Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 931983 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 15th July
« Reply #1125 on: July 16, 2016, 05:39:36 pm »

I dont think Meanderer affects the fort AI... just to be sure: What exactly do you mean with "very lazy" ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

leinad88

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: July 16, 2016, 06:11:48 pm »

On his way to a job-take a few steps stop take a few steps stop all the way to get the coffin then run normal place it and start making his way to get another one slowly, even did it when I tried fastdwarf 1 1. He would just slowly walk to the job he was trying to do stopping to smell some flowers or look at some bugs(taking breaks in his walking) but as soon as he got to whatever job it was he would work normal(and teleport with fastdwarf) untill he finished the task. On a side note I noticed a something in the kobolds stats you might want to check
normal-
   [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:TOUGHNESS:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]              +
turtle-
   [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:TOUGHNESS:300:600:900:1200:1350:1500:2250]

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1127 on: July 16, 2016, 07:30:29 pm »

what about those?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: July 16, 2016, 08:10:24 pm »

I am certainly no expert, but it appears that a kobold has roughly the same physical stats as a turtle. At least, that is what I am getting from those numbers.

leinad88

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: July 16, 2016, 08:11:38 pm »

The turtle is suppose to be a tougher kobold, and doesn't that say he isn't?

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: July 16, 2016, 09:38:25 pm »

Meph, I have a question. I'm not sure if this is said elsewheres, but what is the requirement for a civilization to have a Ruler, that is not of it's own race? I ask this, because in part I'm curious as to why weak kobolds would never have their leadership taken over by a more powerful creature, and it seems that Kobold Civ's always seem to have Kobold Leaders.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: July 16, 2016, 11:38:04 pm »

Meph, I have a question. I'm not sure if this is said elsewheres, but what is the requirement for a civilization to have a Ruler, that is not of it's own race? I ask this, because in part I'm curious as to why weak kobolds would never have their leadership taken over by a more powerful creature, and it seems that Kobold Civ's always seem to have Kobold Leaders.

You can prevent foreign creatures from taking over by using the    [ALLOWED_CREATURE:creature:caste] on important positions.  But, unless the civ is a babysnatcher (and therefore have a lot foreign citizens running around) i don't know how relevant it is.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: July 16, 2016, 11:57:55 pm »

You can prevent foreign creatures from taking over by using the    [ALLOWED_CREATURE:creature:caste] on important positions.  But, unless the civ is a babysnatcher (and therefore have a lot foreign citizens running around) i don't know how relevant it is.

Well, a quick search shows that it looks like only the Succubi and Orcs have the [ALLOWED_CREATURE:creature:caste]. There are also ones like the Pandashi, that are not Babysnatchers, but seem to often have non-prime race rulers in their mix, at least from the several times I looked through races.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1133 on: July 17, 2016, 09:43:39 am »

The turtle is suppose to be a tougher kobold, and doesn't that say he isn't?
Oh... sorry, I misread your post. I thought "why is he comparing kobolds to turtles?" , I must have skimmed the part about the castes. ^^

Thanks, I fixed it. New values for turtle-bolds are now:[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:TOUGHNESS:650:1450:1850:2250:2950:3550:5000]

Chaosfiend, civs might have megabeasts etc as rulers, if the megabests has the same SPHERE as the religion the civ has. In old masterwork I gave all megabeasts all spheres, so it happened a lot. Now it happens as often as in vanilla DF. Snatched children can also grow up and become leaders, but kobolds dont snatch.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: July 17, 2016, 01:19:11 pm »

Chaosfiend, civs might have megabeasts etc as rulers, if the megabests has the same SPHERE as the religion the civ has. In old masterwork I gave all megabeasts all spheres, so it happened a lot. Now it happens as often as in vanilla DF. Snatched children can also grow up and become leaders, but kobolds dont snatch.

Ahh, Okay, interesting. I guess since Kobolds only have the 7 religous Spheres prefered out of 130 as well, it would be all the more rare.

However, would the advent of Inns and Taverns change this dynamic a bit? I mean, now almost any civ can have multiple races within it. I mean, civs DO build them in world gen, I see it. Does it just take centuries for there to be any appreciable effect caused by Taverns in this regard? I've taken to about 500 year long world gens, (if I can manage). Even with Taverns, some races still seem to remain fairly pure in their racial demographics after 500 years.                     

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1135 on: July 17, 2016, 01:28:41 pm »

I dont know. Ask Toady. ;)

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: July 18, 2016, 01:46:24 pm »

Specific milling reactions bundled in from Modest Mod seem broken.  Specific brewing works fine, but specific milling doesn't appear to properly produce flours or dyes, or even the seeds.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: July 19, 2016, 01:50:10 pm »

In the Manual under the Alchemist's Lab, the description is the following:

"You can also create artificial gems. Take green glass and gold to create emeralds, clear glass and gold for rubies and crystal glass and gold for diamond.
Last part is the transmutation of metals. Take a flux stone as catalyst and two metal bars, to create one bar of the next metal. It is a cycle that allows acces to all base metals in the game."

The "also" threw me off a bit, so I looked around and noticed that the following line from the old manual/wiki article is missing:
"You can work the rare Gems of Armok here. These create unlimited water (Tear of Armok), unlimited magma (Blood of Armok) or a multitude of metal bars (Bone of Armok)"

Is that an error in the manual, or are we not able to use the Gems of Armok in the new version yet?

Criilbilly

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: July 19, 2016, 03:39:51 pm »

I modified scripts/item/quality-change.lua so that Masterworks could be safely improved (at the Weaponry and Armory workshops) without losing their quality (and for completeness I likewise changed the downgrade to not go below regular in case there's a freaky wrap around issue with that too, though I haven't tested it).  As a bonus they benefit from the menacing spike enhancement that happens as part of the improvement.
Just replace the last for-end loop with this:
Code: [Select]
for _,item in pairs(items) do
 if args.upgrade then
  if item.quality == 5 then
   return
  end
  quality = item.quality + 1
 elseif args.downgrade then
  if item.quality == 0 then
   return
  end
  quality = item.quality - 1
 elseif args.quality then
  quality = tonumber(args.quality)
 else
  print('No quality specified')
  return
 end
 dfhack.script_environment('functions/item').changeQuality(item,quality,dur,track)
end

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: July 20, 2016, 06:39:36 am »

Ahh, Okay, interesting. I guess since Kobolds only have the 7 religous Spheres prefered out of 130 as well, it would be all the more rare.

However, would the advent of Inns and Taverns change this dynamic a bit? I mean, now almost any civ can have multiple races within it. I mean, civs DO build them in world gen, I see it. Does it just take centuries for there to be any appreciable effect caused by Taverns in this regard? I've taken to about 500 year long world gens, (if I can manage). Even with Taverns, some races still seem to remain fairly pure in their racial demographics after 500 years.                     

It's a statistics problem, you have to have at least four individuals of compatible sexes and preferences all decide to visit a civilization in the same time period, then officially change their allegiance for whatever reason (I suspect these are usually members with outlier personal values for their civ, but IDK), then find eachother, then have them all get married, and then have kids who can also have kids with some other immigrant/second generation. That's a lot of thens and frankly, I'm impressed it manages to happen at all. Let alone consistently to the various beast-folk that I seem to find in massive populations across every human civ.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 06:43:50 am by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 166