Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 931999 times)

13thEssence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 29th June
« Reply #1095 on: July 11, 2016, 01:33:48 am »

MW hasn't worked for me since v1.05. I hoped it was just a thing but it seems something was changed in 1.06 that doesn't like my computer.  Please tell me what you need from me to help locate this issue to fix it.

I can still run 1.05 fine - it stats up and plays.  With 1.06, 1.07, and 1.08, all extracted to their own folders exactly like 1.05, I navigate to the folder and open the Masterwork.exe file (blue gear icon).  The splash screen for MW (that says it's loading) shows up as usual, but the main MW window with all the options never happens. There's no error msg or crash notification..........

V1.09 works. MW window loads, game launches. Haven't played yet, but all looks good. Thanks!

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 8th July
« Reply #1096 on: July 11, 2016, 02:48:16 pm »

Found a  bug that *might* be related to the moutian crashing bug

I did an intense search while in the moutians, several different ranges at different times, and each time it froze up and crashed

this bug(s) is making traversing any sort of moutian range time consuming and a hassle. Its like going through a minefield

the only way to cross it is to save VERY often and if you reach a point where if you cross and it constantly crashes, rest for like an hour and it *should* be moved somewhere else
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 02:56:31 pm by Metaltooth »
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: July 12, 2016, 04:06:00 am »

Found a  bug that *might* be related to the moutian crashing bug

I did an intense search while in the moutians, several different ranges at different times, and each time it froze up and crashed

this bug(s) is making traversing any sort of moutian range time consuming and a hassle. Its like going through a minefield

the only way to cross it is to save VERY often and if you reach a point where if you cross and it constantly crashes, rest for like an hour and it *should* be moved somewhere else

If there's a mountain crash bug and you're crashing in the mountains... you're probably running into the very same bug, not a related one.

wickys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: July 13, 2016, 09:04:38 am »

Hey can I get the Small Things Mod that you updated and the combined Stals Armory Pack and Historic Arms and Armors? I like those mods but I'd rather have them in vanilla DF. Also are you using a combat mod?

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: July 13, 2016, 09:12:26 am »

Hey can I get the Small Things Mod that you updated and the combined Stals Armory Pack and Historic Arms and Armors? I like those mods but I'd rather have them in vanilla DF. Also are you using a combat mod?
I think the idea is for a lot of that mod stuff to be customizable so people can have whatever they want rather than everyone is forced to get the same stuff
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

wickys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: July 13, 2016, 09:14:07 am »

I think the idea is for a lot of that mod stuff to be customizable so people can have whatever they want rather than everyone is forced to get the same stuff

Yeah but I don't want the added crap of Masterwork. I don't want thousands of new races and new workshops and new civilizations. I want some new prefstrings and more armor and weapons. And if he combined Stal and Grimlock's mod somehow I'd like to have only that

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1101 on: July 13, 2016, 09:20:42 am »

Wickys, what exactly is your excuse to barge in, ask me to do work for you for no other reason than that you want something of me, while calling most of the content I create crap?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1102 on: July 13, 2016, 09:26:26 am »

Agreed, that's a bit rude. If you want the mods changed, do it yourself.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 13, 2016, 03:07:03 pm »

I thought I'd give Masterwork another whirl based on a passing whim.  I hate to ask, but is there a version for 42.06 still available for download, or is the most recent legacy build 34.11?  I ask because while the title of the thread and DFFD entry indicate 42.06, the file requirements on DFFD specifies 43.03 for the present version (v1.09), as does the filename for the download itself. 

EDIT: I mean, it's no problem if it's been superseded by the new version. I'm mostly just hanging back because I'm a Therapist player.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:34:24 pm by Culise »

armok of blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 13, 2016, 03:31:41 pm »

Are there plans for a mac version?
It's not like an idea has to make sense for people to cling to it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1105 on: July 13, 2016, 03:41:09 pm »

I thought I'd give Masterwork another whirl based on a passing whim.  I hate to ask, but is there a version for 42.06 still available for download, or is the most recent legacy build 34.11?  I ask because while the title of the thread and DFFD entry indicate 42.06, the file requirements on DFFD specifies 43.03 for the present version (v1.09), as does the filename for the download itself. 

EDIT: I mean, it's no problem if it's been superseded by the new version. I'm mostly just hanging back because I'm a Therapist player.
Therapist for 43.03 is included.

Are there plans for a mac version?
not from my end, since I dont have a mac. If a player wants to make one, I'd be more than happy to share it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 13, 2016, 05:02:18 pm »

Thank you.  Perhaps it's indeed time to upgrade, then. :3

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1107 on: July 13, 2016, 05:18:07 pm »

Thank you.  Perhaps it's indeed time to upgrade, then. :3
Once you learn to love the new job manager system in 43.xx you'll never go back.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 14, 2016, 04:36:28 am »

Any chance of integrating some of the Direforged content with Masterwork?  Direforged has some really cool additions and is my go-to mod for DF, and while it's not hard to add it to a Masterwork install, it'd be cool to see it more directly integrated.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

MechaJeb Kerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: July 14, 2016, 03:19:00 pm »

Awesome, awesome, awesome :3

One thing though, it crashes when butchering an animal, 'Baribusa Sow of Glass'. in the error log there is this:
Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_random_myth_beast_standard_mdf.txt"
SEAL_ANIMAL_WEEVIL BP Add Type GELDABLE Was Not Used

Any suggestions how to fix/prevent that please?

edit: Also, I have a huge surplus of leather, so i was wondering, are there any leather clothes/shoes that the non-military dwarves will wear?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 03:26:40 pm by MechaJeb Kerman »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 166