Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201235 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1395 on: November 14, 2013, 01:28:36 pm »

It has a very long cooldown and can only target fresh corpses, not skeletons... its more designed to be a "random miracle" then something you can control.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: November 14, 2013, 01:37:47 pm »

The corpses are listed as "[Name]'s corpse", not yet skeletons or rotten. It's also been several years at least since he last resurrected anyone.

Guess I'll just have to replace my fallen soldiers the old-fashioned way :(

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: November 15, 2013, 07:20:12 pm »

What are the options for moving magma around in the current version?
- I understand the magmaling process
- I see references to magmatankers, which I infer is some kind of cart? How do I use thatk?
- I see references to magma bottles.  Are these used at the liquid spawner? When I try to build a spawner, I'm told I need a science discovery, but I don't see a relevant task at the researchers?

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: November 15, 2013, 08:48:24 pm »

Odd situation - a caravan was destroyed by ambushers, but "left" a wagon stuck on my downslope:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's three webs left over from the drowspiders the gobos were riding - underneath each is a downslope.  The two oxen are "stuck" in the wall, and I cannot dig them out (you'll see the middle square is colored, as it's designated for digging, but won't get dug).  Can't collect the webs, either.  There was a pile of loot^H^H^H^Hcaravan goods right above the webs that I had claimed, but those also wouldn't be touched.

I finally marked them for dump, and they got dumped.  I then reclaimed all of them, and they got moved to their piles ... but I cannot see any of the items in any way other than directly looking at them.  The animal cages, for instance, are all in my animal pile, but don't show up in the animal menu or as cages.

What gives?

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: November 16, 2013, 05:25:20 am »

What am I supposed to do with mutilated corpses? I had hundreds of the things, so I tossed them in lava to get rid of them, but they aren't burning up.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: November 16, 2013, 05:28:45 am »

What am I supposed to do with mutilated corpses? I had hundreds of the things, so I tossed them in lava to get rid of them, but they aren't burning up.

I think they can be burnt into ash at the crematorium, or studied at the medical theatre. I think dwarves might also be able to study them at the biology lab, but I've got an orc fort right now...

Having said that, my citizens like to place them into 'finished goods' bins and trade them away to merchants.  I'm wondering if this also means they're immune to rotting...

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1401 on: November 16, 2013, 06:30:22 am »

I think they can be burnt into ash at the crematorium, or studied at the medical theatre. I think dwarves might also be able to study them at the biology lab, but I've got an orc fort right now...

Having said that, my citizens like to place them into 'finished goods' bins and trade them away to merchants.  I'm wondering if this also means they're immune to rotting...

~ T
You cna burn them in the crematory, study them in the biologists lab, sacrifice them in the temple... and depending on type (kobold, automaton, frost giant), different buildings can do different things with them... like taking the clockwork out of automatons, or extracting bifrost from the frost giants.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: November 16, 2013, 11:08:56 am »

I finally marked them for dump, and they got dumped.  I then reclaimed all of them, and they got moved to their piles ... but I cannot see any of the items in any way other than directly looking at them.  The animal cages, for instance, are all in my animal pile, but don't show up in the animal menu or as cages.

What gives?

I was able to free the oxen by digging from the other side - when they left the map, all the stuff became mine.  Didn't occur to me they would continue to "own" all the caravan goods.

Those are some well-trained oxen ...

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: November 17, 2013, 03:31:58 pm »

what's the diff between the various leather types (such as scaleplate and rigid scaleplate)?  I'd check the database that nesis is working on, but it's been down.

Apparently tough leather is 20 embark points, but all the other leathers are 15, to include regular leather.  Not sure if that's a value bug.

MuDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: November 17, 2013, 03:38:41 pm »

This is straight from the Dwarf manual.

Leather = Vanilla Leather. ::: Tough leather = Copper.

Studded leather = Bronze. ::: Lamellar leather = Iron.

Chitinplate = Bronze. ::: Rigid Chitin = Iron, very light.

Scaleplate = Bronze. ::: Rigid Scale = Iron, fireproof.

Shellplate = Bronze. ::: Rigid Shellplate = Between iron and steel, heavy.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: November 17, 2013, 04:05:16 pm »

This is straight from the Dwarf manual.

Leather = Vanilla Leather. ::: Tough leather = Copper.

Studded leather = Bronze. ::: Lamellar leather = Iron.

Chitinplate = Bronze. ::: Rigid Chitin = Iron, very light.

Scaleplate = Bronze. ::: Rigid Scale = Iron, fireproof.

Shellplate = Bronze. ::: Rigid Shellplate = Between iron and steel, heavy.

thx

I looked under weapons and inorganic materials for scaleplate before I asked... couldn't find it.

If the manual had a built in search function...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 04:07:14 pm by thistleknot »

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: November 17, 2013, 04:41:46 pm »

The leather values really need to be gone through to reflect their material strengths.

P.S.  Leather is an organic material, not an inorganic material.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: November 17, 2013, 04:52:06 pm »

I was talking about the mwmod manual, not the raws billyjack, although ironically enough, I see your mod removed the inorganic:leather and inorganic:chitin, but I wasn't talking raws

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: November 18, 2013, 06:54:49 am »

I agree the strength of each of the "leathers" are a bit skewed to high.

With the level 1 chitin/shell/scale plates being bronze and level 2 being iron(plus) with so much less labor, supplies, and overall trouble, I tend to just farm cave turtles for all my early and padded armor needs. Leather goes to suede for quivers and bags (and Kobold buildings).

For me, the problem with the leather upgrade chain is the oil. Plants take so much time with harder farmer and needed for booze, thread, or food, or the oil is needed for soap, tree polish, etc. Kobolds get to use tallow but not dwarves.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: November 18, 2013, 10:03:07 am »

Armok's Ward oddness - in recent forts I have one or two purchased Armok Ward in cages, but the dim beards refuse to put them into their zones.  All other animals, golems, vermin, and caught enemies are handled fine, but they just ignore the Ward ... did I miss something?
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 165