Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201849 times)

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #2206 on: March 10, 2014, 05:51:57 pm »

Blood seems to be easily obtainable from the food I have, neat. This seems to keep my vampire, whoever he is, in check(since I have 130 dwarfs I can't be bothered to search for him :D).
How do I make the sacrifice dwarf get to the altar with the red marker during a necromorph apocalypse? Will the necros stay down when killed? Why aren't my dwarfs running from them?

Cheers

hiphop38

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: March 11, 2014, 03:55:33 pm »

Is there a way to assign dwarfs to mine a vein of ore? like click one of the ore and the whole vein is selected?

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: March 11, 2014, 03:58:14 pm »

DFhack has a plugin for that, look for "digv" and "digvx" in the dfhack readme / your keybindings.

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: March 11, 2014, 04:11:42 pm »

actually, it's already bound, just go in dig mode, move the yellow cursor over the vein then click ctrl-v. Done.

How do I deal with rabies? I keep getting "rabies victim" dwarfs now for no freaking reason after the last case which was 5 years ago and in a mastiff that never went near any dwarfs....

How can I designate specific armors for the blast smelter? or it just smelts unused ones? What's better, welded cobalt, mithrill or bloodsteel?

Do any races or shops sell the tears of armok? I can't find these gems anywhere....

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: March 11, 2014, 04:42:26 pm »

How can I designate specific armors for the blast smelter? or it just smelts unused ones? What's better, welded cobalt, mithrill or bloodsteel?

Do any races or shops sell the tears of armok? I can't find these gems anywhere....

after choosing the reaction change the material (Ctrl-A ,i think,choose inoganic then type in the metals name) the reaction uses to the same as the armor you want to melt.
mithril/welded mithrill is bettter (its lighter and sharper)

no races,but one of the shops (the fine good shop i believe) sells them for a nice chunk of gold coins.
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: March 11, 2014, 04:54:15 pm »

Thanks!

Do Bladed and spiked minecarts do extra damage when hitting?

Also, how do I make my dwarfs drink the noaging/youth potion? Or just randomly like any drink? Does it actually stop them from dying of old age? Does a pie made of said potion have the same effect? :P

Btw, the Crematorium is AWESOME for cleaning after the necromorph apocalypse. Seriously, I have like 200-300 corpses strewn about. The event happened at the same time as several ambushes, a caravan and a siege. After the battle there were only a few necros to eradicate left and a couple of siegers and the mountains of corpses... DF can be so brutal sometimes :P

Cheers

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: March 12, 2014, 05:18:08 am »

Hey, anyone know how to fix my dwarves not responding to alerts properly? They refuse to switch to 'military mode' and only train when on Inactive mode. It's annoying as hell.

Mawootad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: March 12, 2014, 10:53:47 pm »

I have a little bit more than 100 dwarves and 10 million dwarfbucks in wealth, but nobody is sieging me, only ambushing occasionally.  Is that normal, or should I just start declaring war on frost giants and automatons so I can harvest their corpses?

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: March 13, 2014, 09:14:20 am »

Well you should check for number and power of the hostile civilizations around you. If for some reason you're friendly with everyone or the evil people are all dead since worldgen then the best course of action to get war is to declare war :D . Then again aren't dwarfs supposed to be mortal enemies with the frost giants and automatons?

Can anyone please enlighten be with regards to the rabies? Some dwarfs got sick(mostly children) years after the last documented rabies case in a dog that was never even close to a dwarf(he got rabies when near one of my fresh mastodons :D). I managed to lock the latest afflicted child in a room and he eventually died of "suffocation"?! How does that even work?

Cheers

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: March 13, 2014, 11:22:38 am »

Suffocation, as in the child's lungs rotted away. Rabies seems to spread through several interactions rather than actual bites, so your whole fort's probably got it, apart from those who are immune.

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: March 13, 2014, 05:13:30 pm »

It makes no sense, nobody had any contact with rabies....That child wasn't even born during the animal rabies incident..., and most of the dwarfs that work outside died during the necro apocalypse...

Is there any cure for rabies in game? I have a herbalist, apothecary, alchemist...Pretty much everything except magic because the freaking researcher always misplaces the freaking research papers whenever I get some platinum.

Any way to prevent the papers from being stored away? Or at least the bins from being carried TO the item instead of the other way around? Seriously, who caries the entire FULL box to an item, puts it in, then lugs it all the way back?!

Cheers

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: March 14, 2014, 01:32:00 am »

My ore processor stopped working! It was going well and produced some "pure malachite ". but now it stopped. It has a queued "Process malachite bearing rock" work. But nobody do that. Some dwarfs has "machine operating" job activated, but they are "No job". What's wrong?

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: March 14, 2014, 01:38:27 am »

My ore processor stopped working! It was going well and produced some "pure malachite ". but now it stopped. It has a queued "Process malachite bearing rock" work. But nobody do that. Some dwarfs has "machine operating" job activated, but they are "No job". What's wrong?

Try using t to see if there's anything cluttered up in the workshop.  If not I'd suggest deconstructing it and remaking it just to see what that does.  Could also be a burrow issue if you use them.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: March 14, 2014, 05:20:56 am »

Is there any cure for rabies in game?

Nope.  That's one reason most players turn diseases off.  Maybe Meph will upgrade the system in some future release; he's always said he had more plans for the Apothecary.
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 165