Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201211 times)

m-logik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1365 on: November 11, 2013, 05:33:13 pm »

@m-logic

What tileset?

Did you turn simple stone off?

I'm using Phoebus, and simple stone and simple minerals are both turned off. It might be worth noting that harder mining and harder smithing are also turned off, though I still have warpstone and miners still get sick when digging it.

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: November 11, 2013, 06:45:08 pm »

How do I transform a changeling into a familiar? I have a skymage.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: November 12, 2013, 05:16:32 am »

So, feathers... my orcs will happily stuff them into bags, but then what? As far as I can tell they can only be used for quills (important for research, but orcs don't do that; they plunder blueprints), and beds (which sound nice). Am I missing anything?

Oh, they can be used to make down. But down doesn't appear to have any use at all.

Given the reaction is called 'MAKE_DOWN_BED', should I be writing a patch so that feathers -> down -> bed?  I'm quite happy skipping the intermediate step and removing down entirely if it has no other use.

As an aside, cleaning feathers doesn't appear to use a bag, despite resulting in a "bag of feathers". ;)

~ T

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: November 12, 2013, 06:05:40 am »

How am I supposed to use the Blast Furnace for melting weapons/armor? When I tried it, the dwarves started filling it up with my masterwork steel weapons instead of the goblinite I had designated for melting...

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: November 12, 2013, 07:03:22 am »

I know that transformations into guilds randomize stats for dwarves.  Does a dwarf using the speakers podium or transforming to run a arbalest or trebuchet also have randomized stats when transforming back into a dwarf?

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: November 12, 2013, 07:13:02 am »

How am I supposed to use the Blast Furnace for melting weapons/armor? When I tried it, the dwarves started filling it up with my masterwork steel weapons instead of the goblinite I had designated for melting...

The blast furnace doesn't look at the Melt flag, that's only used by regular smelters. To process goblinite in your blast furnace, you'll want to create a stockpile for it, and then use stockpile links to designate that to give to the blast furnace. Unless you've got a magma furnace, make sure you also have a linked stockpile that provides fuel.

Likewise, you can use a stockpile link to *take* from your weaponsmith, making sure that your masterwork weapons don't end up in the recycling pile by accident.

Stockpile links are pretty much the best thing ever. :)

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1371 on: November 12, 2013, 01:13:09 pm »

I know that transformations into guilds randomize stats for dwarves.  Does a dwarf using the speakers podium or transforming to run a arbalest or trebuchet also have randomized stats when transforming back into a dwarf?
No, because he turns into a workshop-user with randomized stats, and then back to the old dwarf he was before. His stats stay the same, except for the "imprisoned dwarf". If you put them in prison, they lose 2% of their stats for each month in there.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: November 12, 2013, 01:37:55 pm »

The blast furnace doesn't look at the Melt flag, that's only used by regular smelters. To process goblinite in your blast furnace, you'll want to create a stockpile for it, and then use stockpile links to designate that to give to the blast furnace. Unless you've got a magma furnace, make sure you also have a linked stockpile that provides fuel.

Likewise, you can use a stockpile link to *take* from your weaponsmith, making sure that your masterwork weapons don't end up in the recycling pile by accident.

Stockpile links are pretty much the best thing ever. :)

~ T

Ok, thanks.

Is there any particular way arbalests should be set up? I'm particularly worried about "friendly fire", like with ballistas. Also, do they benefit from higher quality parts?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1373 on: November 12, 2013, 01:40:29 pm »

Its automatically, but doesnt work atm.. I forgot the SUPERNATURAL tag on them... next update will fix that. Sorry.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: November 12, 2013, 05:01:04 pm »

Its automatically, but doesnt work atm.. I forgot the SUPERNATURAL tag on them... next update will fix that. Sorry.

Ok. Just a thought, but wouldn't it be better to include a reaction to do so in the elemental/black/white magic schools? It would give the player more control over what is happening.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: November 12, 2013, 05:10:07 pm »

like when they pick your one breeder.

Maybe keep the tag on the female caste, if possible.

You'll have to create a cheap structure with no science involved if you go the reaction route. It wouldn't be right that I have to research the magic buildings just to get a familiar for the mage who came on a migration wave.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)
« Reply #1376 on: November 12, 2013, 06:58:45 pm »

This mod seems awesome, but i couldn't play it too much, yet. I'm anxious to have some time to bury myself on it. :D

Also, I found that scrolling between z-levels with the mouse wheel crashes the game, while doing it with the keyboard functions normally. Did anyone else reported the same issue?

Edit: Dem wrong topic, I'm sorry. I'm new to the forum and i think i messed something while posting.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:02:54 pm by Urist McBeatdemtantruming »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: November 13, 2013, 02:36:52 am »

You can't scroll through Z-levels with the mousewheel. The mousewheel zooms.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: November 13, 2013, 04:16:01 am »

You can remap the z-level scrolling to the mouse.  I do it and have not had any crashes related to it.  The only crashes I generally have is when I generate a second world during the same session.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: November 13, 2013, 04:48:58 am »

Oh... you can remap to scroll with mouse? O_O How?
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 165