Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201179 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1260 on: October 26, 2013, 06:11:35 pm »

turned out, burrows bug.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: October 27, 2013, 04:59:54 pm »

So I have a dwarf painting pentagrams and a vampire among my 200 dwarves. I know who they are but what to do with them besides stationing as ambush revealers?

Temple of Armok got me a Ward and it is now pastured in the communal bedroom. Right next square to it are my possessed dwarves but I get no announcements in any log. I suppose I will be able to cure the vampire when I eventually get feather logs for Light altar but what about the "painting pentagram with blood" dude? Also what could/should I do about all those people who make faces when they hear public speech ("reveal posessed")? Should my Apostles of Armok be doing something about them?

chronomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: October 27, 2013, 05:12:54 pm »

I think the pentagram guy is a warlock, and I believe there is a reaction in the one of the religious buildings that is called pray to armok, and he gets cured, or you can offer his life to armok in the temple in exchange for some armor and some tears from the unlucky widower ;)

I've been genning some worlds with evil biomes and I can't find glumprong trees in any of them, how can I get some glumprong so I can get some dark magic going?

TuturuJones

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: October 27, 2013, 06:26:03 pm »

I've made 3 worlds now and every time I'm choosing my embark supplies, I can't get cows, dogs or cats. Not many options at all, why is this happening?

I also get a "No Trade" label on the civs that can access my chosen embark point, do I need something to get them to start trading with me?

In my previous game, I only got two migration waves and then started to get a "You fortress attracted no migrations this season" message, I've never gotten this message ever, is something specific causing it? I had almost 2M on wealth, so I really don't know.

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm only beginning to play the Masterwork mod and most of these stuff had never happened to me before.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1264 on: October 27, 2013, 06:33:40 pm »

Sounds like A: Your civ is dead (therefore no migrants after the first two waves) and B: You disabled the new pets... in the Settings you turned DomesticPets:Off. You can also get the old vanilla DF pets, like cows, dogs and cats back, if you turn SimplePets:Off.

The mod has many new pets, which add more flavor to the dwarven race... So the domesticPet button adds these in... they are on by default. The simplepet button removes the vanilla pets, which are no longer needed... again, this option is on by default. Seems you disabled the new pets, and the old pets. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: October 27, 2013, 07:51:35 pm »

Having all pets off means No Trade. No pack animals to haul the goods.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: October 28, 2013, 11:07:49 am »

As great as having interesting battle-logs are, the dozen or so different ways of saying "X stabbed Y" can make figuring out exactly what happened difficult and make adventure mode frustrating.

1) If I went through the weapons.txt files and simplified the attacks, would it affect the game in some detrimental manner?

2) How would I go about returning creature attacks back to vanilla attacks?  i.g. removing jabs, strikes, chops and making them just "punch" instead.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1267 on: October 28, 2013, 01:59:02 pm »

Open Settings.exe, Miscfeature:CombatLogs:Off. That will save you the trouble, as it does remove all the extra attacks.

2) Its in the creature standard, just delete the new attacks.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: October 28, 2013, 02:30:30 pm »

Open Settings.exe, Miscfeature:CombatLogs:Off. That will save you the trouble, as it does remove all the extra attacks.

2) Its in the creature standard, just delete the new attacks.

Thanks!

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: October 28, 2013, 02:50:21 pm »

4b linux, no burrows (well, one in the dining room)

First set Rune Armory / Rune Weaponry forges now set up since quite a few versions ago ... but I cannot seem to control their input.  With no piles set to give/take from those two, the reactions are visible, but setting a pile to give or take disables all reactions.  I'd like to restrict rune engraving to specific pieces ... thoughts?

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: October 28, 2013, 04:29:46 pm »

First set Rune Armory / Rune Weaponry forges now set up since quite a few versions ago ... but I cannot seem to control their input.  With no piles set to give/take from those two, the reactions are visible, but setting a pile to give or take disables all reactions.  I'd like to restrict rune engraving to specific pieces ... thoughts?
Do you have piles set to give with both qualifying armors/weapons and your metal bar stockpile?

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: October 28, 2013, 09:55:59 pm »

Do you have piles set to give with both qualifying armors/weapons and your metal bar stockpile?

<facepalm>

hera35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: October 29, 2013, 04:57:09 am »

How exactly does one transform changelings into familiars? I got an embark with LV2 Watermancer start and so also hired a few changelings (both male and female) but the manual doesn't mention how one is actually supposed to turn them into proper mage pets. The altars didn't seem to have such reactions in any of my previous forts and assigning the mage as a trainer does nothing either.

Oh and I'd refrain from actually using the water mages. The fort was soon visited by Langur Men who got slaughtered in seconds, but the mage's own spells afflicted major frostbites on him causing him to go blind and somehow managed to destroy all of his clothing which led to him going miserable and insane a few ticks later.

And a few questions about Light / Dark mages. The manual lists GOOD and EVIL biome as requirements for the altars but I noticed that you can buy both Glumprong and Feather Wood directly from one of the Mountainhome merchants. Would it be enough to just procure the logs that way or will it not let me build the altars without the right biome (similar to how you can't grow all plants in all biomes)? And these lines in particular caught my attention
A vampire in you army might be great as a fighter, but the price to pay is high. A lich can summon an entire undead army, but what if they decide that they dont need you any more and turn against the fort?
I once got a Vampire Mage through immigration who managed to kill one of my dwarves. I decided to lock him up for it and use him later as a super warrior but seems that vampires in Masterwork (or only the Vampire Mages?) still need to eat and drink normal stuff in order to stay alive. He died after being locked up for only a while and the death announcement read "found dehydrated".

And I was planning on making a fort centered around an eternal lich overlord, but I'm wondering if it's worth to go through the effort if he's just going to turn against me after some time. Or is it just a spiced warning about his conjured skellies having "Opposed to Life" tag which would make them hostile to everyone but other undead by default?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1273 on: October 29, 2013, 07:52:12 am »

GOOD/EVIL is just about the logs... yeah, you can buy them, no problem.

Or is it just a spiced warning about his conjured skellies having "Opposed to Life" tag which would make them hostile to everyone but other undead by default?
Yep. They dont go berserk on you, its just the raised undead that keep their alliances.

Mr. Orange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: October 29, 2013, 08:07:16 am »

I've got some questions regarding the Stables (11x11):
  • The feeding task, should I set that on repeat? Or should I micromanage it and activate it every so often?
  • Also, I read somewhere on the forum that once a season/year is sufficient for all the creatures within range when the task is executed?
  • I assigned an activity zone on top of it and assigned the grazers to it. I assume this is correct?
  • The crate of hay production, it doesn't give back any form of seeds or does it? I used cave wheat as a basis and eventually ran out of cave wheat seeds to plant.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 165