Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201736 times)

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #2100 on: February 21, 2014, 08:53:46 am »

There is a moleweasel massdying happening.... They all die to suffocation/infection... In the last two ingameweeks I lost more then out of my 70 moleweasel to it...
I have no clue why... They are dying in my dining area/food storage room... There is no battle log, nothing...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2101 on: February 21, 2014, 09:13:06 am »

I have modded nothing into the game that affects moleweasels exclusively, and all modded things usually leave a combat log, as seen in the disease system.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: February 21, 2014, 03:41:34 pm »

Okay... I'm thinking... Is there any way to load slag bars into a minecart? Just dumping them on top does not load them in, afaik :( But they are soooooo heavy... I really need them! :D
Or any other ideas for superheavy objects that can be carried by a minecart in large quantities? (And are easily produced...)

edit: How about concrete blocks? Or items made of concrete? Or does it lose the impressive weight of slag?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: February 21, 2014, 03:55:22 pm »

Can't you just use track stops?

I am STILL undecided on which graphics pack and color palette that I like, however I'm leaning towards Obsidian Soul maybe. However, I don't like the text on that one, how do I change that?

Or maybe the Masterwork graphics set, though the swirly background thing behind numbers makes them harder to read.

Also, the stray hawk creature graphic kind of looks like a lion, just saying.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 04:03:54 pm by smjjames »

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: February 21, 2014, 04:10:52 pm »

slag bars can't be stockpiled and thus the normal way to load them is not possible ;) You can move them around via dump and trade commands...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2105 on: February 21, 2014, 04:13:54 pm »

concrete is not as heavy. You can try to mine slade :P But otherwise its the usual suspects... gold, lead, platinum.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Steforian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: February 21, 2014, 08:48:29 pm »

Does the new metal-material clothing wear out over time like adamantine clothing does?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2107 on: February 21, 2014, 09:09:08 pm »

yes. its not the material, its the item. as soon as its clothing, it wears away, no matter the material its made off. I cant change that.

Steforian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: February 21, 2014, 10:54:01 pm »

Oh i got another question here; Do either hellfire/fire turrets or fire mines destroy bridges? because one of the above just did. Also, whats the difference between hellfire and fire?

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: February 22, 2014, 02:51:20 am »

Oh i got another question here; Do either hellfire/fire turrets or fire mines destroy bridges? because one of the above just did. Also, whats the difference between hellfire and fire?

I'm pretty sure bridges can burn if they are down and act as a wall while up.  However I had a incident where I think I had a wooden bridge up and it burnt but I may be wrong.  I usually make them out of obsidian.  Fire shouldn't burn stone bridges.  Hellfire I believe is hot enough to melt anything in the game, possibly even the HFS creatures.

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: February 22, 2014, 05:48:59 am »

I'm pretty sure bridges can burn if they are down and act as a wall while up.  However I had a incident where I think I had a wooden bridge up and it burnt but I may be wrong.  I usually make them out of obsidian.  Fire shouldn't burn stone bridges.  Hellfire I believe is hot enough to melt anything in the game, possibly even the HFS creatures.

Im not sure but I believe (in vanilla at least) the mechanism will burn when the bridge is down and destroy tye bridge so the mechanism as well as the bridge would have to be magma safe

Gromak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: February 22, 2014, 11:06:31 am »

A couple of questions.
In the tailor's workshop theres and option to make sets of clothing for fur, silk, rare silk, and wool, but not for cotton fiber?¿ EDITED: Now theres the option, aparrently I had insufficient cotton at the moment, but I though you saw reactions red instead of no reaction at all?
Whats ground meat(produced from meat in the kitchen) used for?  And is there any way to access the ''used for'' menu for items, like when you select a stone and it tells you all of the uses for that stone, and the place to do them.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 12:55:15 pm by Gromak »

Steforian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: February 22, 2014, 02:22:36 pm »

How do i control what gets mass-melted in my Blast Furnace? Because they seem to melt things whether they are designated for melting or not. Same thing for my Crematorium.

Trojanhamster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: February 22, 2014, 02:49:27 pm »

Try using a stock pile and setting it to give its contents to the workshop in question.

Gromak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: February 22, 2014, 05:32:32 pm »

I really need a way to know what can I do with a particular item :(  For example I have dozens and dozens of single bone, skulls.. etc I cant use them to make bone things at the craftsdwarf workshop.
And theres a way to preserve corpses from rotting? And scalps?

Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 165