Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201710 times)

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #2085 on: February 20, 2014, 11:42:17 am »

So after 3 months he`ll become a member of my civilisation again?

Yep

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: February 20, 2014, 12:04:25 pm »

How well does Dwarf Therapist work with the Masterwork mod?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2087 on: February 20, 2014, 12:18:01 pm »

Just as good as with vanilla DF. Splinterz knows the mod quite well, and there are even custom rolegrids and laborgrids for the mod.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: February 20, 2014, 12:21:53 pm »

Yeah just noticed the DT manual in the folder, which pretty much answered my question.

Borshch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: February 20, 2014, 02:18:17 pm »

Thanks a lot for help guys.Awesome mod,Meph,i`m playing it for 3 months already and always discover something new in it.I never used magic system for some reasin though ::)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2090 on: February 20, 2014, 04:09:18 pm »

Thanks a lot for help guys.Awesome mod,Meph,i`m playing it for 3 months already and always discover something new in it.I never used magic system for some reasin though ::)
Have you tried all races yet? :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: February 20, 2014, 04:23:07 pm »

The manual says you can disable castes and guilds, but there is no option on the settings UI that changes that, so, how do you do that? I'm just wondering.

Also, an option to enable/disable use of the mouse would be nice.

Also, I've seen no mention or entry for the broodlings that people often mention, I'm just curious about those stuff.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2092 on: February 20, 2014, 04:25:55 pm »

You can disable the guildhall, but not the guilds since the new GUI.

Mouse disable: You mean falconnes plugin, or the setting in the init?

Broodlings? There are Changelings and Broodlords/Mothers, which ones do you mean?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: February 20, 2014, 04:36:01 pm »

Broodlings? There are Changelings and Broodlords/Mothers, which ones do you mean?

I'm just wondering how you would disable the castes, sounds like most people keep them in though?

Mouse control: Well, both, but I thought you would have a setting for that. I'll just edit the relevant files.

I think it might be the Broodlords/Mothers that I've seen people talk about in reference to broodling. Used as a food source.

Anyhow, I took a look at it and I'm like WHOA, lots and lots of stuff and I'm hesitant about starting or rather no idea how to start out.

Steforian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: February 20, 2014, 05:04:21 pm »

I've been reading about steel oaks being refined into bars through a timber-yard, though that workshop has been replaced with the saw-mill. So how do i refine these logs into steel now?

Also, can boulder crabs ever lay eggs? Cause mine don't seem to.
This happens at the Herbalist's Laboratory.
As far as the crabs, I'm not sure. Do you have a breeding pair?
Thanks! As for the boulder crabs i have about 4 females and 3 males so far (i keep buying them from merchants). I also have nest-boxes fro them, that they claim, but have yet to lay an egg :P

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: February 20, 2014, 06:31:58 pm »

I have a plumphelemet man craftsman and a phm woodcrafter... They are appearing in the unitlist(u), but not in the animallist(z) making them unbutcherable... But this does not prevent them from happily creating more PHM....

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2096 on: February 20, 2014, 06:55:01 pm »

I have a plumphelemet man craftsman and a phm woodcrafter... They are appearing in the unitlist(u), but not in the animallist(z) making them unbutcherable... But this does not prevent them from happily creating more PHM....
Look at the creature, isnt there a an option to butcher them?

I'm just wondering how you would disable the castes, sounds like most people keep them in though?

Mouse control: Well, both, but I thought you would have a setting for that. I'll just edit the relevant files.

I think it might be the Broodlords/Mothers that I've seen people talk about in reference to broodling. Used as a food source.

Anyhow, I took a look at it and I'm like WHOA, lots and lots of stuff and I'm hesitant about starting or rather no idea how to start out.
Guilds cant be disabled atm.

Mouse control: If you dont use the mouse, it has no effect. ;)

Broodmothers dont make food, but workers. They breed new dwarves for you, they are pets sold rarely by evil races.

And no worries, just start to play with default settings. You can easy into the mod slowly, there is not much that NEEDS to be done. Probably only the ore processor and larger farms, but thats it. The researches slowly unlocks all the other buildings. :)

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: February 20, 2014, 07:46:28 pm »

Look at the creature, isnt there a an option to butcher them?

uhhhhh
never butchered anything that way... always via z-menu^^ But let's see...
Btw, the PHM even wear items... like bloodsteel robes ^^

edit: worked.... thx

Gromak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: February 21, 2014, 03:34:28 am »

Is there any way to know the weapon/armor multiplier value of the new metals? I know about copper,bronze,iron,steel... but have no idea about mithril and such things.

Thanks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2099 on: February 21, 2014, 07:40:13 am »

Is there any way to know the weapon/armor multiplier value of the new metals? I know about copper,bronze,iron,steel... but have no idea about mithril and such things.

Thanks
open inorganic_stone_mineral.txt and search for the VALUE. That file has all metals in it.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 165