Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201525 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1905 on: January 23, 2014, 03:25:16 pm »

Its a normal giant that made the civ believe its a god. It was not a god. ;) Its like the demon lawgivers that goblins often have.

Your civ can have one too. I saw one fort with a Vile Plaque Wraith as dwarven deity. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Getix Kain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: January 23, 2014, 03:26:16 pm »

Its a normal giant that made the civ believe its a god. It was not a god. ;) Its like the demon lawgivers that goblins often have.

Your civ can have one too. I saw one fort with a Vile Plaque Wraith as dwarven deity. :)

Is there any way to find out which civ I have pissed off by Killing their.. Emperor?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: January 23, 2014, 03:27:49 pm »

Is there any way to find out which civ I have pissed off by Killing their.. Emperor?

Probably when they send a seige to seek vengeance. Expect a long and bloody conflict ultimately resolved with a peace treaty if it drags on long enough and to the detriment of the attacking party.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1908 on: January 23, 2014, 03:28:48 pm »

If it was just the deity, with no special message, it was probably your own. A dwarven deity. Just check your dwarves, maybe someone worshipped that guy.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Getix Kain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: January 23, 2014, 03:35:13 pm »

Probably when they send a seige to seek vengeance. Expect a long and bloody conflict ultimately resolved with a peace treaty if it drags on long enough and to the detriment of the attacking party.

So far (I'm using a limited set of option of the mod) I had 2-3 warlock sieges (2 destroyed, 1 lasted for like..3 months and I did not dare to attack), 3 Frogmen sieges (1 repelled, 2 waited out) and some pretty standard orc/goblin ambushes.

I'll wait and see what will happen in the next few months/year and see who's going to come knocking.

Thanks for the answer! ;)

MoloMowChow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: January 24, 2014, 12:45:41 am »

So I took an arcane dwarf, and initiated him into the Air-school of magic.

But it appears that after this completed, his status changed to "Tame" and I have lost direct control of this dwarf. Is this normal? How do I make him continue his air magic training?

I have the reagents, and I tried pasturing this "Tame" dwarf onto the workshop, and it looked like the reaction was starting, but somewhere along the way it stoppewd and nothing changed. Is there any instructions on how to upgrade dwarves through magic schools?

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: January 24, 2014, 01:27:51 am »

let him sit for a couple of months, and he will come out of his coma, ready to kick some ass

MoloMowChow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: January 24, 2014, 02:20:14 am »

let him sit for a couple of months, and he will come out of his coma, ready to kick some ass

I thought i got passed that phase already though. After his joining air mage i got a message that he transformed into something, and now he wanders the fortress in "Tame" state, instead of staying at the workshop. Is this how it works?

EDIT: Nevermind, after some time I got another transformation that specifically said "Windkin"
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 02:51:04 am by MoloMowChow »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1913 on: January 24, 2014, 06:02:31 am »

Did you look at his unit description? It should have all the info.

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: January 24, 2014, 03:09:48 pm »

is crafted plate armor objectively the best armor, or is there something about the various boots and other armors you can get in low-chance reactions like the expedition outfitter or whatnot.  a guardianplate sounds cool but it seems to just have less everything than plate mail?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1915 on: January 24, 2014, 03:39:20 pm »

All the odd artefact names are identical to plate armor. Most of them at least. The artefact shields are usually even better.

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: January 24, 2014, 04:09:36 pm »

Yeah, the first thing I do is get dragon shields from an inventor.  They seem a lot better.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: January 24, 2014, 04:12:46 pm »

Ehh.  You can buy bladeshields early and cheap and the coverage is more than adequate.
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

lukstra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: January 24, 2014, 06:22:16 pm »

Quick question:

I'm trying to decide what to arm my militia commander with: a masterwork bloody war hammer of Armok, or an artifact welded wolfram war hammer. The wolfram war hammer is really heavy (47!) compared to the bloody war hammer (6) and I'm not sure if the extra weight is worth the speed deficit. In fact, how good are bloody weapons compared to other materials? (can't seem to find the material in the raws)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: January 24, 2014, 06:42:34 pm »

Weight is most of what matters when it comes to blunt weaponry.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 165