Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 931641 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version!
« Reply #810 on: May 19, 2016, 04:53:27 am »

how do i get more succubi babies if they are all girls

You know, when a succubus and an incubus love each other...

If you corrupt visitors or invaders you can also set things up if no male show up.
Edit: That would take a lot of luck to get a marriage in the fort. Partners needs to not have more than 10 years of age difference, be heterosexual, want marriage and have similar opinions. It is already very rare in dwarf mode and I cannot believe how rare it will be for immortal creatures from two different cultures.

I made babies a rarity on purpose.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 03:39:55 am by Boltgun »

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 19, 2016, 11:54:00 am »

Alright, I got a save that is consistently crashing now. I've played 5 times off this save, and within 5-15 minutes every time it crashes. No idea why.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6a7clh75w33txz9/AAD01csaLUy1wubOH9C0vzDya?dl=0

Just wanna do one more check, to see if anyone knows what the heck is causing this save to crash. I was enjoying this save a whole lot.

MegaHarald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: May 19, 2016, 06:45:33 pm »

For some reason I can't change tileset to Phoebus, it just defaults back to another one.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: May 20, 2016, 01:09:55 am »

Something Else I wanted to ask about kobolds. Are they no longer Okay with butchering sentient creatures? In the Legacy version they were, and I was wondering why they have a problem with it now?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: May 20, 2016, 01:23:01 pm »

Are the prisoners going to share some of the plmump helmet man interactions?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Hauwke

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf trainer?
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 21, 2016, 05:49:44 am »

I have tried to install this and a few other mods. How do I actually install this one? Do I unzip it and copy it into a specific place and generate a new world to access the features? Or can I just take it unzip it, copy it straight to raw and continue playing from there?
To dorf or not to dorf, that is the question.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #816 on: May 21, 2016, 06:39:34 am »

I have tried to install this and a few other mods. How do I actually install this one? Do I unzip it and copy it into a specific place and generate a new world to access the features? Or can I just take it unzip it, copy it straight to raw and continue playing from there?
Download, unpack, play. Do NOT unpack it into other folders, raws or DF versions.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hauwke

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf trainer?
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 21, 2016, 08:34:53 am »

So just straight up unpack it and it will do the rest?
To dorf or not to dorf, that is the question.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 21, 2016, 09:05:28 am »

Yes, there's no real install like a program, it's just an archive with the files already set up. After unpacking, it is preferable to run using the Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.exe launcher, since this offers a very easy to use GUI for toggling options (selecting tilesets, enabling non-dwarf playable civs, etc), but this is more a configuration utility than an installer.

If you're installing other mods, you might run into problems. If you're overwriting files, it's probably going to break something. You might be able to merge the files manually provided this doesn't duplicate entries within the file itself. If you use the launcher to reconfigure something, it may also reset any manual changes you've made (depends what those changes were, and what options you select in the launcher).
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 09:07:21 am by Niveras »

MegaHarald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 21, 2016, 12:56:06 pm »

Guys is this unfixable or something? I really hate this tileset it gives me automatically.

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
  • Gobo the other white meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 21, 2016, 02:35:53 pm »

hey MegaHarald are you switching both the graphics font and the TWBT font because if you don't and you use TWBT it will use a different tile set than your graphics.
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

I will be so god damn proud if AMBASSADOR bites your head off.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 22, 2016, 02:41:04 am »

Has anyone actually seen the arctic stuff added Malecus's mod? I have seen the jotun civ, but haven't seen the plants/grass/vermin/etc other stuff that is supposed to have gotten added. I have tried tundra and glacier, no luck on either.

Edit: Nevermind, just after posting, I finally find some. It seems most tundra doesn't get it, just a few tundra biomes, and I haven't seen any glaciers with this stuff yet. Maybe I just haven't looked at enough yet.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 03:24:19 am by cerevox »

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: May 22, 2016, 07:48:59 am »

If I can, I would like to give some feedback. I could post more in the future as long as I discover things in this new version (I played the olde one).

1) I saw the Finishing Forge workshop. I think it's a nice addition for a fort. What it seems like to lack is those new kind of blunt and slash ammunition the classic Metalsmith's Forge has.
2) It seems all those new workshops have all the perimeter walkeable: while this is good for the fortress speed, it also looks like being different from what is vanilla. Also, this open a problem for magma workshops, since because they don't have a "blocked" tile, they are a free opening into the fortress for what lurks into the magma. (Those things both discomfort me a little.)
3) I again can't see boulder crabs drop stone eggs. Was this discarted from the old version? It was cool.
4) Does the weight bench actually work? I have a dwarf Urist McWeak training for more than one year, and I cannot see improvements.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: May 22, 2016, 01:15:03 pm »

Let me think... a race that has a maximum age of 15 years, can only survive on bones/meat, and has the size of a dwarves leg.

Yep, I think its normal that they get beaten down into pulp.

Reading back over this I thought of something. Are Kobolds not supposed to be among the most populous of races in DF? I mean, I recall in vanilla world Gen, that Goblins and Kobolds were the most populous of the races. Now in every world gen, they are pretty much slated to die first. I mean, two of the most populous and iconic of the DF races getting so easily shoved out in world gen just feels odd. I thought part of Kobold lore was everyone basically ignores them and thinks of them as not worth warring against or raiding, (though that would certainly bring its own problems, being a lack of !FUN! coming to your fort). Geeze these smaller races seem harder and harder to balance with all the new stuff. :/

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #824 on: May 22, 2016, 02:28:56 pm »

Let me think... a race that has a maximum age of 15 years, can only survive on bones/meat, and has the size of a dwarves leg.

Yep, I think its normal that they get beaten down into pulp.

Reading back over this I thought of something. Are Kobolds not supposed to be among the most populous of races in DF? I mean, I recall in vanilla world Gen, that Goblins and Kobolds were the most populous of the races. Now in every world gen, they are pretty much slated to die first. I mean, two of the most populous and iconic of the DF races getting so easily shoved out in world gen just feels odd. I thought part of Kobold lore was everyone basically ignores them and thinks of them as not worth warring against or raiding, (though that would certainly bring its own problems, being a lack of !FUN! coming to your fort). Geeze these smaller races seem harder and harder to balance with all the new stuff. :/
If you'd recall vanilla Df correctly, you'd remember that kobolds are the race that always dies out completely.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 166