Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 931244 times)

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 9th Dec
« Reply #1665 on: January 02, 2017, 11:51:08 am »

I got this 43.03 version of Masterwork DF, with laptop keybind. On choosing an embark location, I can't move up or down, but I can move up or down by multiple block with shift+up/down arrows. "u" "m" don't work either.

Up down arrows work in everywhere else though like menu selection.
If you want to move through Z levels, you need to look at the. and , keys, and press shift to make them work as < or >. This will allow you to move up and down,

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: January 02, 2017, 12:00:47 pm »

I got this 43.03 version of Masterwork DF, with laptop keybind. On choosing an embark location, I can't move up or down, but I can move up or down by multiple block with shift+up/down arrows. "u" "m" don't work either.

If you want to move through Z levels, you need to look at the. and , keys, and press shift to make them work as < or >. This will allow you to move up and down,
That's not the issue. The issue is that u/m aren't working when choosing an embark location.

rosareven: is it possible that those keys are bound to something else? The current bindings should be shown somewhere on that screen.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

rosareven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: January 03, 2017, 05:18:35 am »

That's not the issue. The issue is that u/m aren't working when choosing an embark location.

rosareven: is it possible that those keys are bound to something else? The current bindings should be shown somewhere on that screen.

Thanks for clarifying for me lethosor. Yeah sorry I don't mean up and down as in z level, I mean north and south in choosing embark location screen.

I just tested again to get the specifics:
- umkh works in the local map
- up and down arrow don't work in the region map
- shift+up / shift+down works for moving multiple regions away

UPDATE: I FIXED IT! WOOT

It seems the laptop keybind that comes with Masterdwarf is missing these two keys:

General->Move view/cursor up
General->Move view/cursor down

Add the arrow keys back, choose the option "Immediately repeat" for both of them, and it works now.

I'm so happy now. I can properly enjoy Masterwork on my laptop. Stone beds here I come!

UPDATE UPDATE: More missing keys

BIND:SECONDSCROLL_DOWN:REPEAT_SLOW
    KEY:=
BIND:SECONDSCROLL_PAGEUP:REPEAT_SLOW
    KEY:_
BIND:SECONDSCROLL_PAGEDOWN:REPEAT_SLOW
    KEY:+
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 05:34:19 am by rosareven »

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: January 03, 2017, 06:58:50 pm »

I've found a typo in the kobold menu. When you mouse over Shovels!, it says channing their playstyle, not changing.

Also, how do you make it start in windowed mode?

rosareven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: January 03, 2017, 08:04:21 pm »

I've found a typo in the kobold menu. When you mouse over Shovels!, it says channing their playstyle, not changing.

Also, how do you make it start in windowed mode?
Window mode setting is on the first page of Masterwork menu, to the right under Miscellaneous. It's defaulted to "no".

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1670 on: January 05, 2017, 08:00:41 am »

What the heck is happening with my DF? I've just downloaded new version and that's what I got, no matter what font I choose

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So I have this problem too, but the fix suggested by putnam (resize or fullscreen the window) doesn't fix it. I also don't have an AMD card. Any suggestions?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: January 05, 2017, 09:22:34 am »

What the heck is happening with my DF? I've just downloaded new version and that's what I got, no matter what font I choose

So I have this problem too, but the fix suggested by putnam (resize or fullscreen the window) doesn't fix it. I also don't have an AMD card. Any suggestions?
I answered Szarrukin too.  Putnum's answer was for AMD cards with play.tv installed.  If it didn't work its because your most likely on another type of system being affected conversely currently.  The following answer works for all the rest:

You are probably playing with tileset set to Meph - 32 x 32.  Which means your using a lot of memory for graphics and just from the image or the fact that just about every error is occurring prior to embark I am betting you don't have graphics card(your gpu is integrated on the board) or you have a graphics card from before 2012(you have less then 1 GB of ram on that card).  So you don't have a separate ram(or enough separate ram) for the GPU and graphics, its all being used from the standard system RAM allotted to the program. 

Option 1:  Either reduce the load by choosing smaller tilesets, one of the 16x16 or smaller; or

Option 2:  Utilize LAA utility (Large Address Access) to increase the size of memory access to the Dwarf Fortress program.  you can find it in the utilities folder you can open from the menu in Dwarf Fortress and its rather easy to set up, it increases the ram allowed to your program.

The issue is that the beautiful Meph tileset is really for high-end systems running high-end graphic cards(systems running 4K or ‘ultra-HD’, dimensions of 3840 x 2160), its way too much for many older graphics cards and integrated GPU systems (which includes 95% of laptops and any desktop without a graphics card).  Without LAA, its unplayable in its current form on these systems. 

