Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201494 times)

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1920 on: January 24, 2014, 06:42:44 pm »

Quick question:

I'm trying to decide what to arm my militia commander with: a masterwork bloody war hammer of Armok, or an artifact welded wolfram war hammer. The wolfram war hammer is really heavy (47!) compared to the bloody war hammer (6) and I'm not sure if the extra weight is worth the speed deficit. In fact, how good are bloody weapons compared to other materials? (can't seem to find the material in the raws)

Is "bloody" the metal?  that's interesting.

the manual has all the info:

bash: blunt C:20 P:200 V:2
head hammer: blunt C:10 P:200 V:3
bludgeon: blunt C:100 P:6000 V:3.3
viciously beat: blunt C:100 P:6000 V:3
throw a haymaker at: blunt C:10 P:200 V:3
make an undercut swing at: blunt C:20 P:200 V:2
head whirl around and bash: blunt C:20 P:200 V:4.5
massive head whirl around with outsgtretched arms and bash: blunt C:20 P:200 V:5

vs

bash: blunt C:10 P:200 V:2
head hammer: blunt C:70 P:10000 V:3
bludgeon: blunt C:70 P:10000 V:3.3
viciously beat: blunt C:12 P:8000 V:3
throw a haymaker at: blunt C:50 P:3000 V:3
make an undercut swing at: blunt C:20 P:200 V:2
head whirl around and bash: blunt C:50 P:7000 V:4.5
massive head whirl around with outstretched arms and bash: blunt C:30 P:10000 V:5

so uh, the of armok one has smaller contact areas and penetrations in general?  I'd use the wolfram one and upgrade it to superior/legendary, those weapons have some insane attacks at like 15 velocity

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: January 24, 2014, 06:43:30 pm »

Weight is most of what matters when it comes to blunt weaponry.

normally yes, but there are some weapons that have special attacks with like 15+ velocity in masterwork.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: January 24, 2014, 06:49:50 pm »

outsgtretched

:I

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1923 on: January 24, 2014, 07:01:20 pm »

outsgtretched

Lol, I fixed that a year ago, and now someone finds it still somewhere in the manual ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: January 24, 2014, 07:11:12 pm »

outsgtretched

Lol, I fixed that a year ago, and now someone finds it still somewhere in the manual ^^

the manual has a lot of little things that are old and need to be updated.  for instance, iridium doesn't exist anymore, and mithril's (or welded mithril?) weight is incorrect.  i think a lot of little stuff like that is wrong now

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: January 24, 2014, 10:34:20 pm »

do higher levels of athlete actually train attributes faster, or is it just 'time spent working out'?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: January 24, 2014, 10:41:36 pm »

Athlete is literally just misc weapon, so no, it doesn't really train attributes faster. However, it does improve their attacking with socks, chairs and other such things what aren't weapons.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1927 on: January 25, 2014, 07:42:05 am »

It does train them faster... you get attributes for every time they finish the "work out" reaction, and since it uses athlete skill, the better the athlete, the faster he can do the reaction.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: January 25, 2014, 09:16:05 am »

Is there a way you can embark with more than 7 dwarves when you reclaim a spot? I have nearly a 1000+ items laying on the ground, and an army of goblins marked "Friendly" upon embard. I would like to see something along the lines of vanilla DF's "multiple dwarves and more embark points" when you reclaim a territory that was previously conquered.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: January 25, 2014, 09:51:55 am »

Supposedly dfhack's dfusion plugin (option 1) will do that, but I am not able to get it to work. Note this quote is more than a year old so I don't think the instructions about having to manually edit the dfusion plugin is necessary; indeed, if it were necessary I'd expect dfusion not to work at all (because this fix specifies the location of the game, which the plugin finds fine). However, dfusion's menu works fine, as do options 2 and 3, but option 1 returns errors whether I use it during embark selection (that is, selecting the location of the fort) or during embark setup (when your dwarves are listed).

- The latest version of DFHack has an outdated version of DFusion that doesn't work out the box, but can with a slight alteration to one of the .lua files. From your DF root folder, open the dfusion folder and open the file common.lua using Notepad++
- Find this line: local pos=string.find(v.name,".text") or string.find(v.name,"libs/Dwarf_Fortress") (it's line 39)
- Replace .text with Dwarf Fortress.exe, the whole line should now read: local pos=string.find(v.name,"Dwarf Fortress.exe") or string.find(v.name,"libs/Dwarf_Fortress")
- Save changes.
- Open DF, select the world you wish to embark on, swap to DFHack's console and type dfusion, hit enter.
- Type 1, hit enter.
- Type 30, hit enter.
- Embark (now with a starting population of 30).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 09:54:50 am by Niveras »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1930 on: January 25, 2014, 10:08:07 am »

Is there a way you can embark with more than 7 dwarves when you reclaim a spot? I have nearly a 1000+ items laying on the ground, and an army of goblins marked "Friendly" upon embard. I would like to see something along the lines of vanilla DF's "multiple dwarves and more embark points" when you reclaim a territory that was previously conquered.
?

Sure, just type "dwarves X" at the embark selector (the map), you get X units at embark. You didnt knew about it? "points X" also works.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: January 25, 2014, 10:14:31 am »

Well, that's certainly a lot easier than messing with dfusion.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: January 25, 2014, 10:34:43 am »

?

Sure, just type "dwarves X" at the embark selector (the map), you get X units at embark. You didnt knew about it? "points X" also works.

No, not at all! I just use the debug window, then?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1933 on: January 25, 2014, 10:41:49 am »

into the black dfhack window, yes.

from the manual:
When you embark in fort mode you have three new options on the embark selector, the map in which you chose your embark. You can run Nanofortress that allows 1tile-wide embarks, for 1x1 embarks that help FPS greatly, or 10x1 embarks if you like odd sizes. You can run EmbarkEverywhere, which allows you to embark on town, fortresses, tombs and towers. Expect heavy resistance in that case. And you can type 'startdwarf n' into dfhack, without the '' and with n being any number you like. startdwarf 25 would lead to 25 dwarves at embark. This way you can alter your starting group number.
(note: startdwarf or dwarves works both.)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: January 25, 2014, 01:47:50 pm »

Vanilla DF hasn't had that since 40d.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 165