Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 931202 times)

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 9th Dec
« Reply #1815 on: March 04, 2017, 12:40:14 pm »

I'm aware of the fact that the launcher uses a relatively small amount of RAM but considering the time it takes to start up, even of good machines, I'm led to believe it's actually heavier than it looks... Anyway it's just a guess, I don't really know for sure.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: March 05, 2017, 02:24:01 pm »

I´ve been experimenting a bit and I´ve set the calendar speed to 200x... I had to be careful to set it to 10 the moment a new year approached or I risked the game crashing. So I´ve managed to skim trough 7 years and then I opened legends with DF hack and to my disappointment nothing much has happened in the world.

I only hope that the game actually thinks only half a year has passed and therefore it did not initiate any world events.

And THAT brings me to my question; is there any way to make df-hack or anything, emulate the post-world gen history thing that you see every time you start a new fortress/adventure? I mean THIS http://i.imgur.com/uUEajJHl.png
But so that it will run for X amount of time.

Frock_13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: March 06, 2017, 06:32:28 am »

So I decided to start playing masterwork again and frankly I'm pretty disappointed. After trying the LAA fix it still has yet to successfully create a world yet. I have tried various sizes, lengths in history, I tried the preset maps in the advanced options,  literally the only time it *almost* worked was with a freshly unpacked MW, I managed to make it to the history generation point where it went for about 40 years then crashed. Am I doing something wrong? I've NEVER had this much trouble with a mod for DF before.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: March 06, 2017, 10:38:58 am »

Other users have the same issue but is still to be understood why only some people have this kind of problem. If you post the settings you're using, someone may be able to figure it out, eventually. Unluckily Meph is currently away so the situation will stay this way at least until he comes back.
If you can't wait this should be a reasonably stable version of  MWDF (1.20 maybe?)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 10:41:29 am by IlFedaykin »

Frock_13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: March 06, 2017, 05:41:34 pm »

Thank you, I was was rather irritated when I made that post. I had been trying to get it working for a while and was starting to feel discouraged. Do you know the significant differences between 1.2 and 1.23? The entire reason I got it was to try out the Hermit mode challenge. I'm not entirely sure how to enable them, do you have to make them both active and fortress mode playable to do it? Or do you just start a normal dwarven fortress and use the unique workshop?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 05:54:48 pm by Frock_13 »

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: March 07, 2017, 02:51:51 am »

Hermit counts as a completely new civilization so you need to activate it from the launcher, just activate fort mode and tou should be fine (you got to choose the right civ on embark if you activate more than 1 playable race).
I don't remember all changes but many were bigfixes an modifications for meph tileset (which is quite broken in the version i linked IIRC). Changes about last update should be in the OP. I have to warn you, tho. Hermit mode is broken plays hard to get. As it relies heavily on dfhack scripts it is easily subject to bugs and crashes.
The most stable civs are dwarves, humans and kobolds.

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: March 12, 2017, 07:55:21 am »

LNP has been updated, so is there a chance for an update of MW to 43.05?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1822 on: March 12, 2017, 08:13:32 am »

LNP has been updated, so is there a chance for an update of MW to 43.05?
Once Meph gets back I'm sure he will

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: March 12, 2017, 08:43:17 pm »

The last I checked in on Meph, he had just got his passport to enter Niger.  hes on a multi country by bicycle trip across Africa, I'm not sure how many countries are on the itinerary But hes made some serious progress since December.  I can't wait till his return... but don't forget, we got each other, we are a community, we can still be progressing.  I already started a bug/fix repository, so we can keep track of issues in one location and post fixes for community, but there doesn't mean we can't do more.

To build a new pack is one thing.  as soon as you update dfhack and masterwork to 43.05 x64, and replace the dwarf therapist and the other utilities with the x64 versions.  Its a find and replace system, easily after that you can output a package with all those bits.  Look for an update on lua scripts for any specific scripts utilized by the pack that needs updating.  check for variation differences between 43.03 and 43.05 and begin the process of updating the raws and scripts for those differences.

Best case scenario, all the programs match, all the new lua scripts are available, and there are 0 differences in raw scripting needed.  2 to 4 days and first pack released is fully effective.

