Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201202 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1350 on: November 07, 2013, 11:03:06 pm »

Is it dodging?

tenshi99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: November 08, 2013, 02:17:47 am »

nope. its misc obj user

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: November 08, 2013, 02:22:11 am »

You can't use that for reactions (without a manager) and it's only used in using things-that-aren't weapons in combat. Why's it called athletics?

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: November 08, 2013, 07:10:17 pm »

Athletic is used and trained when using the weight bench. It increases the speed at which you complete the reaction (gain attributes) as the level increases. I'm not sure whether it has a direct impact on combat, but dwarves with a higher athletic skill have been using the weight bench for longer, so they'll have higher strength, agility and endurance as a result. As putnam said, you have to assign a dwarf to the bench using the manager.

I don't see it anywhere in therapist, but you can see it's level on any dwarf with at least dabbling through the general info on view unit (v in the default hotkeys).

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: November 08, 2013, 07:16:39 pm »

I'm not sure whether it has a direct impact on combat

used in using things-that-aren't weapons in combat.

for example, a attacking with a sock will increase it

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1355 on: November 09, 2013, 04:52:22 am »

The weight bench trains attributes, and the athletics skill. Its simply used to show how well trained a dwarf is. I figured misc-object-user makes sense. I mostly did this, to allow easier micromanagement for players that want to use the weight benches.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: November 09, 2013, 08:09:41 pm »

whoa, you totally just answered a question I was about to ask Meph.  Thanks (I'm not sure if that diverse map in 4c is to thank, but this release (diverse map) is super easy, so I'm learning all the industries...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 08:27:09 pm by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: November 09, 2013, 08:13:04 pm »

You can't use that for reactions (without a manager) and it's only used in using things-that-aren't weapons in combat. Why's it called athletics?

thanks!

This just totally helped me out with this concept of using Dwarf Therapist workshop profiles "hack"

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: November 10, 2013, 01:28:28 pm »

How do you process ironbark, steeloak, and farmed trees? Thanks!
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1359 on: November 10, 2013, 01:44:09 pm »

How do you process ironbark, steeloak, and farmed trees? Thanks!
Two ways:

Cut them in the sawmill => Wood
Refine them in the Herbalists Lab => Items, Special Objects (like iron/steel bars)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

m-logik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: November 10, 2013, 07:56:12 pm »

I've got a lot of tetrahedrite-bearing rocks, copper-bearing rocks, and limonite but no reactions to purify them at the ore processor. Do they smelt normally (like vanilla, I mean)? If not, can the raws be edited to fix it without creating a new world?

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: November 11, 2013, 12:58:02 am »

I've got a lot of tetrahedrite-bearing rocks, copper-bearing rocks, and limonite but no reactions to purify them at the ore processor. Do they smelt normally (like vanilla, I mean)? If not, can the raws be edited to fix it without creating a new world?

How close is that ore bearing rock to the processor?  You could try making a garbage dump right next to the processor, haul the ore up, then reclaim it.  I'm thinking that maybe you have a base wide burrow set for emergencies and when you mined out the new area didn't extend the burrow.  I've found a lot of time workshops will only recognize and accept items from within their burrow, even if the burrow isn't active.

m-logik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: November 11, 2013, 03:36:27 am »

Some of it is right next to the processor, and I don't have any burrows. The option doesn't even appear in red in the processor's menu. I notice that a few updates back (.3i maybe?) the notes say that tetrahedrite and its reactions, as well as those for some other copper rocks, were removed. This doesn't appear to be the case in this version (.4c). Perhaps the reactions for the ore processor were missed when they were put back in? Is anyone else able to process tetrahedrite, native copper and copper-bearing rock? I'll reiterate that they don't even appear in red in the ore processor's menu.

GunnerX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: November 11, 2013, 07:45:00 am »

No reactions for non-simple mineral ores in the processor.

Any idea why the frost wyrm fighting the chained gnolls in my depot started my kobold fort on fire?  How about Kunia the friendly deity Forest Giant starting a blaze in my moss covered peat farms and pastures without any noticeable combat?  I mean he literally just chilled there for half a season, while I tried desperately to do flood control on an accidentally exposed tear of armok in the lower levels, and the first I hear of it is reports of cragtooths bleeding to death and fire is raging through the z-level, including my military training/Depot overlook area.  Am I just cursed with inopportune secrets of fire or are there some faulty temp calcs somewhere?

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: November 11, 2013, 01:32:49 pm »

@m-logic

What tileset?

Did you turn simple stone off?
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 165