Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201480 times)

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1890 on: January 22, 2014, 06:09:19 am »

Can i request one unpassable tile for all magma workshops? ^^

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1891 on: January 22, 2014, 09:24:55 am »

Can i request one unpassable tile for all magma workshops? ^^
If it is to close that one open tile and make them secure from magma-related monsters: No.  :D
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: January 22, 2014, 12:11:59 pm »

and if i make up some other arbitrary reason? :D

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: January 23, 2014, 07:00:15 am »

These pets should be war-trained and assigned as work animals to the fitting mage.
That is what the manual says. But war training isn't available for my basilisk. :(

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1894 on: January 23, 2014, 07:06:57 am »

These pets should be war-trained and assigned as work animals to the fitting mage.
That is what the manual says. But war training isn't available for my basilisk. :(
Is noted. Thanks for the reports. Its an easy fix, just adding TRAINABLE works. can be done in a running save as well.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: January 23, 2014, 01:58:16 pm »

I keep buying changelings for my mage who promptly turns them into a basilisk or unicorn and then somehow they're immediately claimed as pets by randion assholes in the fort, so I have a few various mage pets roaming around sometimes casting spells unrelated to the mage who is not usually beside them.

One of the basilisks is also a werebeast but they don't transform, so I have a cursed basilisk that doesn't hurt anyone

Getix Kain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: January 23, 2014, 03:04:55 pm »

There is a .. friendly DEITY VISITING MY FORT  :o

Is it safe to keep it inside the fort itself or should I try to slaughter it with my meager 10 swordwarfs?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: January 23, 2014, 03:07:34 pm »

Is it safe to keep it inside the fort itself or should I try to slaughter it with my meager 10 swordwarfs?

Depends on what it is really. Just a masquerading prat that needs exterminating anyway, though killing it will undoubtedly spark war with the civ they control.

Getix Kain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: January 23, 2014, 03:08:51 pm »

Depends on what it is really. Just a masquerading prat that needs exterminating anyway, though killing it will undoubtedly spark war with the civ they control.

Well, currently it is eating away my FURNITURE.. I'm a bit.. perplexed.
It entered the room of a dwarf, destroy (eaten?) the furniture and now it is moving towards another room.

It says it is a giant... Something's wrong!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: January 23, 2014, 03:09:48 pm »

It entered the room of a dwarf, destroy (eaten?) the furniture and now it is moving towards another room.

Ah, just a breed of giant, a squad of 10 should easily be able to swarm it with raw numbers. but there's still the resultant religious war to deal with.

Getix Kain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: January 23, 2014, 03:11:11 pm »

Ah, just a breed of giant, a squad of 10 should easily be able to swarm it with raw numbers. but there's still the resultant religious war to deal with.

Religious war?

I'm really starting to love MW.  :P

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: January 23, 2014, 03:12:58 pm »

Religious war?

Actually any time you murder a megabeast/demon masquerading as a deity it'll more than likely cause the civ it ruled to react very violently, be it in a mod or vanilla. I mean you did just kill the "physical manifestation" of one of their gods after all.

Getix Kain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: January 23, 2014, 03:13:25 pm »

Religious war?

Actually any time you murder a megabeast/demon masquerading as a deity it'll more than likely cause the civ it ruled to react very violently, be it in a mod or vanilla. I mean you did just kill the "physical manifestation" of one of their gods after all.

Screw it!
IT was eating my MASTERWORK FURNITURE!  :o

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: January 23, 2014, 03:14:44 pm »

Religious war?

Screw it!

The impertinant deity has defaced a masterwork! SLAY IT! SLAY IT IN REVENGE FOR THE DOORS AND BEDS!

Getix Kain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: January 23, 2014, 03:17:59 pm »

Religious war?

Screw it!

The impertinant deity has defaced a masterwork! SLAY IT! SLAY IT IN REVENGE FOR THE DOORS AND BEDS!

Well, that was easy.
I was supposing a more climatic fight but.. well.. it went down REALLY quickly.

That means that now probably another civilization is at war with me because I killed the Avatar of their Deity on Earth and now they want to come after me?

Is there any way to prevent it or should I wait and see what happens? Never happened before..

"I was there, the day that Horus killed the Emperor”.  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 165