Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 932081 times)

Wheeljack

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes explosions for their BOOM
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK REBORN☼ - 40.24 - V.006 - Last Update: 27th March
« Reply #435 on: September 27, 2015, 10:32:34 am »

Caught a minor bug, or really just a misnamed file with regards to the launcher's would_gen editor.

Did some pretty extensive edits to some of the world gen parameters and went to reset them just a moment ago. When I hit reset, I got an error saying the file "world_gen.original" could not be found. Going into the init folder I found a file named "original world_gen" with no file extension. Renaming it fixed it just fine, though. Downloaded a fresh install of reborn just to make sure it wasn't a derp on my part and the download included the misnamed file too.

Figured I'd mention it just in case it hasn't been reported.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 27, 2015, 01:22:02 pm »

My Linux version is here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11174

Masterwork Reborn v0.06
latest git of dfhack (including a working stonesense)
latest git of Dwarf Therapist
latest git of Isoworld (not dfhack-included version; compiled myself)
soundSense added the old stoneSense.sh script

This appears to be all working on my linux box (Gentoo build), but are not well-tested at all - comments appreciated, it could use some work and cleanup.

I think I finally got rid of those old libpng.12.so links, they look like they were from the dfhack/stonesense/isoworld-included allegro libraries.  Those versions of those libs are still there, but moved to hack/libs/allegro-libs and not linked, as I've linked to my latest system-installed allegro libs.

Implementor37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 29, 2015, 02:31:06 pm »

Masterwork Reborn v0.06

I processed native platinum ore in the Ore Processor, and then smelted the pure Platinum into Platinum bars, and yet I cannot make Platinum items at the forge.  Has Mesterwork Reborn changed the building for this?  'Cuz I could really use a couple of ☼Platinum Warhammer☼ right now...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #438 on: September 29, 2015, 06:24:41 pm »

Masterwork Reborn v0.06

I processed native platinum ore in the Ore Processor, and then smelted the pure Platinum into Platinum bars, and yet I cannot make Platinum items at the forge.  Has Mesterwork Reborn changed the building for this?  'Cuz I could really use a couple of ☼Platinum Warhammer☼ right now...
Platinum is not a weapon material.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 29, 2015, 06:58:24 pm »

My Phoebus version fort has soulgem as a layer stone right below soil across the whole embark, looks very wierd.
Ironbone/bloodsteel, Gemforge etc will be missed, I was counting on them to get easy steel-grade metal anywhere. I guess it was too easy.
I couldn't find the castes and other customization decisions for dwarf mode in the GUI, the page was just blank.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 29, 2015, 10:25:25 pm »

Masterwork Reborn v0.06

Platinum is not a weapon material.

Woah, what? Why not?

I mean, I ask the same about vanilla, heh. Platinum is very strong, doesn't deform too much and is heavy as hell (which may be something to do with it). It makes good edged weapons and incredible blunt weapons.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 30, 2015, 01:13:11 am »

According to Dr. Wik I. Pedia, both Ancient Egypt and some unspecified Pre-Columbian culture had access to platinum but neither tried to use it as anything other than a jewelry/idolatry material. By the time Europeans got their hands on it they were already well into the gunpowder age and so most of their proposed uses were for chemistry. Just another case of material usage technically being anachronistic for DF's 1400's tech cut-off.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 30, 2015, 06:40:17 am »

Question: is the GUI I downloaded from here gone bad, or am I missing all the dwarf mode customization settings? The page is literally empty in the GUI, it's just the background picture.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

rem0nster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 30, 2015, 01:16:05 pm »

You might have downloaded an old version?

EDIT: nevermind, looks like masterwork reborn is missing a lot of features, I was using an older version.

my main problem is no embark profiles in the new version.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 01:22:06 pm by rem0nster »

Implementor37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 30, 2015, 02:47:34 pm »

So I can still get an artifact platinum warhammer...but can't specifically request one.  Ok.  Off to the material density charts to determine if silver or steel makes better blunt weapons now. ;D

Musaab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 02, 2015, 01:39:09 pm »

@Meph:

What's the status of "construct-creature" script?

Or any other creature spawning script.  I'm looking forward to that specifically.

Who's working on it?
It's done. Expwnent released a new version. There will be additions to it for equipment and location, best to write him a PM.

Meph, when are you back? When do we get updates on whats happening with MDF?
In 11 days.
the updates continue 1st september. because I'm back already, writing from my home pc. muhahah

I am ready for this information.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #446 on: October 02, 2015, 02:39:50 pm »

Crap.

Working on it. Today or tomorrow. ^^
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nuhaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 03, 2015, 02:06:22 am »

This mod is one of the best mods I've ever played from any game, and I've been around the modding block with many different games. In terms of enrichment of the base game, literally 10/10. Absolutely amazing. It gives me nostalgia trips of back in the day when I used to play Warcraft 3 Custom Maps all the time, as well as modded Morrowind. I've been playing MDF off and on for at least two years, give or take a couple months. It's actually inspired me to learn programming and design for game development.

Seriously, thank you Meph.
Before this mod, I never pitied the bad guys in any of the fantasy novels I'd read. The undead lich king always seemed like such an uber-menace, but now I know his secret pain of having morons for minions, a vampire doctor just waiting for him to go to sleep, and a constant feeling of anger and depression because he's one armor stand short in his bedroom suite.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #448 on: October 03, 2015, 04:30:28 pm »

I keep getting distracted by visitors. Have people over till monday...

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 03, 2015, 04:46:31 pm »

Put them into Human mode:

"Some visitors have arrived. <PAUSED>"

"The visitors are milling about."

"A visitor has accidentally knocked over the still!"

"A visitor has accidentally released a caged animal!"

"A visitor is drunk in the dining room and is in a foul mood!"

"A visitor has passed out in someone's bed."