork, for those who are interested in the mod!

Stream can be found here: https://goo.gl/zgOABw!

"I managed to escape but my limbs are chopped off. Now what?" - DF wiki.

DaSwayza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 08, 2016, 02:46:19 am »

I'm having a region issue that I can't pinpoint. I can create a world just fine, start playing either fortress or adventure, and turn off the game just fine, but when I go to play the same world I've created, it crashes when "Rebuilding Temporary Information". I've tried this on several maps with no luck. Any thoughts?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1194 on: August 08, 2016, 06:18:02 am »

I'm having a region issue that I can't pinpoint. I can create a world just fine, start playing either fortress or adventure, and turn off the game just fine, but when I go to play the same world I've created, it crashes when "Rebuilding Temporary Information". I've tried this on several maps with no luck. Any thoughts?
Could you upload this? I want to try. Someone else mentioned that he cant load saves, it crashes at the "Loading Artefacts" point.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 08, 2016, 07:56:45 am »

This does sound very similar to what I had everytime i tried to load my backup/orginal it would crash at Loading Artefacts I haven't had this since 1.13, it does seem like some maps are generated a bit iffy maybe?
LP'er

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 08, 2016, 08:36:08 am »

Edit: Nevermind. Got nothing.

Edit 2: Though actually, do I recall there being a crashing problem with TESB before? Because I have it disabled, but in one of the saves that started working by freak chance, I can select pet granite as a pet, and as it's loading, DFHack mentions living stone (both on the semi-working saves and non-working saves), again despite having it disabled from the very beginning. So if there is a problem with TESB, and the launcher is failing to remove TESB as requested, then that could be part of the problem.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 10:00:23 am by bennerman »

Thelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 08, 2016, 10:53:02 am »

It crashes for me too... but not everytime. I keep insisting and eventually it loads and I can continue playing.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: August 08, 2016, 11:13:32 am »

I'm guessing that's what happened when I thought I had fixed it originally. Had a bunch of times in a row where everything would load fine.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 08, 2016, 02:07:25 pm »

Edit: Nevermind. Got nothing.

Edit 2: Though actually, do I recall there being a crashing problem with TESB before? Because I have it disabled, but in one of the saves that started working by freak chance, I can select pet granite as a pet, and as it's loading, DFHack mentions living stone (both on the semi-working saves and non-working saves), again despite having it disabled from the very beginning. So if there is a problem with TESB, and the launcher is failing to remove TESB as requested, then that could be part of the problem.
Hi bennerman, Meph leaves some "sneak previews" in for unselected mods, and for TESB that is the Pet Granite.  BTW the crashiness associated with TESB should be irradiated in MW 1.13. What mention did you see of Living Stone in your game?  If you are seeing

Urist McMiner has awakened a creature of Living Limestone
Urist McMiner has incurred the wrath of an Awakened Limestone
You have struck hidden onyx!

then the mod's DFHack scripts are definitely active.  Remember to make changes from the Masterwork GUI take effect you need to generate a new world.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 166