Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201159 times)

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1290 on: October 31, 2013, 07:23:41 am »

O_O and what about meat? And bones? ANd leathrer? Kill those damn witch-hunters - they are bad for business.

MadeOfStarDust

• Bay Watcher
  • Alone on the surface of an alien world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: October 31, 2013, 07:59:23 am »

O_O and what about meat? And bones? ANd leathrer? Kill those damn witch-hunters - they are bad for business.

They're meant to be useful in evil reanimating biomes and embarks with necromancer towers nearby.
Also...
Why is there a flaming headless zombie version of you in our moat?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: October 31, 2013, 08:03:49 am »

They're meant to be useful in evil reanimating biomes and embarks with necromancer towers nearby.
If you rely on meat, leather and bones then you are going to have your arse whupped by the first few back-to-back sieges.

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: October 31, 2013, 11:48:51 am »

He can still wall the stockpiles or keep then underground with an air seal corridor. I use this method for avoid the miasma roams all the fort. Also, the bones should stay behind a safe room.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: October 31, 2013, 12:44:25 pm »

Good idea, never even think about it, because I normally atomsmash werecreatures :p

You already use this method for "automate" stable grazing?

Nope, just read the idea somewhere.
Honestly, I don't even play nowadays. Sometimes I load a testfort to try out an idea, but I stopped playing since I designed my my minecart megaproject in excel and figured out how much time is needed to implement it.
So I'm just a lurker for now. :)

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: October 31, 2013, 01:34:59 pm »

There's still no way to cure pets, yes?  That shaggy badgerdog with all rotten parts, just trailing miasma wherever he goes, can only be penned out in the field and left to heal or die, right?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1296 on: October 31, 2013, 01:37:18 pm »

Armor him, the transformation will cure him.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

salsaheaven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: October 31, 2013, 06:42:19 pm »

How do I completely disable magic? I don't really like that much fantasy in my fortress.
Oh and I read about an endless supply of diamonds with sand or ash? Maybe kind of an exploit, but can anyone give me a hint on that? Can I produce diamonds?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 06:52:31 pm by salsaheaven »

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: October 31, 2013, 07:21:05 pm »

Press Peat to coal (Peat is collected like clay)

Press resulting coal to diamonds.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

serriffe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: October 31, 2013, 07:45:35 pm »

Witch Hunters should destroy all the corpses they see, among other things... they animate them into a instantly dying creature that leaves no corpse. That might scare civilians nearby.

I'm not sure if I should write this in the bug section, nor do I know if other people have experienced this issue, but my Witch Hunter does reanimate corpses and they do die quickly, but not instantaneously. The reanimated corpses persist for at least a few dozen frames and have managed to kill a few unlucky dorfs who were standing nearby. Additionally, it seems that the reanimated "corpse exploded" creatures leave new corpses? I'm not 100% sure about this because the reanimation process somehow interferes with naming of the mounts, but I have a bunch of plain Jabberer corpses that I were originally named mounts the goblins rode in on that would normally display as "[name]'s corpse".

I finally got the Witch Hunter child into an isolated burrow, which was quite tedious because he was scaring himself with his own reanimated corpses which I found humors.

Swonnrr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: October 31, 2013, 08:10:14 pm »

I(well, the workers) was doing stuff outside, and had to check something in the inferior levels.
I forgot to pay attention, and get a cloud of blinding sand on my fortress.
All my animals and almost all my dwarves are now blinds. -vision lost- says the health screen.

Is it a temporary syndrom, or are they definitely blinds?
If it's not temporary... might i suggest it's a bit overkill against above-ground forts?
Dwarves don't know how to close their eyes or what?

Faulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: November 01, 2013, 12:17:00 pm »

Dwarfs from town portal does not appear in militia\noble screen's. I saw somewhere that they must be an historical figures. I got one to make a masterpiece and that dont work. Is there any workaround on this problem?

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: November 01, 2013, 03:34:00 pm »

P. sure someone said to killing enemies gives them the historical figure status.

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: November 01, 2013, 03:51:45 pm »

Press Peat to coal (Peat is collected like clay)

Press resulting coal to diamonds.

Then proceed to gem-tip every arrow you have and every slashing weapon.

Fabulous army!

m-logik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: November 01, 2013, 04:21:06 pm »

I've just breached the 3rd cavern layer for the first time in MW, and now I've got "floor tiles" growing in an area that I was planning to make into an indoor pasture. A search informed me that this isn't a bug, but didn't reveal much else about them, particularly whether or not they are edible for grazers. Are they?
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 165