Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201860 times)

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #2190 on: March 07, 2014, 12:37:42 pm »

So, how do digging invaders work? Do they dig straight down or something? How can you even defend yourself against this, well ,except with a moat of lava around your entire fort 50 z levels down :P

Also, any guide on using warlocks? I mean, besides the MW general features guide. A video walkthrough or similar?

Cheers

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: March 07, 2014, 01:53:37 pm »

Okay, suggestion for whatever workshops for all races:
Make a reaction, that removes hunting/ambusher skill....
Seriously, I'm tired of my dwarves sneaking around while carrying boulders to the construction site...
I am sorry mahrgell, I am afraid I can not do that.

Code: [Select]
local utils=require('utils')

local args={...}

local skills=df.unit.find(args[1]).status.current_soul.skills

local skill=df.job_skill[tostring(args[2])]

local level=tonumber(args[3]) or 0

local argfunctions={
    __index=function(t,k)
        qerror(k..' is not a valid setting! Valid settings are SET, ADD and SUBTRACT.')
    end,
    set=function(skills,skill,level)
        utils.insert_or_update(skills, {new=true, id=skill, rating=level}, 'id')
    end,
    add=function(skills,skill,level)
        local skillExists,oldSkill=utils.linear_index(skills,skill,'id')
        if skillExists then
            oldSkill.rating=level+oldSkill.rating
        else
            argfunctions.set(skills,skill,level)
        end
    end,
    subtract=function(skills,skill,level)
        local skillExists,oldSkill=utils.linear_index(skills,skill,'id')
        if skillExists then
            local newRating=oldSkill['rating'] or 0
            oldSkill.rating=oldSkill.rating-level
            if oldSkill.rating<0 or (oldSkill.rating==0 and oldSkill.experience<=0) then skills:erase(skillExists) end
        end
    end
}

setmetatable(argfunctions,argfunctions)

argfunctions[args[4]:lower()](skills,skill,level)

Autosyndrome reaction with these args after the name of the script:

\WORKER_ID SKILL level ADD/SUBTRACT/SET

SKILL being anything such as DETAILSTONE, level being a number that it will be set to (15 is legendary, 0 is dabbling). Add will add skill levels, subtract will subtract, set will place it at exactly the level you put in.

I never really thought of how useful this would be, so I never made it 'til you said "can't".
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 06:16:28 pm by Putnam »

westamastaflash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: March 07, 2014, 07:33:49 pm »

In .4h there is a Shift-M command on the trade screen which selects all of the items that you've searched for. It's not in .4i. Is there something in DFhack I need to enable?

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: March 07, 2014, 08:51:18 pm »

My female boulder crab is sitting on an dolomite in a nest box. Will the dolomite hatch a baby crab?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: March 07, 2014, 08:54:48 pm »

My female boulder crab is sitting on an dolomite in a nest box. Will the dolomite hatch a baby crab?

No. That is just a dolomite boulder, and not an actual egg.

Boulder crabs can lay stones like they lay eggs.

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: March 08, 2014, 06:56:28 pm »

"Human Imperial Hammerguard was caught in a burst of prayer" - how does that work? :D

Also, what's with the dark grass that appeared after a nightwing attack?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 07:02:50 pm by MerkerBenson »

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: March 08, 2014, 08:54:39 pm »

Is there any way to make wicker blocks? There's no option to make them in the thachery. I was relying on them to build my itemless embark.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: March 09, 2014, 11:37:33 am »

In .4h there is a Shift-M command on the trade screen which selects all of the items that you've searched for. It's not in .4i. Is there something in DFhack I need to enable?

I miss that too :(  I scanned the DFHack guides and couldn't find anything.  I always assumed it was part of Fast Trade, but Shift-Enter still works on the trade screen.  The option to mark everything in a stockpile for trade is missing too, although Auto-Trade still seems to be there.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: March 09, 2014, 11:45:20 am »

If I set invasions to early (pop 50) will that be sieges at pop 50 and not just ambushes? I would like to play with a low pop cap but still get all sieges

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: March 09, 2014, 11:55:00 am »

There's no need to adjust the population cap until after the first couple of migrant waves (children don't count).  Fortress wealth is the primary for sieges.  Upping the invader skill level at world gen can bring some serious nasties the very first week after embark. 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: March 09, 2014, 03:30:19 pm »

I miss that too :(  I scanned the DFHack guides and couldn't find anything.  I always assumed it was part of Fast Trade, but Shift-Enter still works on the trade screen.  The option to mark everything in a stockpile for trade is missing too, although Auto-Trade still seems to be there.

It must be part of falconnes search plugin: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=119575.0
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: March 09, 2014, 06:49:04 pm »

So, apart from herbalist and feather trees which I don't have, how can I get feathers? Also, can I gather blood from the floor or something, I really need a lot of barrels of that :D

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: March 09, 2014, 09:20:35 pm »

You can get them from butchering birds. I think you have to clean them at the tanners first though.
And no, you can't get blood off the floor, but you can extract it from meat though.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: March 10, 2014, 01:54:37 am »

So, apart from herbalist and feather trees which I don't have, how can I get feathers? Also, can I gather blood from the floor or something, I really need a lot of barrels of that :D

Besides the mentioned butchering birds you can also order crates of feathers from caravans to be opened later.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: March 10, 2014, 03:16:47 pm »

What is a jitte? My military commander is using one, but I'm not sure if it's a sword or what. Anybody have an idea?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 165