Personally I like LAA anyway because I get better FPS even with the smaller graphic sets and have less crashes all around when things such as invasions and traders occur.  Its rather nice boost for these systems(which includes all the laptops and desktops in my home as I don't usually play high end games) and I wish I had known about it years ago.  My laptop that I generally play on, integrated GPU, resolution 1600x900, its not even 1080p capable, its just running a modified 720p compliant chipset stretched to fit the resolution.  But what do you expect from a system that is 5 years old and originally designed to be a internet streamer, emailer, and basic dvd player lol... its ready to die any day now with the stress I put on it.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1672 on: January 05, 2017, 10:37:26 am »

I'm using the obsidian 16x16 tileset and my graphics card has 8GB of memory and is very new so your guesses are a bit off. I have a very high end system. I will try the LAA utility though.

Edit: The LAA utility did the trick, thank you. Odd that I never had to use it before for this exact same configuration on my old system. While I'm sure meph's tileset is great, I am used to the obsidian set and prefer it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 10:41:39 am by forsaken1111 »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: January 05, 2017, 11:23:57 am »

Then you are the first one I've heard this report from... interesting... I was trying to figure out what it is that is producing so much data and so far it seems to be a graphics overload for most is assumed as that was the major change in the last pack. I hope its not the larger language files which was the other major change(that is from me... I'm working to reduce it down anyway... but when I reset them to the versions from an earlier pack, I had the same issues.  So I don't think that's it).

Other major changes:
the seasons script - tested removing it didn't change my results.
creature sprites on/off - eh had slight performance improvement with it off.

If I may ask, which scripts do you have on?
What races are you playing?
What MW and DF settings are you running?
Sprites on or off on the first page?

etc.  whatever information you can provide I'd appreciate... I'm actually concerned that your Graphics card isn't operating the graphics for DF like it should... but that's something that I don't even know how to test for, other then checking the card's performance and usage during gameplay, and I don't know how to do that with the info you have provided... maybe someone else here knows.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1674 on: January 05, 2017, 12:08:50 pm »

In brief, the only things I changed on the launcher are:

Set windowed mode to ON
Set Color to Obsidian
Set Tileset to Obsidian Soul - 16x16
Set TWBT Font to Obsidian

Disable Deep Ones and *-mancers mods from mythical monsters
Disable Earth Strikes Back! and it's secrets

All other settings are at default. Dwarves are the only civ set to fort mode though all other races are enabled for adventure mode (again that is the default). Creature sprites are on.

System specs:

I7 6850K overclocked to ~4GHz
64GB Ram
GTX 1080 8GB graphics card

The system is intended for heavy rendering and development work but doesn't have anything weird running on it yet, I was just testing DF on it when I ran into that. Was curious what kind of FPS numbers I would see when loading a very large old fort that my other puny system can barely run.

Willing to run further tests if it will help.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 12:10:39 pm by forsaken1111 »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: January 05, 2017, 12:26:48 pm »

:o

nice system... I don't understand why you had problems and LAA fixed it... It sounds like a decent setup.  I think there's just something going on in the memory that is over the top and a deeper look (which would require a system better equipped then me) to figure out.  I hope Meph is going to have a suggestion in the next update. ;)
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1676 on: January 05, 2017, 12:57:59 pm »

Well all seems to be working well after using the LAA utility. -shrug-

Rhinoserious

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: January 07, 2017, 04:59:40 am »

Hey guys maybe some one can help me out.  I started a new embark and am trying to make instruments for the tavern.  Just some basic one part things.  It's saying I need logs an dI have a ton of logs.  Any idea on why I cant build any instrument pieces out of logs?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1678 on: January 07, 2017, 01:45:21 pm »

Just out of curiosity, is this important?

I get that error spam fairly constantly and it makes it kind of annoying to enter commands in dfhack. Doesn't seem to actually do anything though.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:48:04 pm by forsaken1111 »

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: January 07, 2017, 05:18:37 pm »

Hey guys maybe some one can help me out.  I started a new embark and am trying to make instruments for the tavern.  Just some basic one part things.  It's saying I need logs an dI have a ton of logs.  Any idea on why I cant build any instrument pieces out of logs?
Could be several reasons:
-You don't have the job active on a free dwarf
-The workshop could be linked to a stockpile with no logs
-could have a pathing bug (check if you can do anything else out of wood)
-almost anything else... IIRC instruments are not modded in any way so it's unlikely to be a Masterwork problem
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 166