Worst case scenario, the programs match, lua scripts aren't fully working correctly, major differences in raw scripting needed, and the Masterwork gui needs a rewrite.   I know a location of an old source.... but its Visual Basic... and it will take a ton of rewrite to get it to the same level as the current Masterwork gui, and then further edits for it to be ready for a new version release.  Which means we would need a reverse engineer or for Meph to show up and produce a recent version of the gui source, so that the interment VB scripter doesn't have to do a complete rewrite from the old gui source.

Here's what I'm looking at... I'm capable of raw scripts, lua scripting to some extent.  Boltgun is capable of  raw scripting and lua scripting.  There are several other raw scripters that are running around the campsite here.   Basic package updating should be easy enough if it ends up being a best case scenario.  If its a worst case scenario, well we need a VB scripter.  I think I know a couple who are fluent in current VB versions and have compilers and setups ready... but they aren't a part of the Dwarf Fortress or Masterwork communities, and I hate to put them out there or call favors in.

In the end your options are that either :
a.  wait for Meph to get done with his trip.
b.  we as a community come together and help out where we can to bring out the beginning of the vision and put out an initial package and see where it goes from there.  When Meph returns from his trip, he has a beginning to start from that has moved forward and ready for his continuing presence.

I don't care which we pick.  I already plan to start building a basic package based off 1.23 with a 43.05 x64 DF, and current DFhack, and continue working on my scripts.  If it doesn't fail to the point I can't repair it, well I'm willing to share and collaborate with anyone that wants to play with it... I'm hoping it ends the issue with the memory and LAA needs.... but I can't figure that out until we have a pack and start testing with it.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: March 15, 2017, 02:41:09 am »

In a few weeks I should be able to help out to some extent... whether learning how to mod or just managing forum threads. I think the most important thing to do, right now, is to create a ordered thread for bugs. A lot of secondary bugs have gone unnoticed for a lot of releases because no one really knew about them. If you post them in the main thread they get swallowed up in a sec and same goes for lonely threads. Result is we keep answering the same reports for major crashes and ignore the rest "till Meph comes back".
So... useless to just complain. I'll start a thread. If anyone feels like to helpout please reserve the second post. As I said, i'll be bust for some weeks

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: March 15, 2017, 09:59:47 pm »

cool cool...

so far I've got a working copy of 43.05 DF
installed DFHack 43.05 beta 1
installed TWBT 5.77 for DFHack 43.05 beta 1
installed Masterwork raws/scripts/graphic packs from 1.23

first test run, I was able to open launcher, make changes to files from launcher, launch DF, and see that it shows the Meph graphics just like 1.23 did.

I've got the next 4 days off from my main job, so my plan is to run some testing over the next 2 days.  If it works well, I'll update it to the current version of Boltgun's Succubus mod and release a link for it say on Saturday or Sunday.

I've not updated any of the apps that come with the mod pack, so what is in it are the old versions... I need a list of which ones people want updated in this setup.

I'm guessing Dwarf Therapist for sure.  beyond that it is however many other utilities I can come across between then and now.

Also any particular fixes you want me to add in?  there is the bit change so dwarfs can shape clays.... I'm not fluent in all the raws...  I'm currently testing to see if it cause me issues with the long word list.  If it does, I'll test it with the short word list... so far what I've seen I've had 0 crashes.  but I've not pushed the limits of the setup(I did a quick short world to verify I had put it all together correctly, its been nearly a year since I put a pack together, lol).
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: March 16, 2017, 09:53:15 am »

If it works with dfhack and therapist, its good enough for me. Post it please!

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: March 16, 2017, 05:25:14 pm »

I've been running tests for most of the day (for 8-10 hours now).  I have an operational Dwarf therapist, the succubus update, etc, in.  I've not updated any of the other utilities, so if anyone wants any off those updated in this pack, they need to send me a link.  In my testing I've had no troubles that I've not had in older versions including vanilla DF.  I've not had the crashes(square blank blocks, or crashing while trying to load to embark screen) that required LAA to get past in 1.23.  It seems more stable than 1.23.

I'll pack it up and post it tonight in a separate post and I'll link that here\/

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163261.0
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 05:54:36 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: March 18, 2017, 06:09:19 am »

Great work. Guess I'm staying home this weekend.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: March 18, 2017, 01:59:43 pm »

I'm discovering now the big 2016 update.

This is great. Thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 166