Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 931847 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version!
« Reply #960 on: June 12, 2016, 10:29:35 am »

That first set of DFHack errors looks like a problem adding pets to the Succubus civ, but it shouldn't cause any lingering FPS issues.  Not familiar with the latest version of Legends Viewer.

Sorry that I don't have a definitive cause for you.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Mirrond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: June 12, 2016, 10:48:56 am »

... although i admit your "No Labor" construction problem from earlier looks pretty buggy, if it fixed itself on a game restart.
100% repair rate after restarting the game. So, well, I believe it is some sort of bug. It happens almost everytime after launching the game for the first time, sometimes after launching it again the next day after, and often after using the fastdwarf command in Dfhack. Practically every month after using it, part of dwarfs gets buggy and ceases to work, until everyone is on strike. Relaunch fixes that too. That's pretty much everything I noticed about this bug.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: June 12, 2016, 10:56:43 am »

... although i admit your "No Labor" construction problem from earlier looks pretty buggy, if it fixed itself on a game restart.
100% repair rate after restarting the game. So, well, I believe it is some sort of bug. It happens almost everytime after launching the game for the first time, sometimes after launching it again the next day after, and often after using the fastdwarf command in Dfhack. Practically every month after using it, part of dwarfs gets buggy and ceases to work, until everyone is on strike. Relaunch fixes that too. That's pretty much everything I noticed about this bug.

Oh, well, if it's correlated with something particularly hacky like fastdwarf, that's very good information, but Meph won't be able to do anything about that.  Are you using autolabor too?  Does it happen to you in vanilla too if you fastdwarf?  (ed. if so, then it's worth a report to the DFHack team)

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: June 12, 2016, 10:59:34 am »

BTW, is Legends Viewer working properly with Masterwork for everyone else? When I try to export from legends mode I get this error:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And using Legends Viewer I then get a thing saying "the file is damaged, do you want to repair it", click yes, wait a bit, "repair completed", wait a bit more and then "Unhandled exception has occurred" and it won't have loaded anything.

"Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: historical_event. historical_events. df_world. Line 993358. position 1.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have the exact same problem. It does not work at all when you do the DFhack export, and even when I manually export through the Legends viewer, It works only about 70% of the time before I get an Unhandled Exception as you did. Its really annoying cause I like to Legends view every world I generate with the Utility.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 12, 2016, 11:17:21 am »

Strange, I used Dfhack export for Legends viewer in my succession game no problem .

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: June 12, 2016, 11:42:09 am »

Running "Reload -all" in DFHack seemed to fix the FPS issues

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: June 13, 2016, 12:44:08 am »

Argh, post the save before you fix the problem so I might actually have a chance to see what it is.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #967 on: June 13, 2016, 08:30:12 am »

so a silly little temporary fix would be to force dfhack to run reload -all every now and then.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: June 13, 2016, 08:45:10 am »

Argh, post the save before you fix the problem so I might actually have a chance to see what it is.
Sorry - I've been trying to upload the save, but my internet connection's gone haywire so keeps getting interrupted.

And it seems like the legends problem is specifically with DFHack's export functions - exporting manually through DF and just going without the extra file DFHack generates, and it seems to work basically fine

Mirrond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: June 13, 2016, 09:14:10 am »

Oh, well, if it's correlated with something particularly hacky like fastdwarf, that's very good information, but Meph won't be able to do anything about that.  Are you using autolabor too?  Does it happen to you in vanilla too if you fastdwarf?  (ed. if so, then it's worth a report to the DFHack team)
Yes, correlated, but it still happen even without that. No, I am not using autolabor... I think. I think someone here told me to use some command as a mean of repairing the Strike bug which I used (didn't work though) but I am not sure if that was autolabor. I will try launch vanilla with fastdwarf after exams. If the bug will be confirmed to be caused by dfhack, I will certainly report it.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: June 13, 2016, 09:29:47 am »

so a silly little temporary fix would be to force dfhack to run reload -all every now and then.

You think it would maybe help to do it periodically even if user hasn't experienced the FPS slowdown yet?

Reload -all generates errors related to TWBT, so it may not be totally benign.  Maybe also clears Workflow orders?

Tygroux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: June 13, 2016, 04:57:00 pm »

My game has been annoyingly crashy recently. At first I though DF was being DF, but I have to resign, it's Masterwork's fault.
So before I go deeper into bug hunting:
What's the most likely source of random crash every few months: the raws, dfhack, the entire map being constantly on fire because I forgot how to succubus, or DF not handling the whole combined awesomeness?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: June 13, 2016, 06:20:32 pm »

1. DFhack.
2. Map on fire.
3. Raws.

Combined awesomeness is, in my quite comprehensive experience, not enough to crash the game.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: June 13, 2016, 08:08:45 pm »

I have been finding that turning off TWBT cuts down heavily on the number of crashes. I was getting crashes every few months but with TWBT off its a crash every few years.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #974 on: June 14, 2016, 02:35:23 am »

In the TWBT thread someone reported that its multilevel that crashes it for him, entering multilevel 0 gets rid of the problem, while still keeping TWBT active for the new overrides of workshops and items.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 166