Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201251 times)

c4rb0nd8r

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1425 on: November 24, 2013, 02:03:19 pm »

Thanks Meph.

The workshop issue was a mason's workshop and a carpenter's, and just building beds, doors, etc. I didn't see any pattern to when they disassembled in terms of it was idle or not. I believe they were built with wood once, and shale too? They disassembled multiple times. Though there was a mechanic's workshop next to them that was not disassembled.

No fog/mist that I noticed, only rain. No mages or other creatures. There was a worker hornet in the room with the farm, which may have been the cause there? But I'm fairly sure they came after I had the mason/carpenter problem.

I'll keep an eye out for it happening again and see if there is a pattern to it.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: November 26, 2013, 12:21:03 am »

I keep making the humans mad at me.  Could be that I always make their caravans fight off warlocks.  However when they siege they always seem to be riding giant bees and some sort of giant marsupial.  I've been chucking all my excess boulders at them with my siege operators but they seem content to sit out there.  Do invaders actually bring flying mounts?  I've never actually seen a invader riding a mount fly over my walls.  I've seen warlocks bring along flying giant war bats before but they weren't riding them.  I lost many a good dwarf and around 50 war mastiffs to those fiends.

Also is it hard coded that all invaders are friendly to each other.  I was throwing armed goblins with my catapults out at the human siege and they seemed content to just hang out with each other then the goblin went on his merry way.  If the civilization screen listed them as at war would they actually fight each other if they were both invaders?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1427 on: November 26, 2013, 03:22:08 am »

Flying pathfinding is broken, they might or might not attack. The civs will only fight each other if they are at WAR, or if one is opposed to life and the other is not. Try chucking landmines, is a lot more fun.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Giimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: November 27, 2013, 06:29:16 pm »

Dwarfs from town portal does not appear in militia\noble screen's. I saw somewhere that they must be an historical figures. I got one to make a masterpiece and that dont work. Is there any workaround on this problem?
join issue

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1429 on: November 28, 2013, 01:26:08 am »

no workaround, its a dfhack script... maybe dfhack r4 allows a fix, but as far as I know none has been written so far.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: November 28, 2013, 01:55:31 am »

Could give them a fig in r3. Might cause horrible crashes, but then I haven't actually tried.

Yama

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: November 28, 2013, 06:02:46 am »

Hey everyone, registered to ask this.

I started masterwork adventure mode today, and noticed I have a bunch of stuff to craft now, but under -Material production- I only seem to have Gather Wood, I've googled this a bit and noticed that I'm missing a few things here, like tan hide and mine and such, do I have to level knapping up to unlock these skills or what?

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: November 28, 2013, 06:53:20 am »

No Knapping skill needed. You can either experiment with Adv-Fort, which will let you build dwarf mode builds and use them as if it was a fortress, or add some adventure reactions of your own for what you need (which should then need a world regen, I believe).

Meph focuses mostly on Dwarf mode, so the Adventurer knapping reactions might be missing a few things.

Yama

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: November 28, 2013, 07:01:08 am »

I understand it might be missing some thing, but the weird thing is that everything else is in, I could craft any leather/bone/whatever item I would want to, if I was able to get my hands on some tanned leather hides, which is impossible.

Its all supposed to be part of the Genesis mod as far as I can tell, so I'm guessing this might be a bug, I'll have to figure out where to report this.

Swonnrr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: November 28, 2013, 04:05:33 pm »

I have a "Sick Dwarf" (caste).
From what i understand he is a disease carrier: Is here any way to cure him?
I could isolate him, but he's an excellent cook and i need him to keep the morale high.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: November 29, 2013, 02:29:20 pm »

Did I hallucinate a utility to start with more than 7 dwarves? Aside from this hex edit:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126550.msg4284353#msg4284353

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: November 29, 2013, 02:42:52 pm »

DFHack: startdwarf #
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: November 29, 2013, 03:22:22 pm »

DFHack: startdwarf #

Thanks, jimboo.

This is a perfect example of why I'll never complain about someone not being able to find a post: search for "startdwarf", search for "start", none of the results from "start" are found in the results from "startdwarf".

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: December 01, 2013, 07:14:19 pm »

What is the value of a trade license?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: December 02, 2013, 04:27:26 pm »

Apologies in advance if this has been covered.  I am trying to get metalworking going, and from what i can tell i need to research all of the forges and furnaces (for metal) beyond the smelter, yes?  There no longer seems to be any of the normal forges or furnaces.  I've gone through the manual and this seems like an intentional change to slow down efficient metalworking, but i want to make sure i am not just being daft.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 165