Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 932118 times)

uberlalzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK REBORN☼ - 40.24 - V.006 - Last Update: 27th March
« Reply #405 on: September 01, 2015, 03:02:33 am »

Yeah sorry i tend to forget the golden rules of troubleshooting, when in doubt reinstall works a surprising amount of the time.

lightstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 01, 2015, 11:05:29 pm »

Hi,

I understand that the last update to Masterwork Reborn was in March. Just curious to know if the work is still going on, with the parts not developed by Meph (other civs, etc), and if they make it available separately as a download.

Also, if yes, where can I track development?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #407 on: September 02, 2015, 02:23:50 am »

Hi,

I understand that the last update to Masterwork Reborn was in March. Just curious to know if the work is still going on, with the parts not developed by Meph (other civs, etc), and if they make it available separately as a download.

Also, if yes, where can I track development?
Meph is cycling around the world, Smake (orcs) has 2 babies now, IndigoFenix (gnomes) abandoned them, Boltgun (Succubi) is working on the succubi, dilligent as always.

Wait ~2 weeks and I'm back home on my machine.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 02, 2015, 03:24:50 am »

Only..two more weeks...to wait for beloved dwarfiness creation to resume....*heavy breathing*...after several months of you biking...*heavy breathing*...the waiting...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #409 on: September 02, 2015, 04:21:32 am »

Only..two more weeks...to wait for beloved dwarfiness creation to resume....*heavy breathing*...after several months of you biking...*heavy breathing*...the waiting...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Comic sans?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 04, 2015, 12:52:21 pm »

What tool is used to generate the pre-defined biome maps used by some of the worldgen settings?

I'd like to use the desert map but I want to expand the forested area; however, I'm not sure how they were created in the first place?

I thought PerfectWorld could do it but it appears to only generate maps. While I can look at what's preset for the world gen, I can't modify it without simply generating a new map entirely (and then, I guess, painting it manually).

It also seems that attempting to assign a PW generated rainfall map to the worldgen settings crashes the program, but that's for me to hunt down in the PW thread moreso than here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #411 on: September 04, 2015, 02:05:33 pm »

What tool is used to generate the pre-defined biome maps used by some of the worldgen settings?

I'd like to use the desert map but I want to expand the forested area; however, I'm not sure how they were created in the first place?

I thought PerfectWorld could do it but it appears to only generate maps. While I can look at what's preset for the world gen, I can't modify it without simply generating a new map entirely (and then, I guess, painting it manually).

It also seems that attempting to assign a PW generated rainfall map to the worldgen settings crashes the program, but that's for me to hunt down in the PW thread moreso than here.
It was perfect world. What exactly makes you think that my presets were done with something else? Or to ask in a better way: What is it that you want to do?

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 04, 2015, 02:17:00 pm »

I'd like to use the desert map but I want to expand the forested area

In toying with it I think I know what to do to get the effect I want, my only problem now really is the fact that checking "Rainfall Map" under "Use Perfect World generated maps" causes it to crash. Not sure what I might be doing wrong but I will look into PW's support thread. Which may just require updating the WorldGen.xml file.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #413 on: September 04, 2015, 02:56:05 pm »

I never had it crash, so good luck with your idea. :) Let me know if it works or not.

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 06, 2015, 02:03:27 pm »

Until the disease mod and Apothecary is added back into Reborn, there are no diseases in Dwarf Fortress correct? There would be no sense in adding Halflings Disease mod separately (if that's even possible) without the Apothecary anyway to help cure them right? The lack of diseases and harder farming are what is keeping me from switching to reborn as much as I would love to.

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 12, 2015, 06:55:37 pm »

Until the disease mod and Apothecary is added back into Reborn, there are no diseases in Dwarf Fortress correct? There would be no sense in adding Halflings Disease mod separately (if that's even possible) without the Apothecary anyway to help cure them right? The lack of diseases and harder farming are what is keeping me from switching to reborn as much as I would love to.

Late to respond, but unless 0.40 added them, I don't think diseases occur. I do believe there are freak sicknesses that can occur from vanilla, but I've never, ever encountered one in at least 500+ forts, and the were nothing like MW diseases in action or ferocity. Only thing comparable is dust from forgotten beasts or evil clouds, but not quite what you want. :P

randomnation

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 17, 2015, 12:50:42 pm »

Is there any way to apply the accelerated modest mod/pedestals to this mod? I tried making adamantine cloaks a part of of my uniform and couldn't. There are hundreds of pages of leather, chitin and silk.

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 17, 2015, 06:04:45 pm »

Sooooooon.  Meph is gonna be back to his real job soon.   :D 

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 18, 2015, 11:30:51 am »

@Meph:

What's the status of "construct-creature" script?

Or any other creature spawning script.  I'm looking forward to that specifically.

Who's working on it?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #419 on: September 19, 2015, 10:08:39 am »

@Meph:

What's the status of "construct-creature" script?

Or any other creature spawning script.  I'm looking forward to that specifically.

Who's working on it?
It's done. Expwnent released a new version. There will be additions to it for equipment and location, best to write him a PM.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 166