Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201448 times)

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1875 on: January 20, 2014, 02:27:39 pm »

You should make it into welded mithril- it may not be much better, but it is a lot lighter and stretches your supply- it's not like titanium can really be used for anything else besides making expensive goblets.

titanium can be really hard to get in bulk to make armor with, unfortunately.  I do it for breastplates and greaves because they're big, but i think solid_density has something to do with resistance to blunt and at some point i dunno if it gets too low to trust to helms

is adamantine armor objectively the best armor against heavy maces and hammers and stuff too?

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: January 20, 2014, 03:56:34 pm »

Okay, my research on fire has continued...
Magmaproof floodgates are indeed not fireproof, even if built on constructed stonefloors, sperated by an empty tile from the bushfire.
Also paved roads can not resist prolonged exposure of burning drakes.

Now I could now try to floor all the tiles in the area, instead of using paved roads (but this costs three times as many blocks), but I'm not sure, if that would even work. How to safely use fireturrets(both kinds) above ground?  :D Without having to reconstruct the whole area, because some stupid ape runs into the turrets....

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1877 on: January 20, 2014, 04:16:09 pm »

Aboveground. There is your problem already. :P Use them inside ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: January 20, 2014, 05:38:15 pm »

You should make it into welded mithril- it may not be much better, but it is a lot lighter and stretches your supply- it's not like titanium can really be used for anything else besides making expensive goblets.

titanium can be really hard to get in bulk to make armor with, unfortunately.  I do it for breastplates and greaves because they're big, but i think solid_density has something to do with resistance to blunt and at some point i dunno if it gets too low to trust to helms

is adamantine armor objectively the best armor against heavy maces and hammers and stuff too?

Quotes from wiki:
Armor made of adamantine provides unmatched protection against slashing and piercing attacks, but blunt attacks and ranged weapons have high armor penetration capacity, so a full kit of adamantine armor is nonetheless not a recipe for combat invulnerability.
Even adamantine armor only prevents an estimated 13% of (blunt) blows, demonstrating the utility of the slow but sure war hammer. 
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: January 20, 2014, 08:10:31 pm »

you completely misunderstood the idea of an ABOVEGROUND challenge :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1880 on: January 20, 2014, 08:37:04 pm »

you completely misunderstood the idea of an ABOVEGROUND challenge :D
You have a point. But I didnt say UNDERGROUND :D
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: January 20, 2014, 10:56:25 pm »

EDIT: Moving to the Kobold gameplay questions topic. Sorry

« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 11:11:49 pm by Dazbuzz »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: January 21, 2014, 04:05:06 pm »

Are stalls/caravans the only source of [ (library supplies) tool ], or am I blind and they can be created in-fort in a workshop somewhere?

Shadow9657

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: January 21, 2014, 05:25:28 pm »

The library supplies tool isn't an actual item I think. Just make sure you have paper ink and glue and you should probably be fine.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1885 on: January 21, 2014, 05:28:01 pm »

library supplies = paper. vellum. papyrus. Anything that can be written on. look at your thatchery, screwpress or tanner.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: January 21, 2014, 05:45:46 pm »

Ah, okay. I was thinking the "tool" was some kind of actual item, sort of a group under which would fall under any kind of writing implement as a kind of abstraction. The confusion is probably because it follows the same format as research discoveries, which actually are distinct items preceded by the group name (but I don't recommend any kind of change to make that clearly, just a learning experience).

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: January 21, 2014, 07:25:35 pm »

What materials does the default material reaction give? It has no products.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1888 on: January 21, 2014, 07:48:52 pm »

None, as you say.

Each race has specific materials they are associated with, as seen in the manual. for example mithril for elves. if you play with default, they will only have those.

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: January 21, 2014, 07:51:40 pm »

Okay.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 165